Author Topic: Hillary Wants Delegates to Flip  (Read 476 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Hillary Wants Delegates to Flip
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:26:04 AM »
 http://newsmax.com/insidecover/Hillary_Delegates_flip/2008/03/25/82941.html

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 2:51 PM

By: Newsmax Staff   

In a move that might be seen as desperate, Hillary Clinton has suggested that delegates pledged to Barack Obama due to primary and caucus results are free to “flip” and vote for her instead.

During a meeting with the editorial board of the Philadelphia Daily News on Monday, Hillary was asked what she would do if Obama continues to hold the lead in pledged delegates.

He currently has edge of 1,413 pledged delegates to Clinton’s 1,242, according to the latest CNN count.

“I just don’t think this is over yet, and I don’t think that it is smart for us to take a position that might disadvantage us in November,” she said.

“And also remember that pledged delegates in most states are not pledged. You know, there is no requirement that anybody vote for anybody. They’re just like superdelegates.”

Two weeks ago Clinton made a similar statement, telling Newsweek magazine: “Even elected and caucus delegates are not required to stay with whomever they are pledged to.”

Hillary’s senior adviser Harold Ickes defended Hillary’s Monday remarks in a conference call with reporters.

“I think what Mrs. Clinton was trying to make clear was that no delegate is required by party rules to vote for the candidate for which they're pledged,” said Ickes.

“I mean obviously circumstances can change, and people's minds can change about the viability of a particular candidate and that's permitted now under our rules ever since the 1980 convention.”

Ickes added that while the rules allowed a campaign to petition pledged delegates to “flip,” the Clinton camp had not sought to do so.

But Jake Tapper of ABC News noted: “This notion that the Clinton campaign will try to flip pledged delegates has been floated and knocked down before, but I'm failing to arrive at any other interpretation for what she means here other than: We will convince pledged delegates to vote for us, as is perfectly within Democratic Party rules, despite the voters who elected them to support Obama.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline toysoldier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Hillary Wants Delegates to Flip
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »
Seems to me this is an excellent example of what psychologists call "projection"---seeing in others what is really in one's self. Ms. Clinton has shown that she can be very "flexible" on many issues, and obviously can't understand why others would not act in a similar manner. It is inconceivable to her that anyone would consider following rules or principles. It also seems that she feels she is "owed" the presidency. Hardly the person I want to see following our current self-declared emperor into that office.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:45:34 PM »
not all of them can flip ,only obamas, just ask her.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 04:37:10 AM »
Does anyone think that Osama Obamination will make it through this thing in one piece?  I think he's a dead man walking.  John McLame had better be watching his back, too. 

The Clintons might be a lot of things, but one thing they are not is good losers.
Swingem

Offline wgr

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 04:58:30 AM »
the Clinton's have no idea what it means to lose. she thinks we should bow to her. and guys and gals be sure she will do are say anything to win no matter the cost to the little guy
never to much gun

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:35:08 AM »
As much as I dislike Hillary, I dislike Obama even more.  I am fearful of where this country will go if either are elected, but more fearful of Obama.  McCain is not much better, but I think he is heads and shoulders above the other two.  Maybe someone should invite both of them for a motorcade ride through Dallas................

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »
Bill clinton signed a piece of feel good legislation call "the assault weapons ban" and it cost the dems power for 12 years maybe the clintons learned something there, better bet than obama.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten