Author Topic: Manlicher Forearm-BVPawn-Beware  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Manlicher Forearm-BVPawn-Beware
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:13:11 AM »
While browsing gunbroker, a while back, I saw this 17HMR advertised.  I sent an inquiry to the seller about the manlicher forearm that it is wearing.

One thing led to another and I got my hands on an "unfinished" manlicher forearm.  Here is where it came from.
BV Pawn in Berryville, AR.  Clint Jackson

Here are pictures of the forearm and a couple of pics on some of his work with a Pardner 12ga.  I was not aware, until I posted this info, that some of you had done business with Clint Jackson on ebay.  I guess my "to good to be true" deal is just that.  It seems he is not that reputable or reliable.  Read the following post in this thread and you will learn more.  I am leaving the pics on here to give you and idea of why I was so excited about this, in the beginning.

cookiemann

NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Manlicher Forearm
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:31:01 AM »
sweet looking forearm Cookie. Did it come with a plastic forearm spacer or just the wood? It does look like walnut and I am interested in one for my shorty 18.5" barrel....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 07:40:02 AM »
All I got was the wood.  It is walnut and has no spacer and the forearm screw hole is not drilled.  It looks narrow on the spacer end, I haven't checked to see how a spacer lines up.  Will let you know when I get time to check it out better.

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:27:46 AM »
Be careful.  He may come off as a "heck of a nice guy", but he gave several of us lots of problems when he was selling the thumbhole stocks on ebay.  Some of them were apparently in great shape.  Mine on the other hand was a piece of junk.  There was lots of discussion about it at the time. 

Might work fine, just be careful.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:46:47 AM »
As Josh said, be careful with BV Pawn, there are several members here that had a very bad experience with "Clint", from misrepresented products to very slow shipping, I won't do business with him again and I was one of the lucky ones to get a nice stock, those that bought some of the first H&R stocks got lucky, seems those that bought later were the ones that got burned, like he sold a few good one to get everyone interested, then let the bad stuff go. :-\

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,120567.msg1098418704.html#msg1098418704
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »
I didn't read through the whole thread that you posted the link on, Tim, but I have seen enough.
Please delete this whole thread.  I will not be doing business with Clint Jackson and BVPawn. 

I thought it was odd to take 10 days for a piece of wood.  I have received firearms in less time from further away.

I never thought to check the bad trader forum because my contacts with BV Pawn were not connected with this site.  Maybe we should broaden how we use that part of this site and post about traders that are un-reputable/un-reliable after it has been verified as in the case of BV Pawn.

I knew this was too good to be true...He sent me the forearm FREE.  "Try it out, if you like it, tell your friends and tell them where you got it"  Guess he saw me coming. >:(

My apologies to all!  I was unaware of all the problems that were out there with this guy.  I will have to be more careful in the future.

Rich
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 01:14:46 PM »
I'd rather not delete it, it should be left for others as a heads up. You might want to edit your original post to reflect your second thoughts tho.  ;)

Tim

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Re: Manlicher Forearm-BVPawn-Beware
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 01:31:39 PM »
Good idea, Tim.  I edited the subject line and the post.  I am gonna check out the forearm he sent me, if the specs on it are good, I may have to check out getting it reproduced locally.  I know a couple guys with ShopSmiths that might really sink their teeth into a project like that.  I will keep you all posted if anything develops from this.  Thanks for pullin' my butt out of fire. ;)

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline fanner50

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »
Just a word to all. The ones I have used and posted pics here were from Gunstocks Inc. They are reputable and furnish you with a great product. You have to call them for the full mann as it isn't in their catalog or on their web site. They will do them in walnut or lam. - F50

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 02:31:58 AM »
Cookie

Don't be sorry you brought it up.  In my opinion, there is nothing better than exposing this guy for what he is. 

Now even more members will know who he is than the last time he tried to stick it to us.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 02:52:24 AM »
The harsh reality of life is that there are some folks who have no desire to earn an honest living. They would rather steal from others than to deal honestly and fairly and turn an honest profit. They want the faster but less honest profit to be made by cheating and stealing. Sadly in these PC times we live in those folks can't be dealt with in the manner they once could to permanently end their dishonest ways.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 05:21:22 AM »
I thought it was odd to take 10 days for a piece of wood.  I have received firearms in less time from further away.

I knew this was too good to be true...He sent me the forearm FREE.  "Try it out, if you like it, tell your friends and tell them where you got it"  Guess he saw me coming. >:(

My apologies to all!  I was unaware of all the problems that were out there with this guy.  I will have to be more careful in the future.

