Author Topic: Colt signature series  (Read 906 times)

Offline 38-55

• Trade Count: (0)
Colt signature series
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
Looked at a 1860 Army signature series.  Only interested in it as a shooter.  It has been used very little and appears in good shape, $400 range.  Will Uberti parts fit the signature series?

Offline Flint

Re: Colt signature series
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
Most Uberti parts will fit a Signature Series.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline Gatofeo

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
Look that revolver over carefully.
The Colt Signature Series suffered from quality control. Some were good, some were abysmal. I've seen both, in the same models!
If it looks well polished, locks up tight and the bore looks smooth without big machining marks, then it may be a good gun.
May.
Each firearm is an individual and one never knows until you try it from a benchrest at a paper target.
"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44."

Offline buckskin billy

• thebuckrub.proboards91.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »
i have two signature series 1851 navies. mine are great. i had to replace the nipples real quick after i first got them, they didn't hold up long.
 mine are 14 years old and i use to be able to shoot them every day. now work gets in the way. but mine  have held up ok considering the heavy use they have had.
 on both of them the cylinder arbor have loosen up. i got one fixed by kenny howell of r&d gun shop. the other hasn't been fixed as of yet but isn't near as loose as the other and still shoots ok.
 also on one of mine the trigger sear and the notches on the hammer gave way, and were replaced with uberti parts. they fit ok but it isn't as smooth as it was with the colt parts.
 my colts have been used alot. and despite the problems i have had i feel it was just wear and tear from extreme use
face your fear, accept your war, it is what it is
thebuckrub.proboards91.com