Author Topic: 6 Signs the U.S. May Be Headed for War in Iran  (Read 7839 times)

Offline kevthebassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 6 Signs the U.S. May Be Headed for War in Iran
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »
kev. What I really hate is seeing millions of people going to hell because they've been lied to all their lives and would rather be in a cult praising their rapist, child molester, murderer mohamed, than Jesus Christ. Their mohamed was a false prophet, and islam is a false religion. You seem to support a cult that teaches their children hatred and death from birth. A cult that is obsessed with death and world domination. They fire rockets from the roofs of peoples homes, then whine when Israel hits them. They intentionally hide behind civilians, hoping for dead bodies so they can get you, tm, and the dumcraps to whine about that mean ol Israel fighting back and killing innocents. There are no innocents there. They are all to blame. The men will lie to you then kill you, the women will  breed more just like them, and the children have been so far indoctrinated in hatred and death that they could never survive in any kind of a civilized society. The devil used mohamed to do his work. The goal of islam is the same today as it was with mohamed. World domination, and the death or subjugation of ALL non muslims, men, women, and children. Whether they are all jihadists doesn't matter, they all study from the same satans handbook, the koran. The Bible says that God will bless those who bless Israel. I read where the Godless ones have 40,000 rockets pointed at Israel, many are long ranged ones. These rockets have been aquired since their last peace agreement when the Godless ones agreed to disarm and behave, more muslim lies. The Godless ones don't want peace, they never have, they live only to kill, even their own. Call islam a religion if you want, but it's a Godless cult, a cancer, a boil on the butt of the entire world. Name a country that the Godless ones aren't murdering innocents, besides China, cause the chinese would squash em like a bug. How many countries is Israel murdering innocents??? NONE. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Paragraphs and sentences are your friend Billy, it hurts my head to read that.

It boils down to this:  You are a Christian, they are Muslims.  Both of you think that you have sole ownership of God, and believe that the other is going to Hell based purely on a book written by MEN.  Of course none of this is going to sink in....  You are wholly incapable of comprehending that anything America (or more specifically, the Bush administration) has done is wrong.

Kev;
  As Americans, we did spend a couple decades after WW1, sitting here contemplating our navel...while the Nazis and the Empire of Japan built strength in preparation to taking over
  the world..
History disagrees with you on this point.  True we did not make the preparations we should have to meet the threats of Japan and Germany, but we were hardly doing nothing.  We had the most modern fleet of battleships afloat, as well as

The history books say that Pearl Harbor was a total surprise, but they often omit the fact that the US placed a crippling embargo on Japan, banning shipment of oil, steel, and other items.  Regardless, there's not much we could have done to stop the events leading up to WWII, short of sending troops to Germany in 1936 to topple Hitler's fairly elected government.  Considering the state FDR had put our nation in, I don't think that would have been possible.

You talk as if throwing cash at most of problems we face, would solve those problems. Nothing could be further from the truth..we've "been there, done that".
   I can recall LBJ launching his "war on poverty"..the war on poverty was supposed to 1)solve poverty,2) eliminate illegitimacy, 3) get a higher high school graduation rate
   in inner city schools, 4) help people to extricate themselves from public housing, 5) wipe out welfare rolls, 6) promote nuclear families among the poor, and by these
    "advances"..  7) assuage the anger of minorities.

After trillions of $$$ spent, what has it bought us over the last 40 years that it has been in effect ?...

1) More poverty than ever
    2) Today the illegitimacy rate is Caucasian..35%   Black..70+% ( in spite of the millions aborted, starting in 1973)
   3) Surely the dropout rate in inner city schools is at lest equal to if not worse, than 40 years ago.
   4) Help people extricate themselves from public housing..really ?
   5) Ask yourself..are the welfare rolls wiped out..or even holding steady ?
   6) Less nuclear families by far, not just among the poor..but across the board.
   7) Is the anger of all minorities assuaged ? If so, how is it folks like Al, Jesse, Rev. Wright and Louis Farrakhan thrive well enough to live in luxury ?