Rich
I guess I don't understand your beef with this deal. You had to wait 10 days? Well yes, I've had stuff delivered in less time but I've also had to wait six weeks for a stock blank and about the same to get a barrel from H&R, so what?
 And he sent it FREE! What are you out? I don't understand why you are so disappointed!  Please explain.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 06:53:13 AM »
I guess I'm a little confused to , Although I am well aware of BV Pawn from the rip off's on the stocks . Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 07:17:27 AM »
tell me did anyone ever actually get ripped off by this companyperson and not get a stock they ordered or were they just dissatisfied with the quality of the "seconds" he was selling? I don't recall anyone not getting a stock from him that they had paid for only some talk of them being unsatisfied with the quality. I like to looks of the stock Cookieman got and would like to have one, or even a couple. So to help me out what type of scam does this guy pull? Facts and frst hand reports only please....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »
The camo lam t hole I got from him was fine but there were a bunch of guys that werent happy at all with the product. I consider myself lucky. Its holding up to my whelen
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »
That is similar to what I recall about the discussion of him in the past, there were those that were satisfied and got a good product and those that seemed to get a second rate product and were not satisfied with the quality. I may be wrong but I seem to recall everyone that bought something from him received the product....<><....:)

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »
tell me did anyone ever actually get ripped off by this companyperson and not get a stock they ordered or were they just dissatisfied with the quality of the "seconds" he was selling? I don't recall anyone not getting a stock from him that they had paid for only some talk of them being unsatisfied with the quality. I like to looks of the stock Cookieman got and would like to have one, or even a couple. So to help me out what type of scam does this guy pull? Facts and frst hand reports only please....<><....:)

I don't know what your definition of "ripped off" is, but mine is when you don't get what was represented "for sale". Clint Jackson (Berryville Pawn) is a dishonest, thieving crook! Period. He did exactly what Tim said...sold a couple decent stocks and sent them out right away...that gave these people time to reply about how nice they were here...then he listed a boat load more of them on Flea Bay...I even called and talked to the jerk on the phone to make sure of what I would be getting...I was assured that they were nice and completely finished stocks as they were listed...I ordered and sent a Money Order (6-23-07) immediately...he received the Money Order in a few days and told me the stocks were shipped...after several days, no stocks...called back and he lied again saying they were again already shipped...after another call he finally sent them (7-6-07) 14 day after ordering parcel post...of course they took several more days to arrive...but by him holding them he had more time to sell the other obviously defective (seconds) and incomplete (no fitted recoil pad) stocks before the red flags started showing up.

My stocks were both defective, one had a void in the laminate, the other had an unfitted Marlin pad that had about 1/4" protruding all around and one screw holding it to the stock. The holes didn't even line up. I called and asked him what he was trying to pull. He wanted me to sent them back at my expense, but after being lied to 3 times previously, there was no way I was going to send him the stocks to "rip off" another one of you guys. I didn't trust him to return my money at that point and just took my lumps. This was a $165 lesson for me, and I figured that I would spare someone else the same fate. I know he would have re-listed them and "ripped off" someone else, and I am certain I would have never seen my money either.

If anyone from this point on orders from them, gets "RIPPED OFF", you are getting what you deserve after all the warnings. Is that first hand enough?
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »
Busta, I do understand why your are upset, it certainly sounds like you got burned. But I still don't see where Cookiemann is coming from. By his post it sounds like he is not out a penny, what's the beef?
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 11:36:27 AM »
Here's my beef.
He portrayed himself to be honest and a square dealer.  That was not the case, when I told him of GBO, he acted as if he had never heard of us.  I know, after the fact, that was not the case.  He knew from our conversation on the phone that I had no knowledge of all the crap he pulled on some of you.

He had no guilt at all about using my good name to hawk his shady deals.  That's my beef...

No, I didn't loose any money.  Money I can earn more of...my good name takes longer to get back after its been associated with crooked and shady deals.  Those of you who have dealt on trades with me, know what I am about and I have received no negative feedback from anyone.  The newcomers to the site don't know a thing about me.  I may want to do business with them sometime down the line and don't want to be know as a guy that does business with crooks and shysters.

Pridefull, maybe, but my name and reputation lasts when the money and the tradin' is all done.

Rich
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline krod47nw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (250)
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
Well Said !!
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
Very well said, Rich and Busta!

Tim

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 12:55:10 PM »
Busta did you file a complaint with ebay ? I know the only time I have had a problem on there and I have not been back since they quit selling gun parts .I bought a ML that a guy misrepresented I told them I wanted my money back they froze his account til all was resolved took about 3 weeks but I got my money back. And screwed up his selling for a while. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »
Rich and others (posts and PM's) thanks for the insight and information. Rich's forearm looks good and it sounded good but with this new info I will not be dealing with BV Pawn. And Rich, thanks for your honesty and willingness to share openly with us....your name and reputation is still right up on top where it always has been buddy....<><....:)

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »
Thank you, all.  I appreciate it.  Its nice to have such an understanding family, here at GBO.

