Author Topic: Question on .44 Magnum barrel  (Read 366 times)

Offline cptdco

• Trade Count: (0)
Question on .44 Magnum barrel
« on: March 28, 2008, 04:49:45 AM »
Hello: I'm a long-time S&W and Marlin shooter and accumulator but I recently picked up a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 and have enjoyed taking that to the range with my .357 Marlin.  Last week I bought the 50th Anniversary Blackhawk in .44 magnum.  I have a Buffalo Classic in 45/70 and I have seen the pictures of the BC in .45 Colt.  I'd really like to duplicate that look in .44 magnum.  If I send the BC back to H&R for a 44 accessory barrel, I wonder what type of sights are on it, and if a buckhorn sight can be fitted or if I'd have to have it dovetailed to accept one.  If someone who has a 44 barrel and / or the 45 Colt BC could comment, I'd appreciate it.  Also: in that this would be my first accessary barel, does the BC forearm give a good fit?  Thanks, Dennis

Offline foo

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Question on .44 Magnum barrel
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 05:45:05 AM »
Hi there I've got both barrels 44 mag and 45 LC, the 45 LC barrel is a lighter barrel not as big a diameter at the muzzle as the 44 Mag barrel, the carbine forearm will fit both, if you go this route make sure you order the Carbine BC forearm. The sights on the 45 LC are both dovetailed, and the 44 Mag uses the screw attachment method. Hope this helps.