Author Topic: woman carry  (Read 1475 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
woman carry
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »
well there a lot of stray dogs running around here and some of them are really mean. Well anyways my mom withs to get a gun for dog attacks and she looking at the cobra FS 380( one she used my 1934 and she likes the 380 and 2 my ammo man will sell it for 85$ if she wants it)  so can that get the job done?? she wants a small gun that easy to carry in a purse or pocket.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Mohawk

Re: woman carry
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:30:13 AM »
   First make sure she can legally carry it. Any $85 handgun I would avoid, that is a red flag. Then you might remind her that if she uses it that the situation is required to protect her, as with a person attacking her. Shooting stray dogs can carry heavy criminal penalties if the action is not in actual defense.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »
Well if she does get a gun she going to get a CCWP. I hate peoples dogs cause they always letting them run around messing with people and they always like" there just playing" . well what is something you would get for a woman to carry??
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 10:51:18 PM »
  i like dogs .. i use to sell pit bulls until i got tired of getting pics of a dog id sold ,raging at the end of an leash to try and get people..i didnt breed that type of dog.. so i know its doing that because the owner does not understand what an lethal force he has and how big a mistake it is to train them for attack....
  most dogs under 70 lbs,,that come after me will get thier hiny cut dn  .. but if its a pit bull im not going head to head with him..he gets all i can put on him from my ccw..
  my neighbor has one and ive told her i will hate to ever hurt him.. he seems to be settleing dn now though..thank god..

Offline DCRthe3rd

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 02:13:40 AM »
Well if she does get a gun she going to get a CCWP. I hate peoples dogs cause they always letting them run around messing with people and they always like" there just playing" . well what is something you would get for a woman to carry??
unless I am wrong , the gun you are talking about is a cheaper striker fired single action only semi auto with a safety thats not much to look at , not my pick for carrying with a round in the chamber , MY pick would be to set her up with a nice new/used/$$ 38 spl wheelgun with short barrel , or a 357 snub gun loaded with 38's
short, sweet, simple all the way around

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 02:35:02 AM »
If she really enjoys a .380, then look at the Kel-tec and Ruger offerings.  Both are very reasonably priced and reliable.  Plus they are sized for small hands and are very lightweight to carry.  Just my 2 cts.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 11:21:47 AM »
one of my neighbors that a old border cop shot one of these stray dogs over the weekend. Well it was a clean shot and there now law problem with the law but guess who shows up?? the owner,and he was all mad and stuff and was talking about suing. well my mom does really like the idea of carrying a gun anyways so i just gave her one of my STUN GUN and some  Bear Spray(stops a bear, stops a dog)i carry a Expandable Steel baton . There not much or any crime  out here(there some but not much) so the gun would be for dogs or maybe outdoors.  Thanks for your help guys. Also bob had a Taurus 38 hammer-less for 200 even but we passed on it.

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 10:44:31 PM »
I agree with DCR, the .38 is the way to go. Those cheap .380s are really crap. When it comes to firearms, you do get what you pay for.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 06:01:37 AM »
my mom does really like the idea of carrying a gun anyways so i just gave her one of my STUN GUN and some  Bear Spray(stops a bear, stops a dog)i carry a Expandable Steel baton .

Darn Jamal!  I'd hate to meet your mom on the street!   :o  I can see the headlines now... "Biker maced with bear spray, beaten with a steel pipe and knocked to the ground with a stun gun before being shot by little old lady.  " I was in fear for my life" she is quoted as saying "Good thing my baby boy Jamal made sure I was able to protect myself from bikers and dogs!"   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 06:09:36 AM »
it's a mean world out there, it's best to be ready. the dog probelm been fixed(a kid got attacked by a dog and theyhad a big roundup so most of them are gone now.)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 06:23:23 AM »
Not getting into the legal or ethics angle, I would go for a 22 cal rimfire in a revolver as long as it was equipped wth a transfer bar.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 06:29:15 AM »
how about a 22mag? more power and most people can shoot it well.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 05:32:22 AM »
I like the .22 mag in a handgun but the muzzle blast is terrible without hearing protection and will turn off a woman to shooting in a minute.  It's really not for a new shooter or woman.  Get the .38 or a regular .22.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Savage

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 11:14:01 AM »
"Woman Carry" Not me! I find even the small ones too heavy for everyday carry!   ::)
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:09 AM »
well my mom started off with my 1934 380 auto and my girlfriends started off with the same gun(i used what i had). they both are good shots with it, they won't win no prizes but they hit mostly what they shoot at. 

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »
the .22 mag is "not for a woman". Give me a break! I shoot my .45acp just fine thank you very much! 44man, you need a reality check.
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »
the .22 mag is "not for a woman". Give me a break! I shoot my .45acp just fine thank you very much! 44man, you need a reality check.

i never really got the hole woman gun thing. I used to shoot a full power 454 ruger all the time and loved it. I know of a lot of "big men" who would not even pick up this gun.