Author Topic: Accessory Barrel Orders  (Read 7283 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Accessory Barrel Orders
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 04:18:55 AM »
Yes, call em and add it to your order. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 1871

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 04:46:50 AM »
10-4! Thanks Tim!

'71

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »
Tim say 21 days?
I sent it in on the 1st of june they got on the 3rd so I would say maybe the end of next week? ???

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 05:41:37 AM »
I just got an update on the planned move, any orders/rerturns received after the cutoff (20th?) will be forwarded to Ilion by UPS, their intent is to have the new H&R facility up and running within 2 weeks after that cutoff day. ;)

Tim

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 06:48:16 AM »
I just got of the phone with customer service she said by the end of the week I will have the action back with the 7mm-08 barrel and she did remember the action job also ;D

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »
Tim let me get this right. If I send in my frame say next week to Mass they will ship it from there to NY and the barrel be fitted in NY. The reason I ask is I am thinking of sending a frame in next week and just wanted to make sure I did it right. I got a lot of ideas running around in my head on all kinds of things to do with my handis. I don't know if I want to be first to have my barrel fitted at the mew place. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
Once they close Gardner, UPS can't deliver there, so they'll automatically forward anything to NY, much like your mail is forwarded when you move. Keep an eye on H&R's website, they're supposed to change the shipping address when the change occurs. CS has been telling everyone this Friday, the 20th is the last day they'll accept orders, so if all goes according to plan, when your frame gets there next week or later, it should be forwarded to NY by UPS. Dunno what they'll do with work they get on Friday, fit it or ship it on to NY.  ???

Tim

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »
Thanks Tim.

Offline jsoukup

• Avid Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 12:16:01 PM »
Mine got there this morning. ::) Wish me luck!  :-\

Offline OBXPilgrim

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 01:00:26 PM »
Hey, mine got there at 12:16pm today.  Wonder which will come back first?

I'm getting a .223 & .444 barrels.  What are you getting, jsoukup?

Offline jsoukup

• Avid Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 04:58:58 PM »
I'm hoping they've got a 357 left. Then I asked them to fit a new forend and work on the trigger. I already have a 243 bull barrel for my daughter to start "medium" game hunting when she gets older. She can plink with a 38 or I'll ream it out to maximum and it will be good for hogs. Of course, I'll have to break it in till she gets old enough. Last year I used it as my backup rifle.

I was thinking about fitting a 20 GA barrel, but I read about having a hard time sighting with the bead and the monte carlo stock. I'll just go buy a new 20ga this fall, then maybe fit a slug barrel. Make a matched set.

Offline jlgwiz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 05:23:52 PM »
Sent off my 30-30 for repair  the last of May.  While there it was to get a 45-70 barrel fitted.  Called today and got the tracking number and according  to UPS tracking it should be delivered tomorrow.  Only problem is I will be at work and no one here to sign for it.  Unless I get lucky and they deliever after 5:00 pm, I will have to call and tell them to hold it and go pick it up on Friday.  I fell like a kid just before Christmas, just waiting for (Brown) Santa to arrive.

jlgwiz

Offline jlgwiz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
  Well for once I did get lucky,  no not that way darn. As I was walking up to the house after work the UPS truck arrived with my Handi.  So the 30-30 is back home  and hopefully is now well  plus he has a new friend, 45-70 barrel.  However they failed to put the scope rail in the order, guess I will call tomorrow about that.  Also the new forend I ordered will not fit, the stud does not line up with the hole in the forend, guess I will need to remove the shoe and sand it down a bit.

jlgwiz

Offline kernman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »
Oh! Oh!

I have a Pardner 12 gauge smoothbore.

I sent away for a 20 gauge slug barrel. I sent the stock that came with the 12 gauge, but not the fore end.

Does this mean the fore end I have might not fit the 20 gauge barrel they send me?

That would stink.  I was hoping to test out the new barrel by Fourth of July?

Frank

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2008, 01:55:44 PM »
Frank, it depends on which barrel you ordered, the #920 comes with a forend. The Tracker II barrel should work with the standard forend.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 02:49:56 AM »
I just got off the phone with customer service ; she said it in shipping right now should be back this week I will have to check and see if my credit card was billed for the new barrel ? I hope thay did the trigger job.
I called my credit card company and it was charged to my account but what I don't  understand the original bill was to be $112.00 seem only 102.00 was charged I can't complain if I got the right barrel cal. 7MM-08
I hope they did the trigger job I keep you posted

Offline Matt3357

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Accessory Barrel Program
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 08:18:45 AM »
I just called H&R today and they said that the new program is up and running in NY and anything shipped to MA will be forwarded to NY.

Matt

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-Otto von Bismarck

Offline Tencubed

• Contributor
Re: Accessory Barrel Program
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2008, 08:22:44 AM »
Good to hear there is no planned break in service, going to be interesting to see how quickly they get things done and what, if any, price changes will show up.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Why do I carry a gun?  Because a Cop's too heavy.
Oldest rifle I shoot - 1854 Sharps 50-70

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
WHAT'S THIS ABOUT ?
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 01:53:32 PM »
Sent my NEF in for barrel work and got this message. I used the address off the NEF site. When did the move take place?

