Author Topic: Ruger P95  (Read 852 times)

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
Ruger P95
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:14:30 PM »
Hello does anyone here own a Ruger P95 or have you owned one? I am interested in one and would like some feedback on them. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline cheezehead

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ruger P95
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
i had one last yr. it shot good, very reliable, but just didn't care for it after awhile. it was bulky, and heavy. trigger was ok. i just bought a sigma in 40cal for $280 after rebate. trigger sucks, but i like everything else about the gun. lighter, slimmer, and carries better in my holsters. compare the ruger with others, and go with your gut feeling and you'll be fine.

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »
I have one that I have owned since they were first introduced. It is the decock only version, traditional double action. I don't shoot thousands of rounds, but it has never had a failure of any kind since day one. It is reasonably accurate (shoots better than I do) and is easily taken down and re-assembled since it has no link to line up. Mine was purchased during the ban on high capacity magazines so came with 10 rounders. I have 15 round after markets for it and it has never failed with these either. I have never considered getting rid of it. I haven't tried to pick the best ammo for it because it shoots anything I put in it and I don't require tiny groups from my pistols. Great pistol.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »
absolutely loved mine, i shot the best groups at 25 yards with a handgun i have ever shot...right at 2"

wish I hadn't sold it, but everyone on this site understands the "gotta have a different one" urge.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 04:33:57 PM »
I had it for a couple of years-it was ultra reliable, never jammed. It was however too bulky and I traded it in for a Beretta px4. If, it fits your hand and you are not looking for a concealable pistol then I'd go for it.

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 03:58:42 PM »
I have a p89 in 9mm, really similar to the p-95, and I really like it.  Great gun, shoots well, very reliable, right on target.  Built like a tank.  Like above said, they are a little on the large side, but that all depends on your hand. 
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »
I have the P95 and have fired over 6000 rounds thru it. From lead cast reloads to FMJ, HP's.   It has never failed to chamber and fire.  Accuracy with some of my test cast lead bullets only gave me 4.5" group at 25 yards.   With jacketed bullets, it would always group in the 2-3" group at 25 yards.   The thing I really like about this P95 is I can chamber, jacketed reloads, cast reloads and factory +P loads and it keeps on rattling them out.   Even though  a bit large for a good CCW gun, it is what I carry and have had no problems with a vest holster and loose shirt in hiding it.

Offline kebs

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 05:28:15 AM »
I had one for 2 years before I sold it.  It was build well and felt solid.  It was just not right for me because the grip was too bulky after I put a slip-on on it.  I never could hit anything with it. 

Offline plottrunner

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »
I had one for about 6 mths... put 4 to 5 hundred rounds through it and never could take a likeing to it. Thought it was bulky and cheap built...Sold it and bought a beretta b-92fs it cost 3 times as much but its well worth it due to the feel..............