Author Topic: Hamas endorses Obama  (Read 972 times)

Offline Cowpox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Hamas endorses Obama
« on: April 18, 2008, 12:56:27 AM »
This has to hurt worse than endorsements by Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter ?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=61852

ELECTION 2008
Obama camp 'flattered' by Hamas compliment
Terror group compared senator to JFK in its endorsement of him for president

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 17, 2008
10:39 am Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Barack Obama's campaign said yesterday it is "flattered" that Hamas' endorsement of the Illinois senator compared him to John F. Kennedy, though it objects to any diplomatic contact with the terrorist group.

"I like John Kennedy too," said chief Obama strategist David Axelrod. "That's about the only thing we have in common with this gentleman from Hamas. We all agree that John Kennedy was a great president, and it's flattering when anybody says that Barack Obama would follow in his footsteps."

Axelrod was reacting to comments earlier this week from Ahmed Yousuf, Hamas' top political adviser in the Gaza Strip, who said Hamas "hopes" Obama will win the presidential elections and "change" America's foreign policy.

"I hope Mr. Obama and the Democrats will change the political discourse. ... I do believe [Obama] is like John Kennedy, a great man with a great principal. And he has a vision to change America to make it in a position to lead the world community, but not with humiliation and arrogance," Yousuf said during an exclusive interview with WND and WABC-New York radio's John Batchelor.

Following last night's presidential debate in Philadelphia with Sen. Hillary Clinton, the American Spectator's Philip Klein asked Axelrod in person about Hamas' endorsement.

Axelrod initially said he was not familiar with Yousuf's comments. The Spectator's Klein then read from his Blackberry the top Hamas adviser's statements about Obama.

Axelrod focused on the Kennedy portion of Yousuf's quote and said he was "flattered" by the comparison.

He continued, "[Obama's] position on Hamas is very clear. Until they renounce violence, until they recognize Israel's right to exist and recognize previous agreements, we shouldn't have any contact with him."

Earlier this week, Obama called Hamas a "terrorist organization" that should remain isolated until it renounces violence and recognizes Israel. Obama was responding to media inquiries regarding former President Jimmy Carter's controversial meetings this week with Hamas leaders.

Speaking to WND and Batchelor, Yousuf excused Obama's criticism of Hamas, describing it as political posturing.

"I understand American politics, and this is the season for elections, and everybody tries to sound like he's a friend of the Israelis ... so whatever [the] Israelis didn't like they will take from all those candidates," Yousuf said.

Yousuf said that in Hamas' view, Obama has "a vision to change America to make it in a position to lead the world community but not with humiliation and arrogance."

The U.S. and Israel have been trying to isolate Hamas, which is classified by the State Department as a terror group. Hamas is responsible for scores of deadly suicide bombings, and thousands of shooting attacks and rocket firings against Israeli civilian population centers.

To interview Aaron Klein, contact M. Sliwa Public Relations by e-mail, or call 973-272-2861 or 212-202-4453.

I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Hamas endorses Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 01:26:14 AM »
  B. Hussein O. has a "G-- D--- America"  spiritual mentor, he chums around with unrepentant terrorist..and now locks up the endorsement of Hamas !

How much more do we need folks ?  The " handwriting is on the wall" !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 01:43:55 AM »
I'm with you ironglow.  It matters little Obama claims no affection for Hamas.  The fact Hamas chooses Obama should be proof he is OUR worse possible choice.

I guess I will have to give up trying to post links. These old eyes have trouble with the fine print, and now that I can find no way to edit or delete, I make a mess getting it right. Maybe the Moderator can delete my first four attempts.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 02:01:41 AM »
Do I ever miss the edit feature. I hope this one works ???

http://www.worldnet.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=61631

What exactly does that mean? The edit feature works just fine. It is merely called MODIFY now rather than EDIT. Same feature however and works just fine.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 08:29:23 AM »
To a dumb old Norwegian, it means modify is spelled differently than edit ?

Thanks GB, for cleaning up my mess, and getting me pointed in the right direction.

Offline Lead Poison

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »
 B. Hussein O. has a "G-- D--- America"  spiritual mentor, he chums around with unrepentant terrorist..and now locks up the endorsement of Hamas !

How much more do we need folks ?  The " handwriting is on the wall" !

Ironglow is absolutely right! Wake up people!!!!!!!!

Barack Hussein Obama is a THREAT to America, our freedoms and our national security!

Anyone who can't see this is blind or a traitor, in my opinion! 

What's worse is the number of liberal democrats coming out everyday endorsing Obamination! >:(

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 10:29:59 AM »
that figgures
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 11:56:02 AM »
Today on Fox News Live, McCain responded by saying that Hamas endorsement of Obama should be left for the voters "judgments accordingly".  Hamas definitely does not want McCain for President, so what does that say about Obama, if Hamas supports the Democrat?  Voters can only determine the best candidate by encompassing all the relevant information about him/her.  One of the criteria that should be used to determine a candidates qualifications, is the ability to chose associations with other people.  If Hamas supports Obama, then Hamas must think Obama would be easier to deal with and thus gain some advantage.  If people want Hamas to gain this advantage, then they should vote for Obama.   If, like most conservatives, the people do not want Hamas to be recogized as a legitimate organization, then they should definitely vote McCain. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:34:52 PM »
They say that like people stick together. I suppose its true.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3