I don't disagree with you.  Money alone won't solve the problem.  It will take a lot more than money to clean up the royal mess we've allowed our social services to become.  Our current system encourages an entitlement mentality, and once you've got people thinking that their very ability to breathe oxygen means that they deserve a piece of someone else's income, it's very difficult to reverse, especially when those people vote and have politicians who cater to them.

You can throw your hard earned (I assume) tax money in that wasteful direction, but I see it as senseless waste.
Strange, I feel the same way about welfare AND the Iraq war.   :D :D

These problems don't need more money to waste..they need a boost in personal honor, values, dignity, morals, decency and beliefs !  In my humble opinion, there is
   only ONE thing that can do that job..a return to the very roots that made this nation the "shining city on a hill" and the "beacon of freedom and  opportunity" that it
   has historically been. We must return to the Christian guidance and roots that our forefathers  bequeathed to us ! 
I don't disagree with you on this one either.  I think there are other ways besides Christianity, and cite myself, a patriotic non-Christian with an education and a job, as an example.  But if religion is your thing, Christianity can be an excellent positive influence in your life.  I've seen it turn people around.

Fox News
April 22, 2008

Bin Laden's Deputy Says Iran Trying to Undermine Al Qaeda

CAIRO, Egypt —  Al Qaeda's No. 2 leader issued a new audiotape Tuesday accusing Shiite Iran of spreading a conspiracy theory about who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks to discredit the power of the Sunni terrorist network.   ...
One questioner asked about the theory that has circulated in the Middle East and elsewhere that Israel was behind the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. 
Al-Zawahri accused Hezbollah's Al-Manar television of starting the rumor. "The purpose of this lie is clear — (to suggest) that there are no heroes among the Sunnis who can hurt America as no else did in history. Iranian media snapped up this lie and repeated it," he said.

Al Qaeda has previously claimed responsibility for the Sept. 11 attacks   

So much for others belief in conspriracy theories that the US or Israel committed 9/11.   This from the horses mouth.  I wonder if those adamant posters on this site about conspiracy theories will now admit they were in error or will they continue spreading hate, discontent and lies.

I don't claim to speak for anyone but myself, but I personally think that the conspiracy theories surrounding 9-11 are utter clap-trap.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2008, 07:09:17 AM »
kev. What I really hate is seeing millions of people going to hell because they've been lied to all their lives and would rather be in a cult praising their rapist, child molester, murderer mohamed, than Jesus Christ. Their mohamed was a false prophet, and islam is a false religion. You seem to support a cult that teaches their children hatred and death from birth. A cult that is obsessed with death and world domination. They fire rockets from the roofs of peoples homes, then whine when Israel hits them. They intentionally hide behind civilians, hoping for dead bodies so they can get you, tm, and the dumcraps to whine about that mean ol Israel fighting back and killing innocents. There are no innocents there. They are all to blame. The men will lie to you then kill you, the women will  breed more just like them, and the children have been so far indoctrinated in hatred and death that they could never survive in any kind of a civilized society. The devil used mohamed to do his work. The goal of islam is the same today as it was with mohamed. World domination, and the death or subjugation of ALL non muslims, men, women, and children. Whether they are all jihadists doesn't matter, they all study from the same satans handbook, the koran. The Bible says that God will bless those who bless Israel. I read where the Godless ones have 40,000 rockets pointed at Israel, many are long ranged ones. These rockets have been aquired since their last peace agreement when the Godless ones agreed to disarm and behave, more muslim lies. The Godless ones don't want peace, they never have, they live only to kill, even their own. Call islam a religion if you want, but it's a Godless cult, a cancer, a boil on the butt of the entire world. Name a country that the Godless ones aren't murdering innocents, besides China, cause the chinese would squash em like a bug. How many countries is Israel murdering innocents??? NONE. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Paragraphs and sentences are your friend Billy, it hurts my head to read that.

It boils down to this:  You are a Christian, they are Muslims.  Both of you think that you have sole ownership of God, and believe that the other is going to Hell based purely on a book written by MEN.  Of course none of this is going to sink in....  You are wholly incapable of comprehending that anything America (or more specifically, the Bush administration) has done is wrong.

