Author Topic: 9mm question  (Read 1394 times)

Offline jlgwiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
9mm question
« on: April 16, 2008, 06:06:35 PM »
What is the difference between the 9mm C  and the 9mm CP models.   I saw a CP for sale at a gun show (don't believe it was a comp) but all I ever see on the net seem to be the C. 

jlgwiz

Offline jdwolf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: 9mm question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 01:10:03 PM »
What is the difference between the 9mm C  and the 9mm CP models.   I saw a CP for sale at a gun show (don't believe it was a comp) but all I ever see on the net seem to be the C. 

jlgwiz
  Hi Point offers 2 9mm pistols. The C9 and the C9 Comp, which has the compensator.  I have the C9 and love it. 
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:15:59 AM »
CP stands for Cheap pistol. (Just kidding)  ;D  I think it's the compensated model.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 03:15:39 AM »
I'm with you John R, it is a cheap pistol. At a $139 (when I bought mine), that's cheap. But mine has been a very good pistol for the price. Much better than I expected when I  bought it. I can't figure out why anyone would want a compensated one though. Just me I guess.

Offline jlgwiz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:20:48 AM »
 I did not think it was the comp model but I will take a closer look at the next show.  Thank You for all the replies.

jlgwiz

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 10:15:38 AM »
CP stands for Cheap pistol. (Just kidding)  ;D  I think it's the compensated model.
Your right, they are a cheap gun.  I paid $145.00 OTD for my C9.  But, in my opinion, they are the best cheap gun on the market today.  Mine is very reliable and gets about 2 inch groups at 15 yards. Not bad for a $145.00 pistol that comes with a lifetime warranty.
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
I'm with you John R, it is a cheap pistol. At a $139 (when I bought mine), that's cheap. But mine has been a very good pistol for the price. Much better than I expected when I  bought it. I can't figure out why anyone would want a compensated one though. Just me I guess.
  I agree,  I'm not to keen on the C9 Comp either. It's strictly a cosmetic issue with me. I just don't like it's looks.