Author Topic: McCain's Voting Record on Troops and Veterans  (Read 989 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
McCain's Voting Record on Troops and Veterans
« on: April 08, 2008, 03:39:38 AM »
McCain's Voting Record on Troops and Veterans
Over at The Daily Kos, there's an extensive list of John McCain's voting record when it comes to congressional bills that affect America's troops and veterans.

Included in that list you'll find these gems:

August 2001 -- McCain votes against increasing the amount of cash available for veterans' medical care
March 2004 -- McCain votes against creating a reserve fund for veterans' medical care
March 2006 -- McCain votes against increasing veterans' medical services funding
May 2006 -- McCain votes against additional funding to the VA for health care facilities
September 2007 -- McCain votes against the Webb Amendment, which would have provided for adequate periods of rest between deployments to Iraq
There are many other examples -- I just picked out some of the juiciest.

Note that these are his actual votes. Talk's cheap, and Grampaw can say anything he wants to try to seduce America's veterans into voting for him in November, but it's going to be pretty hard for him to run away from his record.

And this is why Farnsworth always says, "a veteran voting for John McCain is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders."

Posted by Farnsworth68 at 6:59 AM   

Offline magooch

Re: McCain's Voting Record on Troops and Veterans
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:00:53 AM »
Wow, what a revelation; I'll just have to run out and vote for Osama, or the bitch.
Swingem

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 04:02:52 AM »
How did Hillary and Obama vote?
Would you rather we vote for them?

Nobody thinks McCain is perfect.
He is a politician after all.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 04:35:14 AM »
Ms is just telling it like it is, and you want to jump him for bringing out the truth! There is another choice........Don't vote for any of them. Write in Ron Paul, if he isn't on your ballot.In other words! Send the A-H- - - 's a message. Fact is.......there will be little or no diff. when one of them is sworn in.  JMHO!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 04:41:28 AM »
Ms is just telling it like it is, and you want to jump him for bringing out the truth! There is another choice........Don't vote for any of them. Write in Ron Paul, if he isn't on your ballot.In other words! Send the A-H- - - 's a message. Fact is.......there will be little or no diff. when one of them is sworn in.  JMHO!

Now that's what I'm trying to discourage.
You think the Democrate will care about the 5% that wrote in there vote after they win by 2%.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 04:43:39 AM »
I thought him being pow he would be for the veterans. That's a shock I wish this country would spend half trillion on it's veterans then Iraq.

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 05:35:43 AM »
Has anyone looked into what pork was attached to each of those bills?

If the man stands on principal for no pork politics, than you can't blame him for not voting if it was bacon-ized.

Believe you admired Ron Paul for that whole "principals" thing.

for what it worth........

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 06:23:16 AM »
ncsurveyor Beat me to the punch with that statement. If we look into it I'd bet my paycheck on the probability that some A$$ attached some B.S. to the bill that would have taken a bunch of money and sent it to there brother in-law or some trash like that.
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »
 Bills come to the floor with all kinds of porky strings attached. I am a veteran and members of my family are serving now..were I a senator and a bill came up to help veterans
 to the tune of 5 million dollars..but attached to it was a provision allotting $60 million to fund ACLU...I couldn't get to the speaker fast enough to vote against it !

Simply because someone goes back 7 years and "cherry picks" examples to bring up..it means nothing without context..

If anyone thinks McCain is going to turn his back on veterans as quickly as Clinton, the anti-military, ex-hippie...or Obama, member of the G--D--- America Church..they need serious help.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »
Bills come to the floor with all kinds of porky strings attached. .........

Simply because someone goes back 7 years and "cherry picks" examples to bring up..it means nothing without context..

A while ago, Illinois had a child endangerment bill in their state senate.  Their house of representatives also had a bill in the works, so rather than just dump the senate bill, senator Kotowski (a staple of anti-gun showmanship) commandeered the entire bill to become a handgun magazine ban, I believe.  But the title of the bill remained a law regarding child endangerment, until such time that it reached third reading and all amendments were approved (including the title change).

Imagine in the interim, how many politicians were scorned for not supporting the "child endangerment law" in the summaries of the days actions.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 02:53:39 PM »
Exactly ncsurveyor...this kind of activity is part and parcel of a crooked politician. Put something so egregiously wrong in a bill; that they KNOW no self respecting Senator or President would sign it...then claim they "voted against..children, veterans, social security..or name anyone's "sacred cow"

They even have a name for this tactic that is often pulled by liberals..they call it a "poison pill"..meaning it is meant to kill the legislation.
  Many defense budgets have been forestalled by such poison pills as anti-gun-rights provisions.

