Author Topic: Cutting to the quick...  (Read 4976 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Cutting to the quick...
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 04:46:42 AM »
This subject is a joke they don't care about us .

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 05:51:30 AM »
Mag, you're welcome to your opinion, I just didn't understand it.  I still don't know if you're for additional north slope drilling at this time or not.  Grandidose statements like "we have enough oil to last decades" just deny the inevitable. Too, a decade is only 10 years. Right now, it seems that nuclear and solar are our only viable alternatives.  And it doesn't seem that enough is being done to research ways to use those power sources for individual use. 

As far as pork is concerned, some places and classes of folks have become so addicted to pork and charity that it is not viewed as pork or charity, it is an entitlement. You have folks that have lived off welfare and medicAID for generations, that are legally illiterate but they still have the same number of votes you and I do.  Just ask Sen. "Uncle Sugar" Byrd of WV.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 06:09:35 AM »
a sheeple is someone who won't be responsible for themselves they do what they are told , follow the crowd and have no decision making capability . and yes most are dumb-o-crats but not all !
they can be picked out in a crowd as they are told some pure BS and have an immediate knee jerk !
hope that helps !
as far as oil , any we drill and get is better than all the hand wringing going on now !
and if a little spills clean up what ya can and go on ! nothing last for ever !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 06:32:36 AM »
A sheeple is a human lemming with a woolen mind.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline magooch

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 04:16:56 AM »
TM7, in short--a liberal.

Beemanbeme, I don't know why you are confused about whether, or not I support drilling in Anwar.  Maybe I should go back and read my post.  Anyway, let me be clear; I believe we should drill anywhere and everywhere oil might be lurking.  Those who don't, should turn in their car keys.

All the same, I hope that someone comes up with a fuel that is easier to get and less threatening to the environment, but until that happens I don't have a problem with oil drilling.  Incidentally, I believe there is more oil still in the ground than has been pumped out since oil drilling began.
Swingem

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 05:55:37 AM »
What is wrong with my suggestion to keep ours and use theirs for the forseeable future?  It seems to be agreed that additional oil from the north slope will NOT bring down the price of oil so why not sit on it for the time being? 
As far as there being more oil in the ground than has been pumped out, that is mere conjecture, just like the hand-wringers that say the oil will be gone the day after tomorrow.

Once again, I don't think aggressive enough efforts are being made to find alternative power sources. Why must we wait until the eleventh hour?
is  The thought struck me after my other post, I'm not sure if it Greenland or where but one country gets most of their energy from thermal energy from volcanoes.  Why wouldn't it be fissable (spl) in certain parts of the USA to heat water to run steam generators to produce electricity from thermal heat from the earth's core? Kinda like a nuclear power plant.

So, in truth, a sheeple is a term of dirision for anyone that doesn't agree with you.  Got it. ;)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »
Beeman;
  I believe the reason ANWR is tempting is to relieve the "gas pains". If we start pumping ANWR, we may not need to continue..the camel jockeys will probably
   drop the price of oil.
 The only "conspiracy" I see in the world oil market is the OPEC..the monopolized "price fixing" activities such as OPEC practices, are illegal in this country, due
  to the anti-trust laws, but in a worldwide context, they can do it..and they do; so we have to live with it !
      When we do begin to look seriously, at alternative sources and methods, the gang of robbers at OPEC drop the price until those working on such options,
   give up, simply because "oil is now reasonably priced". Once they have given up and the "other" fuel facilities fall into disuse..then the OPEC bandits conspire to
  raise prices again. We need to have a program that continues to pursue energy independence..regardless what the greedy OPECKERS do..
      Right now, we are at their mercy; exactly where they want us ! Some of the few that are cheering them on..are the usual "hate America" crowd right here
   at home..
  Of course, we need much more refining capacity..and the eco-freaks, hate America crowd are fighting that progress...

If we had ANWR to pump from whenever OPEC closes the tap..they will no longer have us at their mercy. It will require leaders in this country that look out for
   the US, rather than their own pockets..

