Author Topic: Show your bullets!  (Read 609 times)

Offline singleVI

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Show your bullets!
« on: April 17, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »
With all these pictures of guns and gear, Id like to see your pictures of bullets you recovered. Maybe tell what game you shot, caliber, whether you'd use it again, etc. It'd be nice to see some bullets that weren't recovered from ballistic gelatin like the magazine show.These things interest  me.

Offline singleVI

• Avid Poster
Re: Show your bullets!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »
Heres the only bullet Ive got pics of. .308 150gr Hornady SST shot out of my .30-30H&R at around 2300fps. Shot into dried clay bank from 10feet. Bullet weighed 129.2 grains and measured .77x.63x.57. It was wider than it was tall so it mushroomed pretty good and stayed together for being fired into that hard of dirt form that close. Would use on deer/pigs.

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:50:26 PM »
Hornady 139 BTSP 7mm recovered from left shoulder of 9pt Buck Missouri 2003:-

From this Buck:-

I also have a recovered 303 150 grain Hornady Spire Point which looks much the same recovered from under the skin of a Fallow Buck shot in Sussex but don't have a photo of that one. Both shots were taken at around 55-70 yards.
Oh did I mention that I like Hornady bullets!

Offline singleVI

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 05:12:10 AM »
Hey those are the same 7mm bullets I am gonna reload when I get a 7mm08! That or the Interbonds. Thanx for the pics

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:08:23 AM »
Hi There,

I actually prefer the 139 grain Hornady Spire Points which have a flat base but I ran out whilst loaded developing for this trip and the shop only had the Boat Tailed bullets which do not shoot quite as accurately as the Flat based ones. In fact the most accurate of them is the 139 grain Flat Point bullets by Hornady but they will not feed from one side of the magazine and hang up on the chamber mouth  :'(

Have not tried the interbonds as well if it ain't broke don't fix it  ;D these Normal Hornady's work so I will stick with them.