Author Topic: Might I make a suggestion?  (Read 485 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Might I make a suggestion?
« on: May 05, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »
Might I make a suggestion? I know this is a hard thing to talk about but with the recent passing of Bulzaye. I have come to wonder how many members disappear and never heard from again. There ( I am sure ) are many members that their family has no idea they are even a member of this site. We are their second family and care much for our friends here. What I suggest is a place where we could leave contact information for our families in case one of us should just pass on unexpectedly. I know if I were to die tomorrow ( Many would not much care ) that someone would ask hey have you heard from DALESCARPENTRY. My wife or daughter do know I am involved in this site buy my wife would not even know how or where to make a post that I kicked the bucket. The point I am trying to make is if after 3 months or so and a member is MIA. That maybe GB would have some type of data base to contact the family to find out if we are still alive. This would need to be a place where the contact information can only be viewed by GB, Matt and Quick. I just feel that our extended family should know if something happens to one of us. Let me know what you think. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Might I make a suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:14:06 PM »
Might be easier just to send your personal information to two or three folks you consider trustworthy friends on the site, then they could contact your family.  One might even consider writing a letter of instruction to be included with your will.

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »
"Extended family"?

Back away from the keyboard......real slow......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 06:06:28 AM »
"Extended family"?

Back away from the keyboard......real slow......
I don't know about extended family  but I do have a bunch of good friends I have never met face to face. Kurt and I have been swapping ideas about 20 gauge slugs.  we joke .kid and harrass each other along with helping and praying for each just like the friends we have outside the net  .one of my other hobbies (addictions according to my wife LOL) is two wheel garden tractors (gravely)I listed mine for sale on a tractor forum do to the fact I blew the engine and do not have room to tear it down and leave it spread out while I rounded up the hard to find parts . I got a p.m. from a forum member there saying he had an engine I could have and would be at the portland In. spring swap meet next week portland is 20 miles from my house 
may be an address /phone number data base accessable to mods  If someone dissappears a call or postcard  to check up on you   In a serious problem we could even rally some troops and go help if the situation called for it
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
Actually, I probably owe you guys an apology.......I should have been flattered to possibly be thought of so highly.........

really, I'm humbled........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater