Author Topic: wi fighting for concealed carry again...  (Read 546 times)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
wi fighting for concealed carry again...
« on: July 18, 2003, 05:28:50 PM »
been seeing all over the news how senator zein is at it again;  i wonder how the liberal pricks are going to submarine us this time around.   some liberal jackass on the news tonight proclaiming that "this isnt the wild west, there are enough cowboys around, and wisconsins gun carrying days are long gone never to be  seen again."   god i pray he is wrong.

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 11:21:15 PM »
So do I, it's that kind of elitist thinking that ticks me off..."I'm smarter than you and you can't have a gun", thinking...  Just maybe it will go through this time... :D
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline Joe D

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 05:35:55 AM »
myronman3,

I'm in MI.  We finally got 'shall issue' permits through in July 2001.  Not without lots of fights.  During the battle, we had all the usual lies about CCW, and even some pretty creative new ones.  The State police post commander in my county, who also sits on the County Gun Board, actually said that a shall issue CCW law would lead to more suicides.  I'm not making that up.  I'm not sure what convoluted logic she used for that one, but it was typical of the stories that were floated.  It was going to be the 'Wild-West', road-rage would now be fatal in all cases, instead of arguing about whos going to do the dishes, couples would just shoot it out(OK, I made that one up).  

Ours ended up going to the MI Supreme Court.  After it passed the legislature and the guv signed it, the antis decided it should really go to a referendum vote.  BUT, our congress, very wisely, added appropriations to the bill to help counties defray the costs of implementation.  In MI, bills containing appropriations can not go to a referendum.  An Appeals court sided with the antis(has anybody on an appeals court ever been to law school?), and said it should go to a vote.  The supremes took the case and did the right thing.

All you can do is make noise.  Let your reps know that your watching what they do on this.  I get to WI occasionally so I want it to pass also, so I can carry there via reciprocity agreement.  

Good luck, and get noisy!

Offline jradloff

• Trade Count: (0)
WI CCW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 02:52:03 PM »
Does anyone out there know were the WI CCW is as of now as far as it's travels through the Legislature. : :?
Red Bear