Author Topic: AKA CRAIG....read u  (Read 783 times)

Offline THE#1hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
AKA CRAIG....read u
« on: July 15, 2003, 05:16:15 AM »
You said.....Craig[/quote] "I personally dont believe you belong in the woods."Craig[/quote]

Well craig if i had a different gun i would never have used the .222 , i know its a varmit gun...but I diddnt have the money for a new gun, and that .222 was as close as you had to the deer gun, i just got enough money for a new gun, and thats why i had a poll (.270 vs the .308)
to try and help make up my mind...i thought that members of this forum helped, and answered questions for other people...but now i dont know what to think, dont judge me if you dont know me :x   .... Dont tell me if you love hunting as much as i do you wouldnt use a .222 fo whitetails!!! , but then again you probably dont!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
AKA CRAIG....read u
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 05:37:05 AM »
check your original post on 222 for whitetails  on this whole can of worms.  i repeat,   dont get mad at folks for telling you what you needed to be told.   think before you type; your crediblity is on the line.   once you ruin that there is no fixing it.

Offline les hemby

• Contributor
AKA CRAIG....read u
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 06:11:34 AM »
i would very much agree be careful what you say. almost everyone that has hunted long has made a less than perfect shot ( dang animals just wont stay still like target ) just have to be careful how you word it. :eek:  :eek:

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
AKA CRAIG....read u
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 06:31:57 AM »
i take back what i said, now i realize you were just stating an opinion and im sry for blowing up on you...

--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline les hemby

• Contributor
AKA CRAIG....read u
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 06:36:23 AM »
now that all that is out of way did you decide 270 or 308

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
AKA CRAIG....read u
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 06:51:55 AM »
ya, i decided on buying a .270 , still looking though, any suggestions?

Offline High Brass

• Contributor
AKA CRAIG....read u
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 07:30:34 AM »
#1Hunter,

So you decided on a 270 eh?  Good choice.  Many reputable firearm makers(if not all) chamber at least one or more model in the 270.  My suggestion is to pick up and "feel" as many as you can and decide on what you like best.  Heck, its your money :grin:   I see that you are a PA hunter, good for you.  Up there, Remington pumps used to(if not still) reign as king.  Remington still offers they're pump action rifle in two versions(one wood stocked, the other synthetic).  I use a Model 760 in 30-06 an can speak first hand of they're accuracy.    If pumps aren't for you then you're in luck, there's bolt actions galore to be had in the .270 cal. and you'll likely find all are capable of great accuracy out of the box.   Whatever you decide, make sure you really like it and are happy with it.  Let us know what you decide.  Good luck.

Offline AKA Craig

• Avid Poster
hey
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 08:13:32 AM »
hey dont worry about it man, I have a .270 and I love it. I think if you get a good one youll love it to. I am thinking of getting a 30/06 more bullet choices and a bit stronger to.

Craig
Very Proud and Patriotic Texan.

Nothing to fear but fear itself