Author Topic: GBO is run like a dictatorship!!!!!!!  (Read 1882 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
GBO is run like a dictatorship!!!!!!!
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
GBO is being run as a Dictatorship. I was up till now a moderator. GB runs this site with a iron fist. He does not care have any concern toward his moderators. He will take the word of a member over yours.I have seen this today. The member has told half truths and attacked me in PM'S. GB seems to take to his side of things. Let it be known I did resign. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
Re: GBO is run like a dictatorship!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »
I believe the 2 sides to every story and I don't think any of us know any details of a member and problems with you.
but shooting fire back and forth will not help you nor greybeard or the site.
I just hope what ever the problem is you both can take a break and work things out. every one has bad days etc and say things
that latter wish was never said.
good luck guys and hope things all work out.
Kurt.
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »
it IS a dictatorship. he owns and operates it and assumes all risks and liability that come with it, not to mention pays for everything and spends a ton of his own money and time on it. so if he randomly kicks me out, then i understand and say thanks for the time i got here for free. however i DON'T whine and complain in public and try to make him look bad.

every time i have talked to or had dealings with Bill he has been more than helpful and has been more fair than he really needs to be.

i was going to post in anger, my personal feelings on why this post was here, but i will trim it back to this. there is no reason to drag drama out in the open and try to make people look bad. teen girls do this. do we really want to be like them?

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
Well it is his site. I have had run in with Bill and many others here. But I understand it is HIS site and he is free to do what he wants to here.

That being said it's still the best outdoor site on the web.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »
 :o
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:45:07 PM »
Well said cheesehead ;D
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »
Well it is his site. I have had run in with Bill and many others here. But I understand it is HIS site and he is free to do what he wants to here.

That being said it's still the best outdoor site on the web.
I have to agree there. I am just a little well maybe more than a little upset right not because I feel I have been disrespected. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 06:23:49 PM »
Like MJBGAULT said it is a dictatorship, GB owns and operates it.  Accept it and go on, or don't accept and move on, to another site.  It's free, we can't complain.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:39:32 AM »
Graybeard owns the site so he gets to make the rules. Simple enough.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 07:04:07 AM »
i know you are banned, but i am sure you will check in to see this from somewhere somehow.   guys like you always do.  and for what it is worth, i saw this coming a while back.   

as far as this being a dictartorship,   hogwash.  bill gives us plenty of latitude on any given day.   just because you are having yet another bad day doesnt justify your baloney.  that is a tantrum that a three year old could be proud of.   our actions and the way we treat others define who we are.   that in mind,  other than kindness, advise, goodwill, and friendship; what has g.b. or g.b.o. members done to deserve your actions?    shame on you.   

i was getting tired of your whining and self-defeating attitude anyhow.   following your posts has been like trying to guide a stupid teenager that knows everything already.   you keep it up (and i know you will) and you have a hard road ahead.   

i suggest you get some help.  from this display and previous posts you've made, it is obvious to me and plenty of others here that you need it.  seriously, dude.   your life is in a tail spin and if you dont get help it is only going to get worse.  fix it while you can.   take it for what it is worth; truth be told i dont care one bit about you.     you are a man and you made your choices.  the only thing i worry about is the pain you are causing your family.  they dont deserve it anymore than your g.b.o. family did.  the difference is you cant hurt us like you can them.  grow a pair and fix what you need to fix for their sake,  before you screw up more important things than your reputation here; which you have already ruined. 

d.l.t.d.h.y.i.t.a.o.y.w.o.      (dont let the door....)    ::)

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:08:45 AM »
Lets get back to talking about guns & hunting . Did I tell you guys Ive got a remington 700 35 whelen on the way JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY ;D ;D ;D

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 07:41:33 AM »
I don't know the details of the the problem, but can say I like GBs style and trust him completely. I beleive he holds us all to high standards, and moderators are held to even higher standards as they should be. While I never had a major run in with him and hope to keep it that way, I did mess up a time or two and before he found it I was man enough to pm him myself and explain. He is a good man in my book, and if told to hit the road tomorrow and not return I would still respect him. Take care of the problem, and don't trash the MAN!!
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »
i know you are banned, but i am sure you will check in to see this from somewhere somehow.   guys like you always do.  and for what it is worth, i saw this coming a while back.   

