Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 685 times)

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Gun Control
« on: April 24, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »
I got this via e-mail, maybe old news but just thought I'd pass it along.
                                                                      -------------------------------------

Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two men, illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks were unaware of two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was  nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the  front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants.......and she  wins, she is still alive.

Now that is Gun Control.   
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!

Offline Beers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:19:44 AM »
Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........

Because It never actually happened...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

Offline bighemidaddy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 04:41:46 AM »
gun control----- hitting your target  ;)  ;D  ;D

bighemidaddy

Offline dukkillr

• Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 05:07:41 AM »
This pops up here about once every 6 months.  Hoax.  Of course it's a hoax because she gets a mossberg to fire more than once without breaking down or jamming ;)

Offline Hammerspur

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 05:34:29 AM »
Of course it's a hoax because she gets a mossberg to fire more than once without breaking down or jamming.

That would be a Remington you're thinking of, NO? ;)
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 06:51:21 AM »
People knock Mossberg, but my wife caries a model 600 (Yes I said 600 not 500) and it has never failed to function properly.  She has carried this shotgun for 27 years and will not carry anything else during the summer.  I've used it for small game before giving it to her.  First thing she did was get the short 18" barrel and the muzzle loading barrel.  I've used it to shoot one Black Bear and one Moose.  I've also used it to shoot the tires out on a car that was trying to steal my snow machine one night, then she shot a home invader one morning in our kitchen with it.  Her only complaint was she had a load of bird shot in the gun instead of buckshot.  We had been out shooting grouse the day before and she had forgot to reload it with buckshot.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
Bought my Model 500 back in the early 90's and it has never given me lick of trouble.  Our military and many police departments seem to like them.  ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »
This pops up here about once every 6 months.  Hoax.  Of course it's a hoax because she gets a mossberg to fire more than once without breaking down or jamming ;)

Good Point!!!

The part that bothered me as I read the story was why in the world would a Father of a clay shooting champion own a Mossberg & why would the champion not own her own shotgun.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »
be it true of false you will never see a positive gun story on any of the network news it would make their b.s. bad gun stories look bad.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Hammerspur

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 01:23:34 AM »
Be it true or false you will never see a positive gun story on any of the network news. It would make their b.s. bad gun stories look bad.

Yes, that's the moral of the story IMO. ;)

It is unfortunate indeed that advocates for balanced reporting are made to feel forced to fabricate plausible scenarios in this lock-step leftist PC atmosphere which pervades the information (propaganda?) system.

For verified stories of armed individuals using appropriate legal means to defend themselves against victimizing, predatory miscreants one can refer to "The Armed Citizen" column in each monthly issue of the NRA publications... naturally, you never hear about those events from the general media outlets either.
Steve