Rich
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 04:31:50 AM »
Wow, if only our society as a whole thought your word and your good name was so important.  Well said cookie.

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 04:39:27 AM »
So then, I assume you have returned the forend to him?  Maybe he was indeed trying to use you as a point man to run a scam, but you can't know that, it is just your opinion that maybe he was. Just because he ripped someone off at one time doesn't mean he always does so and in this one instance I don't see how he could have done better by you. If someone rips you off by all means point the finger but I'd not bad mouth anyone who has done me no wrong just because I question his motives in giving me a deal. I tend to think folks are about as trusting as they are trustworthy. If I were to always assume the worst about people who have done me no harm that would reflect more on my thinking than on theirs.
  Sorry, I don't mean to get on my soapbox, but it just seems to me that we are raking a fellow over the coals for something he may have been thinking but hasn't yet done and that hardly seems fair or reasonable.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »
So then, I assume you have returned the forend to him?  Maybe he was indeed trying to use you as a point man to run a scam, but you can't know that, it is just your opinion that maybe he was. Just because he ripped someone off at one time doesn't mean he always does so and in this one instance I don't see how he could have done better by you. If someone rips you off by all means point the finger but I'd not bad mouth anyone who has done me no wrong just because I question his motives in giving me a deal. I tend to think folks are about as trusting as they are trustworthy. If I were to always assume the worst about people who have done me no harm that would reflect more on my thinking than on theirs.
  Sorry, I don't mean to get on my soapbox, but it just seems to me that we are raking a fellow over the coals for something he may have been thinking but hasn't yet done and that hardly seems fair or reasonable.

coyotejoe,

A bank-robber doesn't necessarily rob a bank every day, but does that make him any less guilty on his day off? This guy (Clint) is a CROOK, trust me, I have talked to him on the phone several times, he lied every time!

Cookimann,

You don't have anything to be ashamed of, he sure fooled me too. Clint isn't even his real first name, I think it is his nickname or codename for his dirty internet dealings. I would have to check back through my records for his real name, I am pretty sure I know what it is but just wanted you to be aware. They lied to me so many times, I don't actually know what to believe, but that is what one of the guys that work at BVPawn told me.

PHATINJUN,

I had only registered with flea-bay just to buy these stocks. I started the complaint with e-bay, but wanted to alert the guys on this site on his business dealings. I didn't want to give him another 3 weeks or a month or two to continue ripping off my H&R/NEF friends here. After being lied to every time I talked to these guys on the phone, I decided to just take my lumps and wave the red flag at that moment instead of waiting to write my feedback. By going through the process there was still no guarantee that the outcome would be any different. I would have had to wait until all the hoops were jumped through before I could expose (give feedback) these crooks for what they are.I never liked e-bay because of the anti mentality, I have never bought anything else there, nor will I. I haven't been to e-bay since, but you may be able to find their feedback to see the other guys responses that were ripped off at the same time I was. You will need to look under bvpawn, around July 2007. Up to that point they had very good feedback, I think they buy a few nice stocks to set the hook, then start dumping the defective ones. Flea-bay deserves guys like him! I am sorry to hear that he is on Gunbroker now.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »
coyotejoe,
"Clint" made his intentions quite clear, in our phone conversation.  He asked how many I might be interested in and quoted me a price.  I was quite clear on the fact that I was unable to purchase a forearm from him, at this time. "I will send you one... Finish it and fit it to your gun.  If you like it, show it off, tell your friends and tell them where you got it."  I, again, stated that I could not afford to purchase one at this time.  "Don't worry about that, if you like it just show your friends and tell them how to get one." 

Yes, he had intent and I was to be his point man.  The fact that this man did not earn my trust is in no way a reflection of my trustworthiness.

Rich
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
Rich ,IMHO, as they say in the south  "ya done good" and your rep here is based on how you treat us and it is solid.   Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 03:32:06 AM »
coyotejoe

I gotta agree with busta on this one.  A crook is a crook and always will be.  He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.  I had my run in with this fella too.  he will steal anything you offer him. 

We all know the truth and if you will listen, you will hear the truth about his fella too.   If one person has a bad deal with an individual, fine maybe it was a true mistake or something else.  When an entire group of people doing seperate deals have problems, that doesn't speak for the person's actions, it speaks for their character.  Character won't change on the next deal.