Package Progress 
Location  Date  Local Time  Description 
LEOMINSTER,
MA,  US  06/26/2008  12:55 P.M.  THE RECEIVER HAS MOVED. UPS ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE RECEIVER TO COMPLETE DELIVERY, NO DELIVERY WAS MADE / THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED

Exception
See description below   
New Delivery Address:  ILION, NY, US   
Shipped/Billed On:  06/24/2008   
Service:  GROUND   
Weight:  8.70 Lbs   

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 02:03:06 PM »
The move was to take place after last Friday, the 20th. So much for updating the website, it still shows Gardner as the shipping address, that's not all that surprising tho, they've never updated the website in a timely manner for the most part. :-\

Tim

Once they close Gardner, UPS can't deliver there, so they'll automatically forward anything to NY, much like your mail is forwarded when you move. Keep an eye on H&R's website, they're supposed to change the shipping address when the change occurs. CS has been telling everyone this Friday, the 20th is the last day they'll accept orders, so if all goes according to plan, when your frame gets there next week or later, it should be forwarded to NY by UPS. Dunno what they'll do with work they get on Friday, fit it or ship it on to NY.  ???

Tim

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »
Tim say 21 days?
I sent it in on the 1st of june they got on the 3rd so I would say maybe the end of next week? ???

I mailed a receiver to Gardner on 5-31, they probably got it 6-3.
While I was on hold this afternoon, calling Jenifer for the status of my gun, BBT started honking in the driveway.
They printed the work order 6-13, and it looks like the work was completed 6-24, back home in Michigan 6-27.
Rear sight was the ramped style, all my other sights adjust elevation by turning a screw.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »
H&R switched to the Williams WGOS rear sight that mounts with 2 holes instead of 1 hole mounted proprietary sights about 3yrs ago, MtJerry was one of the first to report on them in 2005. They also switched the front sight mounting hole size back to the tiny 3-56 or whatever it is instead of the more common 6-48 that they used for a few years.  :-\ The 2 mounting holes does make it easy to mount a Weaver 92A Contender base for a scout mount tho.  ;)

Tim

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 01:34:06 PM »
I called on Monday the 23rd she said the action and new barrel was sent to shipping,they charged the credit card on the 19 of june;I recalled on thursday she said it may go out on thusday or friday the 27 of june;I hope to get the set up by next week.
I think things are slowing at the plant that is no longer going to be in service.Man I hope thay don;t ship the barrel set up to N.Y. and re-send it too me
Tim: said the barrel action takes a little longer to ship (maybe a longer box)
I hope they did the trigger job would hate to re-send it off to n.y. I had pland on shooting the new 7MM-08 for this weekend ???

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 01:40:27 PM »
UPS stuff takes 7 days to reach me from MA regardless of what I order from them, so I don't know that the frame only would get to you any quicker than a complete rifle, I've ordered lots of stocks from them and they always take a week.

Tim

Offline Matt3357

• Contributor
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »
Hey everybody, I just got an Ultra Varmint Hunter in 223 rem from the gunshop today.  He had ordered it from one of his suppliers.  I noticed when I got home that the forestock is a light reddish color and the buttstock is the darker cinnimon color like it should be.  Anyone know what could of happened or ever had this happen? Do you think H&R will ship me the correct one or will I have to buy the correct one when i ship it off for a different barrel?  Thanks!

Matt

Matt

-Otto von Bismarck

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 06:48:13 PM »
I'd take a pic of the rifle and email it to CS and ask them to send you a forend that matches properly, they've made the same mismatch before.  :-\

Tim

hr1871@hr1871.com

Offline Matt3357

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2008, 02:38:03 AM »
Thanks a lot Tim, who knows how many questions would go unanswered on this forum if it wasn't for you!  Will they just ship me a new one or will I have to ship them the old one?

Matt

Matt

-Otto von Bismarck

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 04:57:37 AM »
I don't know what they'll do for sure now that Gardner is closing, but in the past they've always just sent the part when something wasn't right, that's what they did for me when they damaged the butt stock of my BC during barrel fitting, I sent a pic, they sent me a new stock! ;)

thanks,

Tim

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 07:39:37 AM »
I called again to day and wanted to see if they shipped the action with the new  barrel ?  it was still sitting in the shipping dept since the 19th of june.I spoke with customer service last week on Thursday she said it should be out no later then Friday.
To-day i spoke with Jennifer and she did find the item was still not shipped so she made sure it was going out to-day and gave me the tracking number so I would say it would be here by Thursday.
She did say the new customer service will be set up in north Carolina and repair will be done in n.y.s. I hope it will run as smooth as it did when it all was at the same location. ???

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 09:29:02 AM »
She did say the new customer service will be set up in north Carolina and repair will be done in n.y.s. I hope it will run as smooth as it did when it all was at the same location. ???

That's sure scary, even if they were at the same location, I doubt they'd ever equal Gardner CS.

Tim