Author Topic: trigger travel  (Read 1213 times)

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
trigger travel
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:28:25 PM »
  yep my 380 has to much trigger travel... solution for me was to pull the rubber covers off wall peg board hangers..i had to heat the secont one to get it to slip over the first.. some mens fingers would not allow rm for this fix.. but its not the first gun ive done this to .. works fine fore me..trigger still travels but it doesnt crimp your finger after you do this..i have hand trimmers in a cramped position  >:( >:(
 so i probably need help with this more than most ..

Offline doubleaes2

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: trigger travel
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:03:12 PM »
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, as long as your finger fits.  I used a piece of eraser glued onto the back of the trigger for mine.  It works well for me.
A gun is a tool. No better, no worse than any other tool. A hammer, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the person using it.

Offline Bernie1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
  I built my trigger up, on the front edge, with JB weld(epoxy) and even changed the conture a bit because it was pinching my finger. clean it up and coat with magic marker. Kind of crude but it works great.  Bernie

Offline georgeld

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:39:31 PM »
AND I found a new owner for mine because of that.

George
LM: NRA, NAHC, NAFC, NWTF
"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
It's about Control, join the NRA today!!"

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:07:18 AM »
 to bad you had to do that.. the ruger trigger travels too.  i found that by building padding in the grip and covering it with an cheap grip cover. it gave me adequate control of the trigger.. another reason its too bad is ,,as im finding out now an learned skill .. plus when these guns get broke in they will shoot anything ive tried. when i first got mine i just assumed id have to give up some things you want in an auto loader to get that smallll of an pocket pistol with that muck smack .. now its broke in good and its as dependable ans any ive owned .. and anything shoots in it[ without lubrication..] i can t say that about my little
 berretta i loved so much..i think it was the most dependable 22 id ever owned.
 well anyway i hope you got u money out of it.. me an my little .380 jus gonna have to move on now.. :)good luck