Author Topic: List your favorate gun shop ? and why ?  (Read 826 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
List your favorate gun shop ? and why ?
« on: May 03, 2008, 06:05:06 AM »
Mine is the Sportsmen's Den here in Lima , the old man that runs the place is just great about ordering anything that I need if he does not have it on the shelf . He retired some years ago and does this just for something to keep himself busy .

He stocks a ton of reloading supplies and keeps quite a few hand & long guns in stock too . My wife says that I spend way to much money there but I just like to sit and talk to Floid as he has been dealing with guns and ammo loading longer than I have been alive .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
Re: List your favorate gun shop ? and why ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »
well i got two , but for different reasons, the one in mount vernon ohio, BJA's guns  is my hang out, ex 3tour vietnam vet  and as you  say stimply he will  order me anything if he can get it , and we can go in sit for hours an buy nothing and he loves it,  it becomes a gathering place some evenings, and a lot of the locals all shoot pitol compititons in zanesville togather so that  brings a lot togather, the other is fin feather fur in ashland  just like to go in talk to the owner mike who i did busines with n the 80;s  when all he had was the original old gas station down the street,  use to shot a ton of trap there too, back when you could afford shot!!!!

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »
In the NW corner of the state we are in need of a good local owned shop.
You must consider Clelands... pricey but then again how many places can you go and meet a guy that Thompson Center named a gun after?????

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:38:52 PM »
HT

I know what you meen about needing shops , we used to have about 10 within about 20 miles of here , now we are down to 3 and of them there is one that I would drive to Dundee before I would spend a dollar in , ( he's an AXX ) .

Shane

I have thought about shooting trap ( never done it at a range ) but your right about shot $$s , maybe some of those 4 box pacs from K-mart would be cheaper ?

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline ripmyfly

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
Greentop in Richmond, VA because its the best. And hey I live 500 miles away in Tennessee!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace.
We ask not your council or arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains sit lightly upon you.
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Edit/Delete Message

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
if you are willing to drive that far I like Whittakers just outside of Owensboro Ky

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »
well i shot a lot of it for about 20 yrs , i stopped after the ohio state shoot last june , i spent over 200 bucks and got back 38bucks in prize money  hahahabecause i hit a lewis class, my son an i in the high life days were shooting 300 -400 rounds a week, but shot was 11bucks a bag , last i seen was 49 bucks a bag here , did hear  a few were buyin for 39 in ohio, but you can get loaded federal top gun for 47 a flat of 10 boxes  most places ?? makes no sense but thats  the way it is, still the cost of targets are up , and i was told its 49 bucks per hundred for registered targets?