Liberals always add all kinds of "earmarks" to come out of the defense budget..then whine about the high priced defense budget..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 03:42:49 PM »
Just a fact of life known and accepted by career military "No one loves you if they aint shooting at you" The military gets screwed all the time, low pay, raises put into baq or other allowances were they don't count toward retirement pay, Life time free medical care after they were promised it for 100 yrs and put it in print in ads. "congress knows nothing about this they didn't authorize it" congress  has free lifetime health coverage. If you want social security and medicare straightened out, put congress under them instead of the cushy system they have set up for themself. Sorry for the rant but politicans just pi$$ me off.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 09:18:34 AM »
  One big Neeaah !
   After re-reading MS's post I quickly realized we have "been had"..His info came from the extreme left wing blog called "the Daily Kos"

Reading the "Daily Kos" and assuming it is factual, is tantamount to seeing a Micheal Moore movie..and believing you have seen the truth !
   Similarly, perhaps we should interview Iran's Ahmidinijahd (sp)..to get the "truth" about the Jews !
  The Daily Kos is basically a tool of George Soros, the billionaire that would like to bring the US down..biggest player in the "hate America first" crowd.

The characters on the daily Kos are so far out..they are calling Hillary all kinds of names, because they figure she is way too conservative..
   They are sold out to Sheik Obama ! The blog got so bad, even Hillary's leftist cohorts are boycotting the Daily Kos !
   I guess that tells us something about Barak Hussein Obama that even he is not telling us !

MS; If you are going to use something as slanted and noted for BS as the "Daily Kos" or "The Slate"..forget it..most of us would rather read the "funny papers"...
    you immediately lose credibility by citing them !

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
 ???

Must be some sort of mistake.  I thought the aluminum foil group had already established with geometric precision and unfaultable logic that Soros was supporting McCain???

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
Why are you surprised that a "closet democrat" votes with the democrats???
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 04:49:32 PM »
TM7;
  I clicked onto the website you posted..you know, the one you claimed not to know very well...First off, I cannot fathom why you would use a site that you know little about, as a REFERENCE to PROVE a point.
  Well, I saved you the trouble of later research..you may as well have used "The Daily Kos"..king of the "loonie left" blogs..
   Letr's just look at the first page; they criticize, condemn and excoriate McCain about his votes in the Senate..but not a word against ANY Democrat...should raise a red flag..no ? They take Sen Harry Reid's word as "gospel" while lying themselves, about a McCain statement about staying in Iraq.
  These lying vets..tried their best to make it look like McCain was willing for our troops to be fighting in Iraq for a solid 100 years..nothing could be farther from the truth !
  You and I both have heard the whole question and answer where that was taken from. McCain quickly qualified his statement in the same sentence,saying; mas long as they are not being shot at or being hurt..he also said that he did not expect they would stay near that long.but these "veterans"conveniently omitted that part.
  They should have learned in Sunday school, that whether a lie is one of commission or omission..either one is STILL a lie !
  Besides, as I said before, there are BENEFITS to having forward bases and supply facilities around the world as we do in Japan, Germany and sundry other places..some as small as Ascencion Island.

I took the liberty to look at their "archives"..all complaints against conservatives, our military, our efforts against terrorism...none against liberals, Al Queda, or anti-war mobs.

This blog could have come from Micheal Moore himself..

Let's look at a couple of the complaints listed: Oct 2003, McCain did not vote in favor of a Chris Dodd bill that would have provided $322 million for an armor upgrade for nat Guard equip..Folks, that bill was for $87 billion..the veterans for common sense, didn't have common sense enough to tell us what the other $86 billion plus $678million was to be spent for..or were they conveniently omitting something ?

August 2001..These guys are stupid enough to think that when there is an economic slowdown, the economy would be 'kick-started" if taxes were raised..that is the mentality of these guys...

Fellows, if you did go to the website TM indicated, read their archives..and see if they don't sound like Micheal Moore, Alex Baldwin and Oliver Stone all wrapped up into one...LOL
    If you want tye voting record of each of the candidates, no opinions..just the facts mam...here's the place to check with..just their voting records..

www.ontheissues.org/default htm   this one seems truly unbiased..check it out, especially on the candidates statements concerning our 2nd amendment..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 03:02:31 AM »
ms, I think what you have accomplished with this tread is supporting evidence that we have no candidate WORTH VOTING FOR. Paul, I feel, was an opportunity MISSED! JMO
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline magooch

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 04:11:09 AM »
So what's the point to all of this.  We all know that John McCain wasn't our first choice and maybe not even second, third, fourth, or fifth, but I'll guarandamntee that he gets my vote over whatever the Dumbycrats are offering.  And it's just silly to talk about third and fourth parties.  Like it, or not, either a Dumbycrat, or Repubeican is going to be President--barring some unforeseen calamity--so how, or why McCain voted on some particular piece of legislation is irrelevant and doesn't matter a wit in the not so grand scheme of things.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 03:24:11 PM »
 As far as the "veterans for common sense" is concerned the guys here can look at their archives and see if they are anywhere near "fair & balanced". I submit that they are just another liberal "hate America first" site.

Choices this election..You can have the sniffles, bubonic plague or cancer..but you will get one of them..you can either "take what you get", or opt for the sniffles if you wish..