Author Topic: size difference between Bersa concealed carry versus thunder 380  (Read 742 times)

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Anyone know if the length difference between the CC model and the regular thunder is due to bobbing the horn or is the barrel/slide/frame actually shorter?

Pretty sure the height difference is lower profile sights and losing the finger tab on the mag.

Thanks in advance,

jc

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: size difference between Bersa concealed carry versus thunder 380
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:23:58 AM »
I believe you're right, just reducing the excessive "beavertail" accounts for the length reduction. The magazine also holds one less round and they say other mags will not interchange. They also use thinner grip panels to reduce butt thickness. Slight modifications but the overall effect is probably an improvement. I don't know why they didn't completely eliminate the hammer spur on the CC version.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »
I took some images from the website and, based on scaling them it "appears" that the frame and slide are actually a quarter inch or so shorter in addition to the reduced beavertail.

I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:53:28 AM »
That sounds right, they list the Thunder 380 barrel length as 3 1/2" and the carry model as 3.2", though I can't see that .3" ever making any difference. ;D
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.