Author Topic: 45 ACP GLOCK or RUGER P97  (Read 798 times)

Offline lostone1413

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
45 ACP GLOCK or RUGER P97
« on: July 14, 2003, 12:52:35 PM »
I've heard good about both guns but wonder if anyone has shot both could tell me how they compare as far as accuracy I'm wanting one to carry I have always been a Ruger man I have a GP100 now but seems like it has a harder trigger pull then most Is it me or it seem that way to other shooters? How is the 97 compared to the Glock as far as holding up trigger pull etc Thanks Chuck

Offline BoatVet

• Trade Count: (0)
45's
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 11:27:07 AM »
chuck-
         I have shot both the glock 45 and I owned a P97DC model which is DA/SA not DAO like the glock and some of the P97's. I haven't shot the DAO P97 so don't know about it's trigger. I prefer DA/SA auto's myself. As far as accuracy I found the glock to be a little better, but it also had the option of adjustable sights where my P97 were fixed. I actually have a Shooting mag with the two DAO models of both these .45's doing a comparison. Basically they scored very similar in tests. The Glock did do a little better in acuracy and the testers seemed to like the trigger better, but both guns were well liked and found to be good on/off duty weapons. It's really just a matter of preference. I would say get the Ruger, you won't be disapointed. I like the price and the look of the rugers over the glock, but the glocks do have a ton of aftermarket stuff you could add that the Ruger really dosen't.