Author Topic: big-bore semi...which brand and model?  (Read 721 times)

Offline Zeus

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
big-bore semi...which brand and model?
« on: July 16, 2003, 09:42:35 AM »
I really like the Glock 20(10mm).  The recoil is not bad at all and follow up shots to me were easier than with my old Glock 23 in 40.  Recoil seems to come more straight back rather than flip the muzzle up.  May be different for other people.  But, I like the Model 21 also (45).  Feel is the same due to the same frame so its really an issue of caliber with these two in a glock.  I use a Springfield loaded stainless 1911 in 45 acp but if you are wanting 10 rounds, this is not what you want probably.  They do make the mags but they will not fit flush on a single stack (ugly).  As far as 45 vs 10mm, the 45 has more components available, easy to reload, and factory bullets can just about be found anywhere.  Also more companies make a gun in that chambering so your choices are probably a little better.  In my opinion, the 45 is hard to beat.  GS

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 03:20:59 PM »
Glock .45 or .40 cal gets my first vote, full size.  The 10mm is nice, and can be used for hunting. :D
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7978/
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 06:00:22 PM »
sig 220 45acp
kimber 45acp
glock  21 45acp shall i go on!

Offline jhm

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 03:38:39 AM »
Cknight98:  If as you stated you would like to play with one for awhile I would look around for a used colt 1911 it has been around alot longer than some of the others and has been a proven performer, and it will add a little history behind the caliber and the gun ALL manufacturers are copying, like the old saying in the auto, industry used to be its just like a cadilac, but it ISNT one. :D   JIM

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Which one
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 03:55:50 AM »
ck:  if you don't want to go with jhm's advice, which is quite sound, get yourself a lightweight Springfield in 45.  As for the 10 round magazine, either Chip McCormick or Shooting Star or Meggar (I think) makes a 8 rounder which gives you 9 with one up the spout and still fits flush.  

Deputy, Zeus and JeffG all gave you solid advice.  I just prefer the plain ol single action autos, but Kimber is sort of the cream of the crop and will cost you and the others, the Sig and the Glocks don't have the types of trigger actions I prefer on a 45.  A good used Colt is better than a new Colt and a Springfield is better than both, IMHO.  Mikey.

Offline Robert

excellent truck gun....CZ-52 and cheap
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 08:25:26 AM »
Only 30 caliber but ammo up to 1700 fps.  Very accurate, and usually about 150 bucks...you can get 3 of them for the price of a 1911, and they have one of the strongest pistol actions available.  Hell get one for each truck.
....make it count