Author Topic: Important Information  (Read 413 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Important Information
« on: March 29, 2008, 03:43:15 AM »
Everyone,

I just wanted to make you aware of a bunch of "sick puppies" that operate in almost every city so you can take action when the need arises.

Yesterday, a funeral was held for a friend's 19 year old son.  While family and friends were at the funeral someone broke into his house and stole thousands of dollars worth of property, even going into the dead son's room and taking his computer, TV, gun, and clothes.

According to the officer that investigated the break-in, and also from the Funeral Director, this is not uncommon.  It seems that the thief (s) watch the obituaries and try to take advantage of the opportunity while the family is occupied with the services.

Let this serve as a warning, and when possible find someone that is willing to stay at the home while the rest are at the funeral.  This may prevent a property loss while you are burying your friend or loved one.

Offline magooch

Re: Important Information
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:16:30 AM »
Shoot, I'd volunteer for that job any time over going to a funeral.  My preference would be to stand guard inside the house with a shotgun.  Maybe some more business could be sent to the funeral home.
Swingem

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 08:20:57 AM »
Right after I graduated from college, one of my college girlfriends got married and they had to hire a security guard, because criminals were doing the same thing with weddings.  Same old, same old, sad to say.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 06:45:46 AM »
If this is a common occurrance, it seems that the F/H or Wedding Consultant should provide security at the homes as a service. 

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:23:09 AM »
Last night I learned that one of the kids involved in the break in has been caught.  He had several items that were taken from the house in the vehicle with him.  He also had a considerable quantity of drugs.  The 18 year old was driving a 80K Lexus, evidently his father is wealthy and bought the car for him.  They suspect the kid was doing the break ins for a kick, and have linked him to several others.

They said when the kid was stopped his father was called to come and get the car, but further investigation revealed the drugs so the car was confiscated by the state.  The father was so pissed he may have killed the kid himself had he been allowed access to him.

Don't you love stories with a Happy Ending..................

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »
well, the only way that story improves is when we find out what the other inmates have in store for the spoiled rich kid who is suddenly going to find himself in a bad position.   :o ;D