as far as this being a dictartorship,   hogwash.  bill gives us plenty of latitude on any given day.   just because you are having yet another bad day doesnt justify your baloney.  that is a tantrum that a three year old could be proud of.   our actions and the way we treat others define who we are.   that in mind,  other than kindness, advise, goodwill, and friendship; what has g.b. or g.b.o. members done to deserve your actions?    shame on you.   

i was getting tired of your whining and self-defeating attitude anyhow.   following your posts has been like trying to guide a stupid teenager that knows everything already.   you keep it up (and i know you will) and you have a hard road ahead.   

i suggest you get some help.  from this display and previous posts you've made, it is obvious to me and plenty of others here that you need it.  seriously, dude.   your life is in a tail spin and if you dont get help it is only going to get worse.  fix it while you can.   take it for what it is worth; truth be told i dont care one bit about you.     you are a man and you made your choices.  the only thing i worry about is the pain you are causing your family.  they dont deserve it anymore than your g.b.o. family did.  the difference is you cant hurt us like you can them.  grow a pair and fix what you need to fix for their sake,  before you screw up more important things than your reputation here; which you have already ruined. 

d.l.t.d.h.y.i.t.a.o.y.w.o.      (dont let the door....)    ::)

Well said.  His issues go way beyond internet authority problems. 

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 08:46:25 AM »
Graybeard has built a wonderful site for us.
Every single rule he has implemented was from a bad experience.
I for one would rather get kicked of the site than watch it get ruined because he got soft.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
I can't think of an outdoor site this large with the different info available.
Yes it is a dictatorship and well it should be, how many of us want to try and run this, it is much
better left to the dictator.
Dale you have been told repeatedly that you were get more flaky as time went on.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »
I feel Bill has been very generous in the latitude he has allowed Dale.  He recognized that Dale was having difficulty and took it into consideration.  A less caring person would have taken action months back.  I am sure that having to take any negative action is not pleasant, but a necessary task.

I have seen others go from the site in a more gracious manner.  Dale’s funny faces will live in memory, the post that he made that contributed to a subject are now lost in a shower of funny faces. 

Spring has sprung in many parts of the country and we can get back to outdoor activities or those hobbies, which support them.

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »
Best dictatorship I have ever been associated with.  Thanks for keeping up the integrity here supreme ruler
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »
Dale......that'll teach you to be a moderator......remember.....no good deed ever goes unpunished!

It's Bill's site.....I reckon he can run it as he sees fit........I know I would!

Sorry you got a spanking........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 06:25:03 PM »
I'm not going to go into detail on all the things that got Dale banned as it would serve no useful purpose. He and I might be the only two that know the full story but at least one other knows from having it foisted upon him a large part of the reason. All of you know some of it.

He called me tonight profusely apologetic and asking how he can be allowed to return. Due to what he did my answer should be there is no way as my rules clearly state that what was done in several PMs is an automatic life time ban. But I'm going to break my own rules this ONE TIME for him.

Dale is on a ten day "time out" which is what I had chosen for him prior to the little childish show he put on for all to see last night. At the end of that time he will be reinstated under the conditions he must apologize to me and the GBO membership publicly on the Pot Bellied Stove Forum and that he must act like an adult and show respect for the site and it's membership in the future.

ANY such lack of respect shown in the future will end his membership forever with no more second chances allowed. His actions do not deserve this but I feel he needs the site a lot more than the site needs him and so I'm breaking my own rules to let him back under these conditions to which he has agreed during out phone conversation that interupted my evening meal tonight. I hope and pray he has learned a valuable lesson from this episode and that he will do the things we all and he as well knows is needed.

I've allowed this thread to remain open since in it he took the time to state his opinion and to give others the chance to do likewise. Yes it is definitely run like a dictatorship and always will be. We have some fairly simple rules of common decency that don't seem so difficult to adhere to. If you came into my home you'd sure adhere to them or be kicked out on your butt. This being my Home on the Internet you should and can expect the same treatment you'd get if you visited my home here in Bama. I do believe the rules we have here and the strict enforcement of them is what has made GBO the site it is today and is responsible for the success it enjoys. Quite honestly those who don't agree we don't want here anyway. Those who do mostly share a common thread of decency and actually appreciate not being subjected to what many sites subject members and guests to.