Question: Of the three current seekers of the Presidential office, which one is most likely to have the necessary moral character to lead ..?

....And why do you think so ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 07:36:35 AM »
I believe it was Harry Truman who had a sign on his desk that said, "The Buck Stops Here."

It must have been good back in those days,..having a President who took responsibility for his own failures.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 10:03:47 AM »
I believe it was Harry Truman who had a sign on his desk that said, "The Buck Stops Here."

It must have been good back in those days,..having a President who took responsibility for his own failures.

These days that sign needs to be on a lot more desks in Washington including everyone in Congress. They are ALL responsible. Its just too easy to lay it all on the prez.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 11:00:49 AM »
Congress proposes, the President disposes..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 12:10:26 PM »
"the price of gas goes down and the drive to find alternate energy sources fades away" ie, congress isn't so interested in continuing research grant money.  BUT if there was a locked up, sealed, guaranteed ONE BILLION DOLLARS going to the first person or consortium that created a VIABLE machine with about a no BS gas mileage of 100 mpg or a cheaper, sustainable energy source that would yield 150% of the energy of gas with 25% of the pollution that billion wouldn't fade.  And, believe it or not, the billion would be easy to raise.  Congress could levy a one time sur charge on all the oil companies doing business in the USA. Their percentage would be based on their market share. We would need about a 10% add on admin charge but that would be nickles and dimes to companies that makes the kind of money they do.  Would we the consumers end up paying it?  You bet but at least it would be "trickled down" thru congress with about several tons of pork to dilute it.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 04:48:33 AM »
You know what " WE THE PEOPLE " means the buck stops with us !
WE THE PEOPLE need to clear off the desk in Washington that ain't doing our business like we want it done !
All this blaming the people that WE THE PEOPLE voted in is BS ! Any elected official who did not do his job but got reelected is our fault !

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008, 05:07:21 AM »
You know what " WE THE PEOPLE " means the buck stops with us !
WE THE PEOPLE need to clear off the desk in Washington that ain't doing our business like we want it done !
All this blaming the people that WE THE PEOPLE voted in is BS ! Any elected official who did not do his job but got reelected is our fault !

I can't disagree with this, not one bit.  The problem is that too many people fall prey to the bread and circuses offered up in the form of McDonald's and American Idol, and don't pay enough attention to the politics and world events to get REALLY PISSED OFF, as we all should be.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 05:52:22 AM »
Yep, everybody is satisfied with their little bowl of rice and don't realize that it was their @#!!&%@ rice to begin with.  The gov'ment is a non-entity; a non-accountable entity.  "If I can get a extra spoon of rice (aka double dip), that's okay, it means I'm slick. If I don't do it someone else will. No point in voting, it don't count.  What do I care that if the gov'ment gives me something, it means they have taken it away from someone else.  (does that sound like some of Hillary's promises?)"

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2008, 06:16:43 AM »
almost as much as it takes a village to corrupt a ............ i mean raise a child

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2008, 07:30:24 AM »
it has become pretty obvious that some one is not going to let anyone build new refineres, to refine our own oil. It is also obvious that same some one
is not allowing nuclear power plants. It seems it is going to take an uprising of some sort by the citizens to make any thing happen, none of the
politicos are willing to do any thing than give lip service. How long before all these people on welfare now will start getting Fuel checks along with that welfare check.
when the politicos think that will get them another vote it will happen. Some how the people that are paying for every thing has to gain control, don't think it
will be by voting. Every time some one steps up and says the right thing and gets elected, and finds out how easy it is to line his pockets he is also corrupted.
JMHO >:( >:( >:( >:(
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 01:41:03 AM »
the only way to change a political hold on a country is to make the country fail , and a new political party can rise from the failure or as we do it come to HELP .
Is that what's going on here ?