Well said.  I sometimes wish I could save myself the energy and not consider any thought more complex than "my religion - always good" "not my religion - always evil" but it's just not the way the world works.  Then I could spout powerfully ignorant statements as fact and need not consider their validity.  There is some appeal to that.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2008, 07:13:27 PM »
US-Israel ties: first 50 years
1940s 1947 UN partitions Palestine into two states - one for Jews, one for Palestinians.
1948 Mideast states invade; Jewish forces prevail, declaring Israeli independence. More than 725,000 Palestinians flee or are forced out of Jewish-controlled areas.

President Truman recognizes Israel.

1950s
1953 CIA helps Iran's military stage a coup against the democratically elected prime minister, whom the US views as a Communist threat.

1955 Egypt turns to Czechoslovakia for arms, raising US fears of a Soviet foothold in Middle East.

1956 Britain and France, seeking control of the Suez Canal, collude with Israel and attack Egypt.

1957 US announces Eisenhower doctrine, offering military and economic aid to any Middle Eastern nation threatened by communism.

1960s
1962 President Kennedy authorizes sales of Hawk anti-aircraft missiles to Israel.

1966 US sells its first jet bombers to Israel.

1967 Six-Day War. Israel launches strike against Arab neighbors, capturing Jerusalem, the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, and the Golan Heights. It is the last time Israel will fight without US-supplied weapons. UN calls for Israel to withdraw. Israel refuses.

1970s
1972 Members of Palestinian group Black September kill 11 Israeli athletes at Munich Olympics.

1973 Yom Kippur War. Egypt and Syria attack Israel over the Golan Heights and Sinai Peninsula. US airlifts $2.2 billion in emergency aid and weapons, turning tide in Israel's favor. Arab states cut US oil shipments.

1978 Egypt and Israel sign US-brokered Camp David peace treaty. Eighteen Arab states impose an economic boycott on Egypt.

1979 Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini leads Islamic revolution in Iran.

Iranian students storm US Embassy in Tehran, taking 66 Americans hostage for 15 months.

US aid to Israel reaches a peak of 34 percent of total US foreign aid.

1980s
1981 Israel bombs Iraqi nuclear reactor.

Egypt President Anwar Sadat is assassinated by Muslim militants opposed to peace.

1982 Israel invades Lebanon to expel the Palestine Liberation Organization and try to influence Lebanese election.

It creates a buffer zone along its border. More than 600 Lebanese are massacred by Christian militants allowed into refugee camps by Defense Minister Ariel Sharon.

US and other nations send peacekeepers to Lebanon.

1983 A truck bomb explodes in US Marine barracks in Beirut, killing 241 soldiers. US forces withdraw.

1987 Start of the Palestinian intifada in the West Bank.

1990s
1990 Iraq invades Kuwait; links pullout to Israeli withdrawal from occupied areas.

1991 Gulf War. US and coalition lead three-month operation from Saudi Arabia that liberates Kuwait. US troops still stationed in that country.

1993 Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat sign peace declaration.

1994 Jordan and Israel sign peace treaty.

1995 Rabin is assassinated by an Israeli gunman opposed to peace.

2000s
2000 US-brokered negotiations at Camp David between Israel and Palestinians fail.

Prime Minister Sharon visits the Al Aqsa Mosque, a site sacred to both religions, with an armed entourage. This sparks the Palestinian uprising that continues today.

2001 A plan designed by US Sen. George Mitchell, outlining the current framework for Mideast peace, is released.

Members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine assassinate Israeli Tourism Minister Rehavam Zeevi. In retaliation, Israel sends tanks deep into Palestinian towns.

SOURCES: 'The Middle East' (Congressional Quarterly), Federation of American Scientists, Washington Report on Middle East Affairs.

