Author Topic: Hammers scopes  (Read 1371 times)

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
Hammers scopes
« on: March 29, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »
Wow! I was at a gun show  today! Need I say anymore! There was a guy that had 8 tables of scopes! He had the lower dollar one out where you could look at them and the higher dollar ones!(burris and Leupold ect) under glass! He was a big seller of ncstar and  hammer scopes and low dollar simmons and bushnell! Nothing lower than $50 but on up! One guy said have a look at a Hammer scope! there really good! The optic looked nice and clear! But the box it sat in looked real generic!Like it didn't say made in china it had a little gold sticker that said it under it! Yes most lower end scopes are made in china but I hope Quality control is better for the older brand name scope! Just can't get myself to buy those off in left field scopes! Anyone have any luck with a hammer scope! Maybe there better than the box makes them out! I will keep an open mind! One more thing he had a minimum of 5 to 10 people looking at his tables all day long! I think he sold a few lower end scopes !

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hammers scopes
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 02:05:14 AM »
When I first got serious about shooting centerfire rifle I had already tried the cheaper scopes and now I can say been there and done that but looked silly in the T-shirt, kinda like some of the other stupid stuff I did when I was a kid.  The lowest price scopes I would even consider now are the Nikon Prostaff.  BTW, if it is called a hammer it is probably more suited to driving nails with.

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
Re: Hammers scopes
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »
There are a couple of them on Ebay! So you can see what I'm talking about!