Author Topic: Smooth barrel bead sight???  (Read 523 times)

Offline xsilver03x

• Trade Count: (0)
Smooth barrel bead sight???
« on: March 31, 2008, 06:35:34 AM »
I have a Marlin model 200 that has a brass bead up front.  My question is, is it pressed in, what is the best way to remove it, and what is the best replacement?

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Smooth barrel bead sight???
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:58:54 AM »
I should be threaded I griped the base of the bead with needle nose pliers and turned it out it is 3-56 thread
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline buckshooter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:15:33 AM »
Silver

I would leave the bead on and replace it with lazer sights or a scope, All you have to do is put the front lazer sight behind the bead.  It depends on what you want to spend and what you are doing withe your shotgun, and your sport.  If you shot clays all the time and that is thing you do get some lazer sights for about 20.00 dollars or so.  That what I would do.

Hope this helps

Buckshooter 
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »
I did the same as plumberroy.  I replaced mine with TruGlo fiber optic, green.  Really shows up nice, even in low light.  I like em.  Walmart has em for about $5 or so.  They come with 5 different size screws.

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline xsilver03x

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
Thanks guys I think I am going to try the TruGlo.  Hope it works, turkey season comes in in a few days I plan on use'n it a few times.  I wish my 223 would come in that would be a fun turkey gun too.