Author Topic: Blizzard in West Central MN  (Read 563 times)

Offline rifleman

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
Blizzard in West Central MN
« on: April 25, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »
I'm needing to fire up the Ol Pot bellied Stove as we've got a real rip snorter of a blizzard going on. Visibility of a few hundred feet. 7 to 11 inches of snow tonight. No travel for this bird tonight.

Dave
AKA rifleman

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Blizzard in West Central MN
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:49:45 PM »
Really! Keep it up there we don't want it here in South Central MN. I think we just have rain in our forcast.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline rifleman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »
I'll live through it, but if the pheasants have started nesting, this can't be a good deal for them. Good thing that they will renest if the clutch is not successful.

Dave
AKA rifleman

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 11:41:49 PM »
Last year the late freezes crushed the apple orchards and messed up a lot of bird broods here in NC.

That's global warming climate change for you!   ;)

Offline rifleman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:13:50 AM »
We had The Weather Channel on a minute ago, and we were featured. We've had 15" of snow so far and it's still coming down. I let my Brittany out for her morning romp to do her duties and she could barely get around the yard. It was over her back. We must have been in the center of the worst of it.

Yesterday afternoon before it started, I went car shopping and picked one to take for a test drive. I had and appointment at the audiologist to have my hearing and hearing aid checked out, so I drove it there. While inside the blizzard more or less started. I was going to have the wife take the car out for a drive, but on the way home I came upon a couple of vehicular pile ups. It's amazing how quickly people forget how to drive in this stuff. I decided that this was not the time to be test driving a new car, so I took it back.

Updates as they develop. I may have to take my snowmobile out for one last spin, just for the halibut!

Dave
AKA rifleman

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 02:22:46 AM »
It is starting to snow in Wisconsin and I just put new tires on my motorcycle. ???

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 02:34:03 AM »
I hope that global warming starts pretty quick.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline moxgrove

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 03:08:00 AM »
Just got off of a 12 hour shift in the ER here in the miniapple. Cars are spinning out all over. they had to close the 494/5 bridge over by the airport because the ice was an inch thick!  Just a lovely spring day in the tundra! ;D

Offline rifleman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 03:42:19 AM »
My daughter lives down there, in the big city. Sounds like you're getting today what we got yesterday and last night.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 04:05:57 AM »
Ahhh yes, more evidence of "global warming".  Question for Algore:  What exactly was it that global warming was supposed to do?
Swingem

Offline rifleman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »
Just got in from cleaning up what the Lord Hath Wrought. 15" was no exaggeration. I needed to get things so the mailman could get to the door. Next will be what ever the snowplow puts in the mouth of my driveway. That's always the worst, wet and packed.

I got a call that the Pheasants Forever Banquet workers dinner at the VFW is on for tonight. The roosters will be crowing tonight!!!!

Dave
AKA rifleman