Author Topic: Favtrite gun stores  (Read 3192 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
Favtrite gun stores
« on: April 30, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
what is your favorite gun store?? you know the place that's you love to go to talk about guns and stuff. I love Wain Roberts firearms in pinealls park,FL. I live in tarpon springs which is 30 miles from pinellas park but i take the bus down there because he will always give me a good deal on stuff and i like that( i got a crktM16®-02Z for 5$) , some people say there just rednecks but this is FL everyone is a redneck(if you come here you going to see 2 things lots of guns and the confederate flag on everything).
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
Re: Favtrite gun stores
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:53:23 PM »
I hate gun stores.  I go in them only when I have run out of options.  Too many guys just hang out in there and talk about hunting while the real hunters are in the field.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 07:39:42 PM »
Tarpon Springs!! I recently sold a condo that I had there. My mom & Dad retired and lived there for about 10 years. They had a place there since the late 70's. Y Great Greek food!!
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 04:35:53 AM »
Dang, Dukkillr, you've got to stop and eat every once in a while.  Why are you peckin' on that 'puter?  Why ain't you out killin' somethin'?  ??? :D

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 05:17:49 AM »
Tarpon Springs!! I recently sold a condo that I had there. My mom & Dad retired and lived there for about 10 years. They had a place there since the late 70's. Y Great Greek food!!

things have change here a little but it's still a small town(you go 5 mile up the road and there deer). FL changes every year, when i left in 99 and lived in Omaha, Nebraska for a year(that were some of my family is from) and came back in 2000 it was like a new city. One thing about  Omaha is that i have lived in FL most of my live and i am black and NEVER have i seen the KKK or had any Racism but when i came to Omaha i got both. I am not try to start anything but i am just saying the confederate flag is everywhere here and there lots of people that look like bad people but most if  not all are nice and that with i love about FL is that people are nice and there very few places were i would not go after dark.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:59 AM »
I will always have a connection to that area. Like I said my mom & dad had a place there since the late 70's and my father is buried not far from there. My aunt still lives in TS and I have another aunt & uncle that live just up the road in Port Richy. So we go back every know & then to see my family there. My wife will be at my aunts in TS the later part of May while son & I go to Idaho for a while.

Small world. I really do like going to the old down town area in TS. That's what drew all my family there for, scenery, ocean, weather & great Greek food.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »
Dang, Dukkillr, you've got to stop and eat every once in a while.  Why are you peckin' on that 'puter?  Why ain't you out killin' somethin'?  ??? :D
Stuck in the law library all afternoon... will be shooting as soon as my hearing is over... 

Not trying to offend, just can't handle all the ignorant hot air you get in gun shops...

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 09:23:32 AM »
I will always have a connection to that area. Like I said my mom & dad had a place there since the late 70's and my father is buried not far from there. My aunt still lives in TS and I have another aunt & uncle that live just up the road in Port Richy. So we go back every know & then to see my family there. My wife will be at my aunts in TS the later part of May while son & I go to Idaho for a while.

Small world. I really do like going to the old down town area in TS. That's what drew all my family there for, scenery, ocean, weather & great Greek food.

That what i love about TS and FL, there something for everyone

[/quote]
Stuck in the law library all afternoon... will be shooting as soon as my hearing is over... 

Not trying to offend, just can't handle all the ignorant hot air you get in gun shops...
[/quote]

some are live that, some are very good.  at Wain Roberts firearms these guys are pros(The owner was in SF and his son was a cop) so i trust them about stuff. I got my 12GA noble and H&R .22 there and he let me have both for I think 85$ he also will let you take back anything if you don't like it(i got a POCKET PROTECTOR HOLSTER from there for my 1934 and it didn't fit and he let me get a new one and made sure it fit my gun).

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 06:58:35 AM »
Hey, ain't nothin' wrong with some time spent sittin' aound playin' "can you top this?"

