Author Topic: Simmons Whitetail classic & Outfitter ?  (Read 970 times)

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
Simmons Whitetail classic & Outfitter ?
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:43:44 PM »
Was wondering what country the Simmons whitetail classic & the Simmons outfitters rifle scopes are made in? Also eye relief for each? These are Simmons products that were made prior to the Meede company taking over (I think)! So there would most likely be no warranty at all! Were either one of these good reliable scopes? Thanks for helping me with these Questions! Dale

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Simmons Whitetail classic & Outfitter ?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 05:05:26 PM »
The original Whitetail Classics were made in the Philippines, dunno about the current bunch that are sold by different retailers like Midway and Cabelas, they aren't listed on the Simmons website.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline boaman88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:56:18 AM »
Don't under estimate the warranty either. I have a friend that Simmons is replacing a broken 44 mag scope for. They told him they will not repair the older models anymore but they will replace them with the same scope if they still have it or with a scope from the current product line. I myself really liked the Whitetail Expedition line and still buy them when I find them at a decent price. They claimed they were replacing his with another 44 mag. Still waiting for it to arrive, until then he simply has to cross his fingers.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:16:03 AM »
I haven't bought one for a couple of years, but I wanna say that they still make the WTC's in the Phillipines. I have a couple of WTC's and a 44 Mag, and I have had no problems with them.  Midway sells a run of those 6.5X20X50 WTC's at a very low price and they seem to be very well received.  You can peruse the reviews on MIdway's site.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 12:53:57 AM »
I have two of the WTC, both are at least 2 years old. Both have been good scopes for the bucks. I see they have a new one out now that has mil dots for a few dollars more. As said before Midway USA has lots of reviews for the WTC and for the most part they are positive. If you only have $120 to spend on a long range scope, you can not go too wrong with one.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.