Author Topic: Knight kp-1  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Rustler

• Trade Count: (0)
Knight kp-1
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
I'm still holding off on buying the Knight KP-1 would like to hear how the shot groups are and if any new prob or concerns anyone has about them.
Thanks
Rustler

Offline olsingleshot

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Knight kp-1
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »
My KP1 in .223 shot a .45" group with 55gr. Ultramax ammo.

Offline xhare

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »
I have only shot my 45-70 offhand but it was sufficiently accurate.  I have just purchased the Talley mount and mounted a scope, but I have not had it to the range yet (busy with work and family life plus it is miserably hot and humid now). 

The only complaint I have is not the gun's fault.  Some of my reloads dont extract well.  I have determined that is is due to old (read untrimmed) brass.  This brass has 6-8 reloads on them without a retrim.  Plus all of that shooting was in my Handi or in a Browing 1885 I used to have, not the KP-1 chamber.  I have had no such problems with factory loads.  Love the gun over all and I hope to add a 44 mag and 308 barrel in the future.   

Offline ourway77

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (134)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 03:37:14 AM »
xhare, does the KP_1 have an adjustable trigger as does the other Knights
It is better to trust the Lord, than put your confidence in man
If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.

Offline olsingleshot

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »
The trigger is not adjustable but it does not need adjusting as far as I am concerned and I am real finicky about triggers. My .223 shot well but I cannot speak from experience about any of the other calibers. I have a lot of single shot rifles and the KP1  I have shoots as well or better than most. The caveat is I have only shot this particular rifle. There were a few bugs when they first came out but since that was two years ago, I think they have been worked out.

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 06:13:17 AM »
The last trigger/hammer assembly that Knight put in my rifle has a too heavy pull weight to suit me.  It's very clean and crisp but must be a good 5 lb pull (haven't scaled it).  It would be nice if Knight would provide me with a good drawing of that assembly so I could tweak it myself. 

I would have to send the whole rifle back to Knight to get that assembly replaced.   

IF you are not thinking in terms of the switch-barrel capability and are interested in the rifle only as a muzzeloader, I would suggest ... get ready for this...   a CVA Accura instead. 
WHUT?

Offline squirrellluck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 04:26:14 PM »
my boss, myself,and 1 of my co-workers all bought kp1s in 45-70. all 3 sighted in at 100 yards. they all 3 seem to group pretty well