Author Topic: No electricty  (Read 321 times)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
No electricty
« on: April 14, 2008, 06:34:33 AM »
I was one of the chosen people to be without electrical power from 3:am Thursday till
7:pm Friday. all electric house (which i said years ago would never happen) have large water heater,
and well insulated every thing is OK Thur. but Fri. the shower was just down right cold.
The funny was my better half says she would never have made a pioneer woman, i told her the pioneers
could heat their water.
when the elect. came back on i dumped the ice and it started making ice, Sat. i stuck my glass
under the spout and the auger that pushes the ice out would not turn. took it out and could not turn the shaft, better half ask WHATS WRONG i says seems to be froze. She says well just leave it out till later and let it warm up, i tried to explain that i meant different kind of froze, any way i decided to mess with it later, came back in about 2 hours and it turns just like new, GUESS WHAT I HEARD THEN.
I put it back in and it is working perfect, all i can figure is when the ice started melting caused lots of
moisture and the motor or gear froze when the freezer started working again, any way the better half is real proud she figured it out and told me how to fix it. ;D ::)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: No electricty
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 06:49:29 AM »
now you know why you keep her around !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »
Talking about pioneer women I will never forget that day my wife and I left Abilene headed for El Paso.  Somewhere South of Odessa she made a comment, "Just take a look at this, absolutely nothing out here, not even a house."  I heard this same comment several times until I started laughing and told her, "I can just imaging the first settler that came across the plains in a covered wagon with a wife and bunch of kids,I know the poor guy got his butt chewed for days, and I can just hear his old lady,"  "Why, John, why did we leave that nice little town of Memphis, there ain't nothing out here but injuns, snakes, bushes with thorns and rattle snakes, we ain't seen no civilized folks for weeks."

Think about the time it would take from Abilene to El Paso by wagon, and you can imagine how bad he had his butt chewed before completing the trip.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
Yea at about 7-8 miles a day and no fire wood, just grease wood bushes.
That man would be setting on bones by the time they got to El Paso.
My better half is from South Carolina by way of Florida, never been west of Ft. Worth till
about 3 years ago we drove to Santa Fe, NM, i trully wish i had thought to take a recorder with me
by the time went got their i had answered more questions than i knew answers to.
We came back throuh Ft. Sumner NM (wanted to really show her the good side) took her to the
Musem and "BILLY THE KIDS GRAVE"  didn't think would ever get her out of town she quized ever one she saw, it was a real hoot. She started quizing this guy that looked to be 100 years old,
of course he loved it and told her how he and Billy was buds and all kinds of B.S i had to walk off a
little ways to keep from laughing it was great she still talks about the old guy today.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.