Author Topic: SB1 F10 and JB'D sights  (Read 571 times)

Offline cgoff

• Trade Count: (1)
SB1 F10 and JB'D sights
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:46:08 AM »
  I bought me an SB1 F10 and decided it needed more than A bead sight, so I JB welded the sights off my encore 270 on the barrel and so far so good.  I shot 10 3.5 inch turkey loads and 10 3 inch turkey loads and it hasn't budged, my shoulder on the other hand is jello, that thing kicks like a mule.  I did have one question, I'm averaging about 12 pellets in the head and neck area at 45 yds with the choke it comes with.  Is that a good number or should I try some different loads?  That was with both remongton 3" and 3.5" loads.  Any suggestions in loads or different tubes would be appreciated.   

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: SB1 F10 and JB'D sights
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »
 "averaging about 12 pellets in the head and neck area at 45 yds"equals one dead turkey :)
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:51:52 AM »
+1 to Roy

How did you prepare the barrel before using the JB?   
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline cgoff

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 05:31:46 PM »
  I traced around the sight on the barrel with a pencil then took my dremel with a sanding disk and stripped that area to bare metal (thought that would work well cause it leaves the suface rough) and did the same on the bottom of the sight.  I then wiped them both down with alcohol and let them dry before applying the JB Weld.