You've never sat around a campfire at night, chewing on a bite of snakekiller, while the laws of logic and reality were suspended? And, of course, truth lay bleeding on the ground. Just imagine a campfire in the middle of the gunshop floor. And too, think of how much those ignorant, blowhards would gain from your experiences. :D

Folks that take themselves too seriously tend to use a lot of laxatives in my experience.  ;)

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »
Hey, ain't nothin' wrong with some time spent sittin' aound playin' "can you top this?"

You've never sat around a campfire at night, chewing on a bite of snakekiller, while the laws of logic and reality were suspended? And, of course, truth lay bleeding on the ground. Just imagine a campfire in the middle of the gunshop floor. And too, think of how much those ignorant, blowhards would gain from your experiences. :D

Folks that take themselves too seriously tend to use a lot of laxatives in my experience.  ;)

what i like about most of these stores is they talk about guns a lot(I LOVE GUNS, it's in my blood) and they will let you looks at,hold and see the guns as much as you like(there a RPK with belt at one store and i get to hold and get the feel of it as much as i like) i mean it's like going to a museum but you can hold and look at the exhibits. I own very few good guns(the 1934 is alright but it's old) and i love seeing the new guns out and talking about them.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 02:12:09 PM »
  hes young i spect.. in time he ll learn interaction with others with common interest
 is one of the best sources of enjoyment and hunting knowledge..i agree also .. take u self a little less serious an enjoy getting  to your goals more..
 uh oh im guessing i need to quit wasting time and get my gun to the woods :)
  or mabe jus go to bed for a nap.. yep thats more like it..
 ps you know that young fellow was just being honest about what he thinks.. so thats better than folks who who run all around what they really think so as to fit in an all.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »
Tarpon Springs!! I recently sold a condo that I had there.

Small world!  I sold one I had in Clearwater Beach a couple years ago.  I hated to do it since the area is so great, but I hadn't taken the time to go down there in 3 years!
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »

Ain't it the truth!  I ain't bought exlax in years!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »
Tarpon Springs!! I recently sold a condo that I had there.

Small world!  I sold one I had in Clearwater Beach a couple years ago.  I hated to do it since the area is so great, but I hadn't taken the time to go down there in 3 years!

My aunt still lives in Tarpon Springs so we do go down every year a visit her for a few days. Always like going to down town Tarpon for the Greek food.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »

Your a Lawyer and you can't handle hot air? 
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »

It actually makes me sad to think about what great hunters some of those people could be if they spent 50% less time talking about hunting and 50% more time actually hunting.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
Jaquas fine guns is a favorite of mine. It is the only place I know of that I can walk up to a rack and pick up a $60,000.00 gun and have no slaesman breathing down my neck.
Oh yea... they have tons of normal guns also.
http://www.jaquas.com/

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 06:02:16 PM »

It actually makes me sad to think about what great hunters some of those people could be if they spent 50% less time talking about hunting and 50% more time actually hunting.

If you can't be out Hunting 50% of the time you might as well be talking about it.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »
Yep....that's a fact! :)
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 07:32:31 AM »
Most gun stores are just not very inviting for people to hang around much less on a constant basis.  There often owned by some old crab that doesn't want people just hanging around and not buying stuff.  Join a hunting/shooting club....You'll have much better chances in sharing the hobby you enjoy.

It was only a couple od weeks ago jamaldog87 said he didn't own any guns, now he has several......What a tangled web we weave. 

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
Most gun stores are just not very inviting for people to hang around much less on a constant basis.  There often owned by some old crab that doesn't want people just hanging around and not buying stuff.  Join a hunting/shooting club....You'll have much better chances in sharing the hobby you enjoy.

It was only a couple od weeks ago jamaldog87 said he didn't own any guns, now he has several......What a tangled web we weave. 

Your right to bear slingshots is in jeopardy in this country,move to south Africa and live in the bush,you cant hunt swamp donkeys but you can ty to spear cape buffalo.

i still have the right to bear arms but right now it's not a good idea to have any at this time. Maybe 3 or 5 year or if i move to a more rural FL then i will get some but at this time it best not to have any. I can go fill out the paper work for a rifle and have it after the 2 day wait but i not cause as i said it's not a good idea right now. Also i love the USA(i was going to go in the air force) and why would i move somewere were the last time i saw it on the news there were cutting peoples heads off?

