Author Topic: Website Redirection  (Read 962 times)

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
Website Redirection
« on: April 19, 2008, 06:53:26 AM »
   Every so often when I access the site, through favorites, I get redirected to some online gaming service, ie; darts, cards, and such. I think is called "Ed's Games" or something similar to that. Even rebooting does not help. After an hour or so it stops and I can get back to GBO. Anyone else dealt with this?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Website Redirection
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 06:57:29 AM »
See Forum Support topic "No Forums Last night", although yours sounds more like a browser hijack, the redirects I've seen are to GoDaddy.com, but anything is possible if what Matt suspects is happening.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,143187.msg1098575041.html#msg1098575041

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »
That was it, "Go Daddy". Thanks Quickdtoo

Sounds like I was not the only one. It has been happening for about a week or two, sporatically.

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 01:55:11 PM »
Sounds to me like you have some malware on your computer that has highjacked your browser. You need to be looking at getting rid of it.

What I've seen or at leas did see the 30 minutes or so it happened was not a redirect at all. It just said at first "can't be found" then "DNS look up error" then the Go Daddy mesage about the site being parked for free came up.

At no time was there ever a redirect. I think you need to get the malware off your computer.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises