Author Topic: Roger Raglin now using CVA  (Read 3411 times)

Offline billynwtf

• Trade Count: (0)
Roger Raglin now using CVA
« on: April 22, 2008, 02:15:08 AM »
 I was watching the outdoor channel the other day and noticed that Roger Raglin has teamed up with CVA. Just thought that was kinda neat since he is know to be one of the greastest whitetail deer hunters ever. He shot a big hog with a optima 50 cal. Kinda made me feel good.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Roger Raglin now using CVA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Jemeny Christmas!!!  ;D ;D ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:41:50 PM »
Wow I hope he wipes his butt with Downey,(my brand) hes my hero!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:35:17 PM »
Looks like you know who he is too.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:20:47 AM »
Yhe,I think the guys a moron,acts like hes on meth or something,I wont watch his crap.

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »
Isn't he the one that thinks everything he says is funny? I hadn't considered that he might be doing meth. Does that stuff make you laugh stupid? Wait, don't tell me if you know.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
I know it makes you act like an idiot,close enough for him.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »
He does act goofy, no doubt about it. I really doubt if he is on meth, he does not seem like the type. But, in his defense, he does have his own tv show, with many sponsors, all about hunting. Seem like a good gig. And he probably make lots and lots of money, and seems happy. I think he is only guilty of over acting.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
Hes not the guy I want people seeing as a Representative of our sport,his hyper active clown gig is redicoulus.

Offline billynwtf

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »
Well I could say alot but I wont. You need to meet him in person to understand him. He will always be a hunting hero to me.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 03:40:41 PM »
Hunting hero ::) whatever

Offline billynwtf

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 05:16:28 AM »
Okay you dont like him. Dont blame you there are others out there I dont like. But just for the heck of it I thought I would list the accomplishments Roger Raglin has completed in his career. He has 60 dvds on the market. He has 13 different SCI world records. Holds 180 different record class SCI trophies. Holds the SCI #1non typical whitetail and the #2 typical whitetail. Holds 8 north american whitetail slams. 3 bow slams and the world slam of buffalo. He has 70 shoulder mounts of whitetail deer that average 150 b&c points. Alsso he has a masters degree form Duke University. I would giggle alot too if I had accomplished all of that. Yes he is one of my hunting heros.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 06:14:10 AM »
Like I said, he has a good gig going. I would be very cheerful too.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 08:17:56 AM »
You know why they are SCI and not B&C? HIGH FENCE CANNED HUNTS,yhe hes a real hunting hero.

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 11:18:13 AM »
So you guys dont appreciate some one who fights for your hunting rights while you talk about it on the net, he is out there in person making his point, speaking whats on mind while you are behind a screen complaining about  the Anti's instead of facing them and making your own argument?

Remember when Jim Zumbo made that stupid remarks about Semi autos?

How about Ted Nugent? Sure hes crazy, but he at least speaks from his heart and mind and tells it to you straight up and doesnt suger coat it.

With out these people who actually fight for our privileges, Who else would do it? You?   You can pay the NRA to speak up for you, but again, You are paying some one else do the the job that you should be doing.

I like Roger Raglin, Hes entertaining to watch, always has a good hunt on TV. Same as Nugent.  I'd hunt with either one of them.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 01:53:02 PM »
Bigblock455, I am not sure who "you guys" plural is here. I don't like him or dislike him. I just have been irratated with all of the "Jemeney Christmas" stuff over a period of time. I have heard a good point or 2 on a couple of his videos & I would have watched more, but seemed to 'manufacture" some drama there, that's all. As far as the fair chase versus pen stuff goes, I have no idea how many trophies are legit. I don't pay much attention to video hunter endorsements of rifles, as I don't know how much is for real & how much is a financial incentive. If you equated quality of a rifle with the amount of "video stars" using/endorsing them, then the Encore could be the world's best rifle! I have one, but I have several bolt guns that shoot better, some alot better.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 06:19:04 PM »
IMO anyone who promotes pen hunts and acts like a jack$%% on television making hunters look like morons isnt good for the sport,never will be,your hero is just what the antis feed on .IMO.

Offline billynwtf

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »
Okay the word canned hunt has been brought up. Well lets take a look at all of the tv/video guys out there. They all in one way or another are canned hunts. They might not all be high fenced but you can bet they have paid thounds of dollars to someone be it a guide or outfitter to make sure they kill a monster buck. Go to your local video store and look at the hunting videos the words monster bucks will be on several of them. Big bucks sell videos and that equals big money. That is the ugly side to it. Even the fishing guys making videos pay big money to fish places that have big bass. All to make money. Have you ever seen Bill Jordon from realtree hunting your public hunting ground. No and you will never because he has to make videos with monster bucks to do what----make money. But you will see them at the shows defending your rights and my rights to hunt. Roger Raglin started making videos long before there was any monster buck videos. And yeah he did it to make money. But he has done alot for the industry and has fought for hunter rights for many years. Go to any hunting show where Roger Raglin attends and listen to what he has to say.He will spend more time talking about hunters rights than anything else. The point I am trying to make is that they all are in the business to make money sell products and promote sponsers products. They all pay to kill big bucks to sell videos high fenced or not. But they all defend our hunting rights and will continue to. If you live to hunt like I do they are all heros to me. And he does have records in both p&c and b&c so not all are high fenced.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 05:27:27 AM »
My opinion stands.

