Author Topic: Subtle changes...  (Read 574 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Subtle changes...
« on: April 10, 2008, 03:39:35 PM »
   Now that the claims of the "chicken little" boosters of the GLOBAL WARMING are facing increasing pressure from scientists to start telling the truth..and the weather itself is proving them false alarmists..we can observe them changing their "spin" while we watch.
    These days they are sneakily changing their whining from "global warming" to "climate change"..just notice how in press releases etc, they deviously start introducing this latest phrase of "newspeak"..as illustrated in Orwell's 1984..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Subtle changes...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:16:54 PM »
   Now that the claims of the "chicken little" boosters of the GLOBAL WARMING are facing increasing pressure from scientists to start telling the truth..and the weather itself is proving them false alarmists..we can observe them changing their "spin" while we watch.
    These days they are sneakily changing their whining from "global warming" to "climate change"..just notice how in press releases etc, they deviously start introducing this latest phrase of "newspeak"..as illustrated in Orwell's 1984..

This has not gone un-noticed.

I'll try to dig up the exact article, but I read where, in the face of cooling temperatures at oceanic buoys, a "climate change" advocate indicated that it did not refute global warming, it simply meant that we (climate change scientists) were not interpreting the data correctly!

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 04:10:28 AM »
Okay, I was all set for global warming and if it an't coming, I say we find Algore and string him up.  He has no right to play with our hopes and dreams.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 04:09:14 PM »
  Gore is raking in "carbon credits" $$$$ and playing with some rich poeple's guilt and stupidity...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 05:49:44 AM »
I spent 1958 at Sonderstrom AB Greenland, while there we supported a French scientist who was studying the rate the polar ice cap was melting.  Miles out on the ice cap holes were drilled, dynamite charges placed in them, and set off as seismograph equipment took readings.  At that time, (50 years ago) it was predicted that a warming trend was taking place.  In 1958 the southern tip of the polar ice cap was miles closer to Sonderstrom than it is today.  Proof positive that a warming trend is causing the ice cap to melt.  Proof of a warming trend is also evident from flying over the Arctic Sea and noting the deterioration of icebergs, and reduction in size of those still there.

My point,  I can't determine the cause, but we have experienced a warming trend over the past few years.  Many change have resulted, areas that formerly had an abundance of annual rain are now experiencing drought conditions.  Exceptional temperature changes have take place all over the world.  If it is not global warming, then what is causing the changes?

I think one of prudence judgment would consider "global warming", and "climate change" one and the same.  Acres of concrete now stand where just a few years ago great forest grew.  This is true in almost all parts of the world, Could this be the major contributing factor in the warming, and/or climate change?

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 06:25:19 AM »
Well, I think we have been through a warming period. Maybe we are still in one, I don't know. But the warming I am seeing is near the poles and the people screaming about global warming are mostly relying on bad measurements away from the poles.

Rockbilly, you mentioned pavement where trees used to be. That's related to the bad measurements. See, the weather recording stations /used/ to be out in the middle of a lawn or field or some such. Now, people have put in parking lots and put buildings close by the weather recording stations, and of course /those/ readings are higher. They'd be higher even if a weather recording station 50 yards away out in the middle of a lawn said it was colder. The people pushing anthropomorphic global warming did not correct for the building or parking lot causing warmer readings. People are saying they did, but that is false.

So, while the poles are probably getting warmer, Anthro global warming is based on lies. The temperate zone, where most of you live, is not getting that much warmer. If it is at all.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 06:35:09 AM »
  ..And some of those weather stations that were formerly out in fields are now on top of asphalt covered roofs.

This discussion just goes to prove my point...If the "global warming" folks were so cock-sure of their position,
   why would they start morphing over to "climate change"? I think they are doing it simply so they can cash in
   financially and politically, on any change in the weather.
  How many places have you been where people say things like.." You don't like our weather; well just wait a minute !"

Offline 351 power

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 02:29:42 PM »
the global warming is coming from all those ufos and space ships. flying saucers are terrible polluters
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »
Ironglow, I think we really did see some global warming, but the "evidence" the anthro global warming crowd was using was a pack of lies.

Why didn't they tell the truth? I suspect because they just did not care enough about the warming part to find actual evidence.

Just like gun control: It's not about the issue, it's about power.

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 04:41:52 PM »
I don't trust anything anyone says about global warming/climate change.  It's no longer about science, it's about political power.  There might be global warming, there might not be... I don't know.  Too many duplicitous and mendacious people on both sides of the issue to trust anyone.

Regardless of what happens, people will carry on with life.  We will be born, and we will die.  We will make our livings, raise our children, worship God and raise hell.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 04:54:12 PM »
I spent 1958 at Sonderstrom AB Greenland, while there we supported a French scientist who was studying the rate the polar ice cap was melting.  Miles out on the ice cap holes were drilled, dynamite charges placed in them, and set off as seismograph equipment took readings.  At that time, (50 years ago) it was predicted that a warming trend was taking place.  In 1958 the southern tip of the polar ice cap was miles closer to Sonderstrom than it is today.  Proof positive that a warming trend is causing the ice cap to melt.  Proof of a warming trend is also evident from flying over the Arctic Sea and noting the deterioration of icebergs, and reduction in size of those still there.

My point,  I can't determine the cause, but we have experienced a warming trend over the past few years.  Many change have resulted, areas that formerly had an abundance of annual rain are now experiencing drought conditions.  Exceptional temperature changes have take place all over the world.  If it is not global warming, then what is causing the changes?

I think one of prudence judgment would consider "global warming", and "climate change" one and the same.  Acres of concrete now stand where just a few years ago great forest grew.  This is true in almost all parts of the world, Could this be the major contributing factor in the warming, and/or climate change?

In Fox New Today there is an article regarding the so called Global Warming.  The article bebunks many of the so called facts, as tossed around by politicians, including McCain.   Not that the other Demo candidates did not toss them around too, with more fervor and conviction.  In any event, most of the so called facts as presented, are not researched enough, misleading, and generally derived from emotional considerations rather than logic.  Even the global warming advocates, are now calling it climate change due the outspoken opposition to manmade global warming.  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348608,00.html   The reason for the quote here, was the personal perceptions of the writer.  This article is also one of personal perception in the same area.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.