Author Topic: Accessory Barrel Orders  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Tencubed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Accessory Barrel Orders
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2008, 10:13:07 AM »
Makes me wonder if that is going to be one of those forwarding centers in N Carolina and we'll end up talking to someone in India or who knows where.  Speculation  :)  :)  :)  Doom and forboding  :o  :o  :o
Ain't it great?

Hope for the best.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Why do I carry a gun?  Because a Cop's too heavy.
Oldest rifle I shoot - 1854 Sharps 50-70

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 11:29:03 AM »
I am crossing my fingers that they installed the right barrel and the trigger job I asked for  ???

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »
I did get the new barrel to day thanks to  Jennifer she did go out of her way to get it shipped for me and as far as the trigger job on the action 2 1/2 lbs sweet 8)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2008, 09:44:40 AM »
Please note the updated H&R website.  ;) They updated the accessory barrel and repair pages, but they didn't update the order form that still has the old address on it. They also show two different addresses to ship to depending on whether the product is H&R or NEF!! ??? I think the webmaster must have been confused and listed NEF repairs as going to Marlin!!

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp

http://www.hr1871.com/support/repairs.asp

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/CustomerSupport/repairs.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline kernman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »
My receiver arrived there on the 16th, before the June 20 deadline. When I talked to the customer service lady she said I should get it in a couple of weeks. As of yet they still have not billed my credit card.

I don't like the sound of what I'm hearing on these posts. Does this mean they forwarded my package to India to be worked on?
Scary thought.

Im gonna call tomorrow and see what gives.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »
Barrel fittings will be forward to the new H&R facility at Ilion NY just as has been stated before! ::) If it was received in Gardner, they'll fit it there IF they have the barrel in stock. The shipping dept has been backlogged lately, so that may be where the hold up is. Did you ask if they had the barrel in stock? If they don't, you may be in for a looong wait, my first acc barrel order took 9 weeks due to an out of stock barrel. :'(

Tim

Once they close Gardner, UPS can't deliver there, so they'll automatically forward anything to NY, much like your mail is forwarded when you move. Keep an eye on H&R's website, they're supposed to change the shipping address when the change occurs. CS has been telling everyone this Friday, the 20th is the last day they'll accept orders, so if all goes according to plan, when your frame gets there next week or later, it should be forwarded to NY by UPS. Dunno what they'll do with work they get on Friday, fit it or ship it on to NY.  ???

Tim

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2008, 04:34:09 AM »
Just reading through the new changes in the H & R website and found this in the "REPAIRS" section:

For H&R firearm repairs:                      For NEF firearm repairs:
H&R Firearms                                             MFC, Inc.
Attn: Arms Service Repairs                          100 Kenna Drive         
14 Hoefler Ave                                            North Haven CT 06473
Ilion, NY 13357 MFC, Inc.                             Attn. Service dept.

Any thoughts as to why there would be two different repair facilities?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2008, 04:44:19 AM »
Yeah, I emailed them yesterday to find out what's up with that, I think the webmaster goofed and listed the Marlin facility on the wrong page, that's the same Marlin repair facillity if you look at the Marlin page.  ???

Tim

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2008, 05:00:02 AM »
I just tried to calli  the direct number to H@R seem it no longer works I just wanted to thank the girl who got my barrel out on Monday
 Jennifer

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2008, 05:04:51 AM »
I suppose there will be a few bugs to work out until they get things squared away. I tried accesing the Marlin customer support but keep getting the dreaded "The page cannot be found".

Thanks for keeping on top of things for us Tim!

