Author Topic: H&R ultra slug hunter VS Savage 210F slugger  (Read 1471 times)

Offline buckshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H&R ultra slug hunter VS Savage 210F slugger
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »
Hey guys, I am going to buy a new slugger this year, I am stuck one which one to buy. My question is this, can the savage 210F get great patterns at 150 and 200 yards, why because I know from looking around on the H&R forum that the H&R can put at 150 yards 4 inch patterns, and at 200 yards can put 6 inch patterns. 

Please reply

Buckshooter   
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline 6x6 elk

• Avid Poster
Re: H&R ultra slug hunter VS Savage 210F slugger
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
If you look at the new Ithaca website (Ithacagun.com) They have a video of the new Ithaca Deerslayer III shooting a 4" group at 200 yards. I know the price is a lot steeper than the H&R or the Savage, but it looks like this is a real accurate slug gun.

Offline nkhunter

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 04:13:20 AM »
I have great results with the savage 210f out past 200 yards with gold partitian slugs. My buddy has an identical gun/scope(leupold) that shoots platinums out to 175 yards under 3". Check out all the olds posts in here. You'll be able to read my and others accounts regarding savage 210's. I wouldn't sell mine for anything.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:39:16 AM »
I've owned both and they are both great guns.  I never shot either past 100 yards, but I would say the savage 210F is a tad more accurate.  I ended up putting mine on consignment at a local gun store because I don't use my 210F anymore after the state started to allow pistol cartridges in rifles.  You should be able to pick up a used 210F at a great price.  Keep in mind that slug guns don't get shot that much or overworked at the range, too expensive & painful.