Author Topic: Anyone see what Clinton and Obama just said about guns?  (Read 755 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Anyone see what Clinton and Obama just said about guns?
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »
I expected what I heard from Clinton except she said she would change the DC gun ban to a partial ban on hand guns or something like that. Obama just seems to not care and changes subject. Could someone clear this up because I only caught the tail end of it. I did hear she would let the state and cities handle any gun bans but we would still have the right to have guns. I couldn't hear the first part of what she said. Did yall catch it?
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
Re: Anyone see what Clinton and Obama just said about guns?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »
I watched the whole thing, and still ain't sure what either of them said. Talked a whole lot and said very little.
Either way, I don't really think either one of them have gun owners best interest at heart.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:34:36 PM »
I watched the whole thing, and still ain't sure what either of them said. Talked a whole lot and said very little.
Either way, I don't really think either one of them have gun owners best interest at heart.

alan

It was kinda like putting a band-aid on a gaping hole. Obama scares me a bunch more than Clinton, with Clinton we can expect the same or about the same as the 1990's when Bill was in office. Obama only says change and still hasn't said much more so I want to know what the hell he is talking about.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
Political spin:  The art of speaking at great length without saying anything at all.  Obama and Hillary are masters of the art.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline nilescoyote

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »
Political spin:  The art of speaking at great length without saying anything at all.  Obama and Hillary are masters of the art.

So very true...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »
For Obama change means turning the US into a muzlim nation under sharia law. What's hard to understand about that?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
watched it they didn't say much but their mouth was moving so i know they were lying.neither of them are smart enough to know that automatic weapons are already illegal. both want to take themselves out of harms way by allowing the state and city to have control of the constitution. I'm not sure but i don't think it is suppost to work that way.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline sdb777

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 01:44:23 AM »
Actually, automatic firearm are NOT illegal-you just have to have the correct paperwork to own one.  Class III

Put you TV on "MUTE" and you'll get the same amount of information while watching any debate.

Scott (can't speak in 'Koran'-is that pig Latin or something) B
Custom Cartridge pens available.....

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 03:11:55 AM »
With all 3 candidates, (I'm including McCain on this) it doesn't matter what they say right now, as their trying to get elected. They will say anything they think will help get votes.(Remember Kerry goose hunting here in Ohio before the last election!) Look at their past record, and that will tell you how they think, and how they will act. And none of them have too much to brag about in that dept. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 03:23:11 AM »
Hillary goes the way the wind is blowing.  Obama is the most liberal senator in the senate.  Check his voting record.  McCain voting record is 80% conservative, Obama's is 100% liberal, Hillary's is about 80% liberal.  I wish we had an actual choice, instead of the lesser of three evils.  Alan Keyes, a former conservative black Republican has just quit the Republican party, and may run for president on the Constitution party, similar to the Libertarian party.  He was in Reagan's cabinet, but has since been shunned by the new mainstream Republicans.  Interesting politics.  Even Liberman, a former Democrat is for McCain. 

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 04:40:46 AM »
watched it they didn't say much but their mouth was moving so i know they were lying.neither of them are smart enough to know that automatic weapons are already illegal. both want to take themselves out of harms way by allowing the state and city to have control of the constitution. I'm not sure but i don't think it is suppost to work that way.

Yeah he's right they are not. When they say automatic firearms they are speaking of anything that is semi auto because they don't know the difference. If Hillary gets it the way she wants you will need a Class III to get a semi auto. And if its black its military style too.

Rick

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 04:48:25 AM »
We have "energetic/lazy" and "smart/stupid".

Bill Clinton was "lazy smart". Hillary is "energetic stupid". I think it took work to get his temper up, but she is mostly just looking for a fight.