Offline Dee

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 02:51:27 AM »
I look at all this rhetoric, in the form of opinions, theories, and placing blame on this party or the next, and if it were funny, I would laugh. BUT! Alas, it is not funny.
The Democrats when in control of both houses, did NOTHING concerning refineries, drilling new oil fields. The Republicans when in control both houses, did NOTHING concerning new refineries, drilling new oil fields.
 Democratic President? Mogadishu, and an 8 year helter skelter bombing of Iraq, over no fly zones imposed by the U.S. not the U.N. and billions of dollars spent accomplishing, NOTHIN.
 Republican President? Afghanistan, which I agree with, and Iraq which I DON'T agree with. Once again billions spent, thousands of good men lost, and NOTHING accomplished.
Final analysis? Neither the Republican or the Democratic Congress or Senate give a red p#ss about what you want. BUT! They do know what buttons to push if they want re-elected. No gun control and a few others will get the job done in the voting department.
Presidents? They now have the ability AND THE WILL, to totally BYPASS Congress and declare war on their own. Just give it a good name, put an ugly face on it, and people will accept it. Just like they did this time.
So now we have a Congress and Senate, that will vote themselves record LIFETIME, pay raises, and benefit packages after driving to work in chauffeur driven limos, so they can vote on HEALTH CARE for us peons, and we have Presidents that can declare war BY THEMSELVES on any country they wish, as long as they can dream up a good reason, AND if that reason doesn't wash in the long run, he can CHANGE THE REASON. We're spending 11 billion a month on a country that wouldn't p#ss down our backs if our guts were on fire. AND, were spending billions a year PROTECTING a country (Saudi Arabia) that FINANCIES terrorists against us.
Yep! We got a situation here, no doubt. But I think there should be enough rope to go around in BOTH PARTIES. JMO though. No, on second thought, they aren't my opinions. They are the published facts.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 03:47:08 AM »
Sounds like what i was saying, just more elaborate. ;D
Rex

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »
Everybody that waded thru that loooooong cut and paste of TM7's please hold up your hands.  I know I certainly didn't.
TM7, a long time ago, I posted that every since man discovered he could hit his neighbor in the head with a rock and take his wife and goods and cave, the world has been divided into takers and takees.  No matter how elaborate the scenario nor how sophisticated the rock nor what pious or social justification you try to hang on it, it still boils down to the same thing. All wars are not fought on the battlefield.
And as far as taking "just a little bit of oil" from the ANWR, I think that would be like the fellow that sez "I'm gonna snort just a little coke, and I can stop anytime I want to."  As I tried to tell my sons when they were growing up, "the best way to break a bad habit it to never start."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 07:45:52 AM »
I vote for word count restrictions

Offline Dee

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 08:51:42 AM »
I vote for word count restrictions

Not me. I vote for "freedom" to read, or not read. My freedom chose not to read such a lengthy post. However! It was my "freedom" that chose. His "freedom" is to post such lengthy items.
Freedom IS the issue after all. ;)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 08:55:26 AM »
freedom to vote is a freedom ?
but good point all the same ,

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 09:47:04 AM »
Thanks TM, for the concise glimpse into "the market".
For those of you who didn't read it all , I suggest you make a more concentrated effort.
This is how the world works, like it or not.

Drilling ANWAR won't effect the price of domestic fuel one bit. It will all go on the world market as soon as the first barrel hits the surface.

Offline Dee

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »
freedom to vote is a freedom ?
but good point all the same ,

Now SHOOTALL your reading something into what I said, that wasn't there. That's what starts rumors and misconceptions. I will type this SLOWLY so you won't have to hurry thru and miss it again. I said: I vote for FREEDOM "TO READ" OR "NOT READ". Now that's not confusing is it?
But on another note yes. FREEDOM TO VOTE "IS" a FREEDOM. We are free to do so,"T we? ;)
The politicians just ignore us after we vote for them.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 11:16:48 AM »
Please forgive me, i am not a knower of all things like some. If ALL oil goes on the world market,
cost is the same to every one, then the price of gasoline, is  it strictly due to refining and shipping
why else is their so much difference in the price of gasoline and diesel? all over the world?
Rex

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 05:25:28 PM »
In my area of the country these kind of articles are quite common in the main stream media even.