Is he old enough to buy a gun? That's what I want to know.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »

get your facts right. I don't own any guns at this time but i did have a H&R fieldsman 852, barrta 1934 380 and hawes federal marshal 44mag. i stop having guns for right now cause something happen that i DON"T want to talk about and right now people are less progun then they used to be. also the 2 handguns were in my moms name tell i turn 21(which is this fall which would have been good) and the rifle was in my name. I still have a bow,slingshot and airguns so the hunting can still go on.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 04:14:05 PM »
You kept referring to the guns as "mine", so I questioned your honesty.  It is not my intention to ruffle your feathers or pick a confrontation. It is my intent to offer you a hand.  It was not long ago that some of the other members caught you in something similar with posted pictures you cut and pasted from around the net. If you would just be yourself and honest, you would find that you would have more friends that enjoy your hobby than you could count.  In short be yourself, you don't have to pretend to be someone your not.  We're all friends here.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »

get your facts right. I don't own any guns at this time but i did have a H&R fieldsman 852, barrta 1934 380 and hawes federal marshal 44mag. i stop having guns for right now cause something happen that i DON"T want to talk about and right now people are less progun then they used to be. also the 2 handguns were in my moms name tell i turn 21(which is this fall which would have been good) and the rifle was in my name. I still have a bow,slingshot and airguns so the hunting can still go on.

People have always been anti gun since the day this country is founded. Don't be afraid of them and if we don't have gun ownership from the next generation it won't be around at all. 30-30man is right also.

Rick

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 06:29:55 AM »
you don't have to pretend to be someone your not.

He ain't, he's just being Jamal.  That just be the way he be... I understand your impressions though.  Shoot, I'll bet there are people here who even question him being black...  Then there's the swimming the dump pond with the rats after setting it on fire... or the wild ass hunting with a bow... But he knows a 600 Nitro when he sees one!   ;D
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 10:51:04 AM »
You kept referring to the guns as "mine", so I questioned your honesty.  It is not my intention to ruffle your feathers or pick a confrontation. It is my intent to offer you a hand.  It was not long ago that some of the other members caught you in something similar with posted pictures you cut and pasted from around the net. If you would just be yourself and honest, you would find that you would have more friends that enjoy your hobby than you could count.  In short be yourself, you don't have to pretend to be someone your not.  We're all friends here.

it's alright, many have question my  honesty and the thing i have done. but i just got out of the gun game for some time cause it just not safe at this time. I am still going to hunt with what i got(you my quash my sprite for guns but you can't stop my from hunting). also i been "myself" with my girlfriend and other hunters and now i have no girl, no guns, and no hunting buddy's so no being myself is not good. I post on here thing i have done "being myself" and you think i am making it up. I just do what i do, if people think it's unreal well too bad, i do what makes me happy and i know what happen really.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 12:09:32 PM »

it's alright, many have question my  honesty and the thing i have done. but i just got out of the gun game for some time cause it just not safe at this time. I am still going to hunt with what i got(you my quash my sprite for guns but you can't stop my from hunting). also i been "myself" with my girlfriend and other hunters and now i have no girl, no guns, and no hunting buddy's so no being myself is not good. I post on here thing i have done "being myself" and you think i am making it up. I just do what i do, if people think it's unreal well too bad, i do what makes me happy and i know what happen really.

PM me your personal address and I'll send you a couple of those disposable cameras.  When you're done, send them back and I'll develop the film in them at my expense.  I'll post them here so everyone can see the real you.  I'd even be willing to blot out your face if you're concerned about that... my only request is that you remember the peace sign in every picture that features you...  Actually, I'll even blow-up and frame one or two of the best pictures and send them back to you for your desk... again, all at my own expense...

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 02:55:00 AM »
 ;D now that is a safe bet  ;) but it sure made me smile.