Bill

Offline Matt3357

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2008, 09:07:44 AM »
Ok here's my latest update on the CS situation.  I just got off the phone with a super nice lady from the new CS, I'm assuming in North Carolina like the contact address says, and from what I took in they are going to be just as helpful as they ever were, well as helpful as you can be from 800 miles away from the plant.  If you read my previous posts I have mismatched stocks on my Ultra Varmint 223 and called them to see what they could do about it.  The lady I talked too was super nice, not real familiar with the products yet but I assumed that much would be true.  She told me that I would need to send both stocks in to get a fore stock that matched the butt stock, not so sure that would be necessary but its no skin off my nose because in a couple weeks I am going to ship my receiver off to get a barrel fitted so I'll just include a note to replace the incorrect fore stock.  I am confident that in the coming months they will become more and more acclimated to the system and the products.  Not sure they will ever be as acclimated as when they were in the same building with the gunsmiths, but how can you expect that.  I also asked if they had the barrel I wanted in stock and she quickly looked it up and said yes, so apparently they have live access to inventory counts.  All I can say is I hope the CS stays in the states and the prices stay low, but I am confident the CS will improve greatly in the next few months. 

Matt

P.S. The new phone number is 866-776-9292

Matt

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-Otto von Bismarck

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »
Thanks for sharing Matt, but that's the same toll free phone number that's been listed in the FAQs for 4yrs, I'm glad it hasn't changed. ;)

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/about/contactus.asp

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,26264.msg141263.html#msg141263

Offline Matt3357

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »
Hmmmmm weird, because I had a different number for the customer service.  The old one I had I got off of their website and it had a woman's voice recorded, when I called that number today it was disconnected.  I called the 866 number after I found it online today and I got a recording of a male's voice.  Oh well I hope the quality is up to par. 

Matt

Matt

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-Otto von Bismarck

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »
That's Jennifer on the recording, the number you likely called was the toll number (978)630-8220.

On the different repair addresses, the NEFs that are sent to Marlin in CT are just the NEF imported shotguns, all single shot rifles and shotguns get sent to NY, the website should be corrected soon.  ;)

Tim

Offline kernman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »
quickdtoo,

when I spoke to the lady a few weeks ago in Gardner, Mass., she said they had the barrel in stock. She said that facility was not accepting new orders after June 20.

I called later and they had received it on June 16. She said I should have it in a couple weeks. Couple weeks later I noticed they had not billed my credit card.

I called that nice lady in N. Carolina, she said my order had not yet been "logged in" in New York. She said to call back next week.

You can read between the lines here. As long as I get it a few weeks before October deer season, it will be all right; but I was hoping to get it for the long weekend. So now I just have to have a little faith...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »
Unfortunately, what they had when you called and what they have in stock when they get to your frame may not be the same, just ask Phatinjun about his ordeal. They don't reserve barrels and stocks, so it's first come, first serve. No doubt your frame was batched with all the other orders and sent to NY for fitting, or maybe it's on it's way back to you and they just forgot to charge for it!! ;D H&R made a mistake occasionally, I've been on the receiving end of them more than once. The latest was an order for parts placed the first week of June, 3 weeks later they charged my card and sent me part of what I ordered and parts I didn't order, I'm still waiting on the rest of my order, Jennifer said she'd ship it this week when I called Monday. They're human and probably rushed trying to tie up lose ends, so hang in there, they'll get it to you sooner or later, hopefully before you need it. ;)

Tim

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2008, 04:30:49 AM »
Tim,
A little bit off topic but do you know if Gordon went to NY?
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2008, 06:52:21 AM »
Dunno, but I'll ask.  ;)

Tim

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2008, 07:17:17 AM »
Got an answer already, he didn't, but there will be several more that will be transferring over the next couple months.

On another note, Cerberus is very interested in the quality the consumer receives and has setup a program between all the factories to be sure consumer feedback is fed back into the manufacturing facilities. That's encouraging news!!  :)

Tim

Offline GPR125

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »
I've dealt with Remington CS through the years and have had mostly good experiences.  They replaced a bolt assembly on a 788 rifle that I managed to break off trying to get a stuck case out of.  That was definitely operator error on my part, and they did it as a warranty repear; that was a stretch.  I deal with them more frequently now, and they have been mostly really great.  But they are human and have tried to blow smoke up my T-shirt on occasion.  Hopefully they will bring their A-game to this enterprise.   Just wonder if tagging a barrel or receiver being sent for service might become more important now that there are some distances involved.  Of the two receivers I sent in one came back with a great trigger pull; the other didn't appear to have been touched.  But then I wasn't charged either.  So guess no blood, no foul.  It'll give me an excuse to get another tube added.
Will that bow kill an elk?     Sure.....but arrows are much more effective.