Today is day one of ten for Dale's time out. I will reinstate him on April 17 prior to midnight. He will then have 24 hours to post his public apology to all for the poor behavior he has displayed. I trust all will accept that apology and move forward with no further public hard feelings. I'm sure he has done grave damage to his reputation among you the membership but when he returns and offers his apology I ask that you accept it and let's move on and put this ugly matter behind us.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 11:44:39 PM »
Bill you,re a better man than I

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 12:40:02 AM »
I for one am glad he is going to be coming back.  As Mr Graybeard stated, Dale needs this site.  I truly believe this is the majority of his contact with people outside his home. He has more problems than many know beyond what he shows on here. I know this because he has told me about this.  We need to welcome him back and offer him some genuine camaraderie like I role model.  I truly hope he gets his act together soon before it is too late.
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 04:25:27 AM »
We need this Forum run exactly like it is. G.B. does an wonderful job in my opinion when you let the rules slide all the time before long you don't have any rules. This is G.B.'s site and i for one will do my best to abide by his wishes. It takes a good man to say i have the right to kick you out, but i will
bend the rules one time and let you stay. I do agree that Dales truly needs this site, evidently
he has no one else to talk to. I am not very good when it comes to sympathy but am very glad other people are. I don't have any idea what caused all this, but am very glad G.B. was handling it, and
not me. GOOD JOB G.B.
now lets pee on the fire and call the dogs.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Moss88hunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
GB you run a great dictatorship. I am glad that I can be part of it. Thank you for welcoming myself and everyone else into your home. You have made the best outdoors website on the web. I agree with burntmuch you are a better man than me.

Evan
"It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six!"

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »
GB, well done as befits a Christian gentleman,   Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline jhm

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »
Fellows:  I have been a Member for about as long as anyone and a Moderator for just as long, and believe me Bill has never sent anyone down the creek that didnt have it coming, he has ALWAYS gone over the problem with the offending member before any action was ever taken and if it wasnt corrected by the offending member action was taken period.  Now there are always some with a site like we have here that want to have their OWN agenda and yes we do have a few here now, and they are known vary well, we had a lawyer years ago who got sent down the road because of his attitude and I have always said at least I LIKED the ADVOCATE and hated to see him go but he broke the rules, and he also wrote a great book.  Dale when you get back keep the personel problems off of the site and lets talk hunting, shooting, guns, etc. etc.   and BTW the Tulsa Gunshow was as good as it always is even with one of the parking lots closed down.   JIM

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »
It's Graybeard's house to run as he wishes.  No arguing with that.  The only problems I've ever run into is that he doesn't like to hear "G-D" even if referring to disease carrying insects.  Didn't know I was breaking a rule but got a good talking to (several, actually) about it anyway.  Isn't an issue to me.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »

Myronman,

You are so right about this. Are you clairvoyant? Dale was on live chat last night, logged in as Dalescarpentryplus..

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »
When in difficult times, strengthen your faith.  Don't abuse others because things are not going your way. Accept the fact that you may be wrong and move on.  That is what makes us adults, good friends, and a joy to be around. Greybeard runs an awesome site and he can run it as he sees fit.  I would do the same if it was on my coin.  Just be thankful he allows all of us to kill time here.  When I was down on my luck, I changed my habits.  It's the habits that get you into trouble anyway.  Habits in finances, habits with people, and habits on these computers....Look forward in talking to you when your 10 days are up.....Use this time to think.....

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 03:29:40 AM »
When in difficult times, strengthen your faith.

that is some of the best advice anyone can ever get. 

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 04:16:01 AM »
Bill thanks for the site . You run it just fine most rules are pretty simple Christan values easy to deal with if you believe and have the faith.

We can only do so much for Dale only he can decide when he is tired of being sick and tired of waking up sick and tired. Hopefully you will decide soon that you have found your bottom and work back to the top. Been there done that. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"