Author Topic: Obama's interview with Chris Wallace.  (Read 360 times)

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Obama's interview with Chris Wallace.
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:50:31 AM »
Been looking over the transcript.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/27/transcript-obama-on-fns/

When talking about Rev Wright's recent public speaking events:

OBAMA: You know, I didn’t talk to him about that. I had talked to him after all this had happened, partly because I regretted — I always regret people who are civilians, essentially, being dragged into these political fights. And the — and I expressed to him.

It may be a small point, but if the reverend is a civilian, what does Obama consider himself?  Hardly a veteran, or a soldier.  I wonder if it isn't that he is just a little above the rest of us, not being a citizen and all?

And it may be a small point, but in casual unpressed conversation, this is how he considers himself. 

FWIW

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Re: Obama's interview with Chris Wallace.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
Been looking over the transcript.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/27/transcript-obama-on-fns/

When talking about Rev Wright's recent public speaking events:

OBAMA: You know, I didn’t talk to him about that. I had talked to him after all this had happened, partly because I regretted — I always regret people who are civilians, essentially, being dragged into these political fights. And the — and I expressed to him.

It may be a small point, but if the reverend is a civilian, what does Obama consider himself?  Hardly a veteran, or a soldier.  I wonder if it isn't that he is just a little above the rest of us, not being a citizen and all?

And it may be a small point, but in casual unpressed conversation, this is how he considers himself. 

FWIW

I'm no Obama fan so don't take this the wrong way. I watched that interview and I remember him saying that. I think it was a figure of speech, meaning he (Obama) is "enlisted" to fight a battle to win the Dem nomination. Rev Wright therefor is a civilian in this context.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Obama's interview with Chris Wallace.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »
Thanks for your view.

I didn't see it so I couldn't see his face and hear the words.  But the text certainly supported that air of elitism that he got saddled with.

JC