Author Topic: getting a BC today!  (Read 434 times)

Offline aldar

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
getting a BC today!
« on: April 17, 2008, 03:45:50 AM »
With all the crap going on at NEF I thought i had better get one more rifle before they all become extinct. I called my locale gun dealer and asked about the availability of the Buffalo Classic. He called me back about 2 hours later and said he finally found one. He also said that they had been discontinued(?) and they were hard to find. I raced over and did some horse trading. I wanted to trade off one of my shotguns as I haven't gone duck hunting in years. It seems the shotgun was still worth more the a new BC. I got him to trade me even up AND throw in a couple boxes of ammo. sweet!  the gun will be in this afternoon. with this new gun, my Handi family just might be complete.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: getting a BC today!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 04:35:34 AM »
Congrats on the new BC, he's confused, the BC hasn't been discontinued, the 38-55 Target has  tho. RR has 89 BCs in stock!!

Tim

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GCR1871
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline aldar

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »
now that I got the rifle, I have a few questions. should the BC have come with a manual specific to the BC? I have all the peep apertures, but I have no idea what they are used for. It is essential to slug the bore or can you shoot just about any size bullets though them? I see you can order bullets in 2 different sizes and was wondering which ones to get.

Offline lrrice

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
    • Rice Custom Knives
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:09:42 PM »
I'm probably not the best one to answer questions.  My BC (and everyone else's I think) shot low due to the front sight being to high.  You can order a replacement sight that is shorter, or if your cheap like me, you can cut the sight down and file new dove tails into it.   Mine shot great with factory ammo but it costs too much so I got molds for mine.  Can't tell you how its going to do cause the wind hasn't stopped blowing here for months (I guess a wind farm on each side of town should have been a hint).  By all accounts, BC's like to eat larger cast bullets so 459's will probably work best for you.  The sight apertures are just something you will have to try out until you decide what works best for you based on light and the type of shooting your doing.  Enjoy.

Offline striker525

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 02:53:20 AM »
My guy has access to 38 of them.

Buffalo classic