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 06:52:11 AM »
Yeah i like watching those hunts with the guides where they take some mid aged guy into the forest, He walks the guys butt off going in a big circle, Then  simply points and says to the hunter,  There he is!! Shoot! Shoot!  And then the hunter gets all excited after he shoots and thinks he actually went hunting, when the true is, He had a leash around his neck and was simply lead around until the guide spotted an animal in a certain area where he knew the animals would be.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 03:22:42 PM »
I get a kick out of the TX wt hunts where they are hunting a road or powerline clearing and you can see all the corn kennels strewn around,as if having them penned isnt enough they have to bait them out into the open so the "hunter" can count antler points and calculate cost before he pulls the trigger.Then the outfitters goes on and on about how huge the ranch i and how difficult the deer are to hunt,gimme a break.Not hunting IMO and never will be,I feel sorry for people who dont know how much better it can be outside of a livestock pen,and for those who do and still choose the pen IMO they are just lazy wanna Bs.To each his own until it starts to effect my way of life and canned hunts can,have and will,MT had CWD show up in some canned elk herds and we did away with them before they could.Ill step out now before the high fence crowd gets wind of my posts and organizes another lynchin party

Offline mangulator

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 05:49:57 AM »
My vote is for Roger Raglin. I  appreciate someone who fights for my hunting rights and speaks out about them. I bet some of you guys out there do not stand up to the anti hunting groups and give your opinions. But sure can type it on the web page if you do not like someone but will not face the person or group that is welling to give away your rights. I bet you would probably run crying to mommy.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 07:23:25 AM »
"Wow I hope he wipes his butt with Downey,(my brand) hes my hero!"

How do you wipe with fabric softener? Please share this info. with us as i bet it leaves a nice fresh scent?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 08:18:53 AM »
Bigblock455, I am not sure who "you guys" plural is here. I don't like him or dislike him. I just have been irratated with all of the "Jemeney Christmas" stuff over a period of time. I have heard a good point or 2 on a couple of his videos & I would have watched more, but seemed to 'manufacture" some drama there, that's all. As far as the fair chase versus pen stuff goes, I have no idea how many trophies are legit. I don't pay much attention to video hunter endorsements of rifles, as I don't know how much is for real & how much is a financial incentive. If you equated quality of a rifle with the amount of "video stars" using/endorsing them, then the Encore could be the world's best rifle! I have one, but I have several bolt guns that shoot better, some alot better.

Again, only stating he is irratating to me. I have not watched recent videos for that reason & don't know about "pen" hunts. IF he does that,
I am not a fan of that.

No more than that, so mangulator, who is "you guys" you refer to?

Offline NONYA

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »
Mangulator (toll with a chip on his shoulder) we stand up for what we believe and we try to ignore obvious taunts by antis in disguise (YOU),if we didnt care why would we ever make a post?Im "WELLING" to bet you will be too busy going door to door asking people to vote for hillary to do much hunting.

Offline billynwtf

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
 I just want to say I dont support high fenced  hunting.  I believe in fair chase hunting and thats the way i hunt. Everyone has opinions and I can respect that. Just wanted everyone to know that. But you know all the tv/video guys help maintain our hunting in one way or the other. Whether its Roger Raglin or Bill Jordon there are people out there who watch their shows and go right out and buy calls, rifles,camo and hunting permits and start hunting. We are at a time where hunting numbers are way down. We need all of them keeping it alive for all of us. Young people just dont hunt anymore and that is very scary.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »
Nobody to blame but the parents who wont take their kids hunting,they cant get themselves a firearm and out into the woods.Our numbers here are on a steady rise and hardly anyone around here watches hunting shows.

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »
Yhe,I think the guys a moron,acts like hes on meth or something,I wont watch his crap.

Well do you prefer Oprah ? Personally, I'm thankful for all the Outdoor Chanel programing.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
"Wow I hope he wipes his butt with Downey,(my brand) hes my hero!"

How do you wipe with fabric softener? Please share this info. with us as i bet it leaves a nice fresh scent?

LOL  that's good!!  ;D :D

"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline billynwtf

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 06:38:26 AM »
    according to the nwtf polls the average age of the american hunter is like 40. I cant remember the exact age but it is something like that. I once had a kid ask me if I ate the deer and ohter wild game I harvested. When I told him yes he was surprised and replied to me he thought they all had cwd or rapies.