Author Topic: Tell me about Charles Manson.  (Read 1370 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Tell me about Charles Manson.
« on: March 16, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »
Tell me about Charles Manson. I caught part of an interview he did with the FBI in I think the 80'S. I know I can look this up on the net but he was a little before my time and he committed his crimes when I was just a couple years old. I happen to find him one of the most interesting crazy people I have ever heard of. He actually had a shot at a music career. I just would like to hear your take on his twisted mind. I wish I could find that interview he did with the FBI on the net because he was way out there and the part I caught was pretty interesting. Dale   http://news.aol.com/story/_a/graves-on-charles-manson-ranch/20080315151709990001
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Tell me about Charles Manson.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »
It was a bad day when Charles Manson was born, one of the few people I wish I had a shot at. 

Just before the murders I met a production manager who worked for the same studio that  Sharon Tate worked.  When they found out my brother was a marine in Vietnam Sharon Tate and others signed a bunch of photos which I then mailed to him.  The gentleman had nothing but nice things to say about Sharon Tate.

I was rather disappointed when Manson did not get the gas chamber, But there is some justice in the life he lives now.  He has a target on his back every day, because for a lifer in would be an honor to be the man who killed Charles Manson.  There is a whole lot written about him on the net, just look-up Charles Manson or the Manson family.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »
See that is kind of strange a member here actually has some first hand knowledge of him. :o Who else knows anything about him. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 04:34:20 PM »
crazy is an understatement-he was a psychotic killer who thought he could fuel a race war-there was nothing "interesting" about him other than his ability to manipulate people to carry our the murder of innocent people-he would have been put to death but the libs back then banned the death penalty as cruel an unusual....

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 04:43:26 PM »
I found the interview the FBI did with him very interesting. I could not believe how whacked out of his head he was. He was speaking like every one else was wrong with their thinking and he was the sane one. Dale

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:58:47 PM »
Manson is a good study in denial.
His ideas were unfounded and yet he could convince others that he was almost Christ like. Those that followed were extremely vulnerable and in need. While he did not care for anyone, even himself, he was charismatic in character and without social conscious.
He is the exact definition of the anti-Christ.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 12:51:07 AM »
I suggest you read the book Helter Skelter.

http://www.amazon.com/Helter-Skelter-Story-Manson-Murders/dp/0393322238

You can probably find it at your local library......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 01:37:58 AM »
Pardon me.  Manson is little more than a psychotic killer and the swastika on his forehead is where is would place the muzzle of my pistol. 

AOL news today reported investigators trekking to his 'last redoubt' to search for other bodies buried in the desert in Death Valley nearly 40 years after the manson family murders were committed.

This guy is an interesting study in nothing but a determination of which minimal caliber bullet will cause him the most pain while killing him slowly.  Hmmmm, now that I think of it, why bother with a bullet you can enjoy more while shooting at a target.  Give me an ice pick so I can Pith him and watch his feet kick while I sever his brain from his spinal cord and let me dance around in front of his clouding over eyes.  Or. gimme a short length of rope and I'll hooist him up just off the ground so one of his toes might touch, but not enough to help.  Helter skelter - hell, gimme a blowtorch and I'll show ya helter skelter.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 02:12:35 AM »
Yup.  Ol' Charlie did seem to keep those loons that followed him in some kind of trance. However, I would bet this was the result of copious amounts of Columbian pot and blotter acid, rather than any charisma he had.
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 03:00:28 AM »
I agree with Mikey a lot and hate to give Manson any kind of press at all, Even here.

There was however, a question about one of his safe houses. It was high on a mountain/hill that had a steep, winding trail that had many large boulders in the way.
The authorities were astound to find a school bus up there!...the followers told them that Manson flew it up there!
I think that this is one question that was never answered?

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 03:14:26 AM »
Cowpox has it right.  Manson and his followers are the perfect "poster boys and girls" for why drugs can not and should not ever be liberalized.
Swingem

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 03:27:28 AM »
Manson is another one of those people that need NO MORE PUBLICITY of any kind.
The more publicity he gets the more money is spent on studying him, and more young people will
think he is cool. He is undobtedly the scum of the earth, some people go beyond discription
and need to just be kill and that is all.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 05:10:54 AM »
Dale my harse words were not directed at you or anyone here.
I can see some kids running around with manson t-shirts talking about what a hero he is, just like castros executioner.
It really upsets me when think of people that want to make heros out of scum.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 09:47:40 AM »
Dale my harse words were not directed at you or anyone here.
I can see some kids running around with manson t-shirts talking about what a hero he is, just like castros executioner.
It really upsets me when think of people that want to make heros out of scum.
The shirts you are probably seeing are a Punk rock star guy named Marelin Manson. Though not much better he is a freakish Bisexual guy that really is a wierdo. Dale

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
My BS meeter just went off again. The Beatles song Helter Skelter is about an amusement park ride.  It has nothing to do with Manson or anything "falling apart".   http://www.songfacts.com/songimage.php?id=169
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 03:48:32 AM »
I think there may be a current dig going on for bodies buried around the old Manson compound.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
TM7 - Perhaps I misunderstood your original post.  It sounded to me like you were stating that the song was about the Manson murders.  McCartney wrote the song and recorded it before Manson did his thing ergo the song lyrics could not be about the Manson murders.  I stand by my original statement, the song is referring to an amusement park ride.

By the way, It has also been purported that Manson made the statement that his neighbor's dog told him to commit the murders.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
TM7 - Perhaps I misunderstood your original post.  It sounded to me like you were stating that the song was about the Manson murders.  McCartney wrote the song and recorded it before Manson did his thing ergo the song lyrics could not be about the Manson murders.  I stand by my original statement, the song is referring to an amusement park ride.

By the way, It has also been purported that Manson made the statement that his neighbor's dog told him to commit the murders.
I have to say that is funny in a crazy sort of way. Dale

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
Scientist just discovered new potential graves out at the Manson Compound.  He was a sick sick man.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »
One of the Manson bunch was Tex Watson.  Watson had been raised in Dallas.  When CA indicted the Manson bunch:   The governor of TX refused to extradite Manson to California for trial.  The FBI charged Watson with a federal crime that took place in CA and took custody of him.  Once in CA, Tex was meat for the state prosecutor. 

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »
Manson is a mad dog, and as such, should have been shot out of hand. No purpose is served by his continued incarceration. Where there is guilt beyond a shadow of doubt, the path from conviction to execution should be as short as possible. A society that cannot cleanse itself of such diseased members is a society that will fail.