Mabye we should have just minded our own business... just a thought

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2008, 03:32:22 AM »
MATT. YEP. We should have let Israel finish the job, there would be no problem today with any of the Godless ones. You say palestine was divided??? Palestine was Israel, also known as Judea,  til the Romans conquered the Jews and renamed it palestine. Israel took nothing that God didn't already give them. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
  In 1967 and 1973..the REAL God looked out for Israel...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2008, 01:36:49 PM »
  I see the animals are testing us again. One of their little speed boats approached a US Navy ship again. A warning was fired and the boat retreated. We might as well give it the old full launch the next time this happens. With the hate America crowd no matter what we do it will be wrong in their stupid opinion. If we whack their little boat the hate America first crowd (both foreign and domestic) will say we attacked them. If we let em ram an explosives filled boat they will say we knew it was gonna happen and didn't stop it so we could go to war. Who cares what the world or what the anti American, hate America first crowd will say. Lets get it over with before the Muslim menace grows into a terminal cancer on all freedom in the world.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2008, 03:54:07 PM »
BILLY. Agreed Sir. Unfortunately, islam IS a terminal cancer right now. The next boat should be sunk, period. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »
 Billy;
   Doggone it ! There you go using genuine logic again !
  We ugly (read patriotic) Americans are already responsible for global warm _ _ _ er ah "climate change"..The AIDS epidemic, worldwide economic slow down, the
    mid east wars, trade imbalances, African starvation, excess fat in kids and the hostility to foreign invaders _ _ _  er..ah "undocumented workers"..

Now; if they can just find a way to hang the decline of Bengal tigers & Panda bears, the machete killings in Rwanda, the be-headings in the Sudan, piracy in the
    Indian Ocean & China Sea on us..the "hate America first" crowd will be in spasms of ecstasy..

Just how many of these characters do you suppose are genuine, self-flagellating masochists..and how many are simply nut cases ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2008, 03:23:28 AM »
IRONGLOW. YEP, and it's all Bush's fault. POWDERMAN.  :D :D

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2008, 10:14:31 AM »
African starvation

Now this is one that we do have a bit of a hand in, though we always meant well.  We gave them too much cheap or free grain for too long, and they did what people and rabbits do best, which is make more mouths to feed.  Now we're putting corn in our gas tanks and their bellies are getting hungry..... ought to make for some interesting times.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »
   Kev;
   That exactly proves my point; We fed starving people, which naturally results in their being able to reproduce, therefore:
     If we had not fed them, we would have been called "selfish capitalist pigs".. Since we did feed them, now we are called "meddling idiots".

The strange quirk of less powerful nations being envious of the big powers is nothing new. Our colonial  leaders took a special delight in
   irritating "mother England". That is why the "Boston Tea Party", and the "Gaspee Affair" was such fun...
   John Paul Jones, when raiding maritime vessels near England...boasted of "singeing the king's beard".

If our enemies, foreign and domestic (the "hate America" gang) get their wishes, and bring us down from our lofty position of leadership
   in the world....Perhaps then our own "hate America first" crowd will realize just what it is they helped to trash..  Likely, someone will assume
   world leadership that will not be of so benevolent a nature..

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2008, 03:05:31 PM »
There can be a happy medium between letting people starve and giving away free grain for  50 years, just as there can be a happy medium between total isolationism and the "Bush Doctrine" of preemptive warfare.   ;)

Offline powderman

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2008, 03:54:02 AM »
Part of the problem in Africa is the landowners, food producers, are being run off their own land and being replaced by folks that couldn't grow a blade of grass. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »
Part of the problem in Africa is the landowners, food producers, are being run off their own land and being replaced by folks that couldn't grow a blade of grass. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Too true.  They kick white farmers off their land and give it out to the people to gain votes and influence, but then when the black farmers can't grow enough food to sustain them, they scream about it being the fault of the whites.  Dreadful leadership in Africa.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2008, 03:04:40 AM »
  Powderman and Kev are both so correct on the "Africa starving" issue. If you take the real farmer's land away and give it to one of the village domino players, you
  should not expect anywhere near the same production.
  Do it a few thousand times over...and you have the recipe for DISASTER..          ....common sense !

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2008, 03:20:25 AM »
another case of reaping what you sow