Offline kernman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2008, 03:25:18 AM »
I'm beginning to regret that I shipped my receiver to them for a 20 gauge slug barrel.

I got it to Gardner by June 16, before the June 20 deadline customer service indicated.

Now here it is Sept. 1, and still don't have it back. I spoke to a guy at Remington, he was not very nice.

He told me the order was complete, but it would have to be shipped back to Gardner, then to me in California. To make matters worse, it would have to be reviewed by Calif. Dept. of Justice per a new state law. They should have told me this upfront, instead they almost guaranteed I would have it back in about a month.
He thought this was funny, I guess. Remington if you are reading this, your customer service is for the birds.

Never again.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2008, 06:13:57 AM »
Got an answer already, he didn't, but there will be several more that will be transferring over the next couple months.

On another note, Cerberus is very interested in the quality the consumer receives and has setup a program between all the factories to be sure consumer feedback is fed back into the manufacturing facilities. That's encouraging news!!  :)

Tim

Tim,

I don't think Remington got the memo! I'm sorry, there is no excuse for all the crap they are turning out, unless they really do want to sink H&R/NEF? ??? "BIG GREEN" has been the worst thing that could have happened to H&R/NEF IMO. >:(
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Jimbo47

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2008, 07:55:20 AM »
Just from what I've been reading, they seem to be placing a very low priority on H&R/NEF products, and might figure that the service matches the cost of the firearm.

Could be they save their talented, and concerned service for their name brand guns, and higher sticker priced firearms, or so it seems!

Could be we are looking at the writing on the wall, so to speak!
My culled down Handi's are the 45-70, and then I have a few others to keep it company...357 Mag/Max. .45 LC/.454 Casull Carbine, .243 Ultra, and 20 gauge Tracker II.

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2008, 10:59:18 AM »
I don't know if they care or not but I e-mailed pics of the poor job they did on my gun to Remington CS today to see what they intend to do about it.   I they don't replace at least the pad and sight I plan to ship both barrels back and demand a refund.  With the destroyed front sight I don't know how I'd go about figuring out if the pitted barrel on the muzzleloader shoots badly or not.  If it does I'm sending it back.
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »
Kevin,

There is no way that I would ever be paying them for a brand new "PITTED" barrel. Why would you even consider it? Make them accountable for their carelessnes. In the picture, it looks as if they not only mangled your front sight, but also scratched the barrel when it was knocked sideways. They must have some real Goobers working for them. Don't accept anything less than you would if you were buying a brand new rifle, because they are brand new barrels. Make them pay for the shipping both ways by requesting a call tag, you have more patience then me. If they did that to my rifle, someone would have a .50 caliber suppository.

You will be doing a dis-service to every future customer if you do not make them take care of this. I will be watching this closely, if they don't take care of this in a satisfactory and timely manner, I will be done with H&R/NEF too. I am already done with Remington.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline donia

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »
Just talked to Jonsie and she apologized for telling me for the 3rd time (3 different people in the last month) that I should be getting my gun back in a week or so, but that my gun was at the gallery for testing - eventhough the status site said that it is still on the bench with the repairman.  That was the reason I called, the site has said for 3 weeks now that it was with the repairman on the bench.... and this is after I got an email that the gun was on hold waiting for payment - after I called and mentioned to the repairman that I sent a check enclosed for payment, he said "Oh, yeah I see where you sent a check".  I hope I get MY receiver back with MY Limbsaver recoil pad on it.  I'm beginning to have many doubts about sending my receiver in for the barrel accessory program since Remington has acquired NEF, especially hearing some of the poor results from others.... as well as some of the conversations that I've had with reps....???

Offline SoundDude

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »
I had a surprise when I got home today - two boxes from Remington.  It was my .410 I shipped on August 4th, returned with a new 28ga and 16ga barrels.  (Yes I know this is the rifle forum).  Four weeks is not too bad a turnaround.  I also shipped a handi for new barrels a week later.  Let's see how long it takes.