...TM7

Where are you from?  I'm not that familiar with the area suggested in your profile.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »
  In the first place TM, you should be a bit more succinct in your postings, especially "copied" ones (easier to copy than for the "victim" to read). Frankly I doubt one
   in ten read the entire missive..having other things to do. Of course, we all realize that there are many forces which are driving oil prices, but that is not to
  absolve the "Muzzies"..
   If such were the case, the OPEC monopoly would not be in existence. In any event, with recent debates in these forums, it is clear that some love and appreciate
    their home country, and some seem to carry a grudge against what many of us consider to be a nation with a few "zits", but nevertheless, still the greatest nation
  on earth.

Fellow forum members;
    I hear nobody in these forums claiming that the US is absolutely perfect, being a man-made entity ! However, most are of the opinion that the US is thus far, the
   best repository nation of human freedom in this world. Still, some want to do nothing but condemn the nation wherein they are privileged to enjoy the best avail-
   able freedom; freedom won by our veterans and today being defended by the cream of the crop of today's young adults. Rather than to point out the beauty of this grand
    experiment, they would prefer to scratch and dig at the few "zits'.. seemingly hoping that these zits will morph into a full blown, death dealing, cancer ! Some even seek to build
    vast, untenable "conspiracies", in their effort to deride their native land. Often these conspiracies are built on the flimsiest of "card houses" that force of reason easily demolishes.
           Yes, we should be aware of genuine wrongdoing and IMO, no one here is so naive to think that ALL American businessmen, politicians, pastors, professors,
    Imams, Darwinists,moral crusaders or left-handed chicken pickers..are paragons of virtue... 

Certainly, even worse claims could be made against other nations such as Saddam's torture chambers, brush chippers, tongue excising, tossing off buildings and
    Kurd gassing..Or the Muslim regimes in Sudan etc , which deliberately STARVE half their populations..Or the former Muslim strong man, Idi Amin, who enjoyed dining
    upon some of his victims, then there is China, N Korea, Cuba, Venezuela and the millions enslaved by " Sharia law"...

But that case is not made by these chastisers of the USA !     why ?

Even these complaints against one's own country could be understood..if praise and congratulations were also conferred upon our USA in equal proportion for the
   many times the USA does the RIGHT THING !
   However, if we look upon past posts by these same detractors..we rarely, if ever, find an "atta boy" of  genuine appreciation of this, the greatest nation !

I am not accusing anyone, but each of us can search the record on past posts and ask ourselves if the "hate America" gang is even worth talking to !

BTW: For all concerned:  Don't accuse me of accusing you...if the shoe does not fit, there is no need to even try it on !

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2008, 03:21:15 AM »
TM7, Sorry for you, my attention span is fine thank you very much. It's just you have so little to say that interest me.  Why don't you have your care giver take you to the library, to the children's section, and check out the works of Brother Aesop.  Specifically, "The little boy that cried Wolf", and  read it to you.  Rather than cut and paste the entire fable, I'll give you a brief synopsis: It's about an attention deprived little boy who, in an attempt to call attention to himself, kept clamoring about the demise of the village's flock. The people of the village became so inured to his prattle, that when he finally had something to say, they ignored him and he was eaten by the wolf. 
You've gained such a stereotype that anytime one sees TM7 one expects a verbose America bashing so the only reason to read it is to see which persona you have assumed that day.
You have a nice day now. You folks in the NE do like your dirt.  If you are indeed from the NE. As my late wife used to say when she worked with disturbed children: "he tends to restructure reality to suit his needs of the moment".

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2008, 03:40:38 AM »
Spitzer was looking into this, too,,,,among other things before he was brought down.  (Very important to have dirt on upper eschelon politician/rulers in case its needed.)

That is distraction at its finest!

He choke out the $5K/hr on a hooker and you make it sound as if he's the victim?  Is prostituion legal there in

I know, no one is perfect, but you make it sound like its OK for a politican to have personal faults, as long as you support him or his actions.  To which one may say if the good outweighs the faults, than its a good deal.  But who determines that weight?

I guess, all in all, its just another brick in the opinion wall.