Author Topic: CCW Class  (Read 583 times)

Offline Greeenriver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
CCW Class
« on: May 11, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
I found myself down to North Carolina a couple weeks ago visiting my son and his family. He was scheduled to take the required CCW class before getting his CCW, and I enjoy spending time with him, so I  also attended the class. Now, I have and have had for several years a Michigan CCW that is honored in NC, and I have no intention of trying to also get a NC permit, but I found it interesting the differences I found between NC laws and MI carry laws. Also the class was much different in NC than the MI class was. I also thought that by taking the NC class if I ever had to use my carry gun in NC it would show that I had made an effort to understand and follow the NC laws.

Best part was I got to spend the day with my Kid shooting and playing with guns with several friends of both of us.

Life is good.

Greeenriver
Most of life's problems can be handled by a sutiable application of high explosives

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: CCW Class
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:12:46 AM »
Yeah, that sounds like fun. I applied for my CCW a couple of months ago, it should be mailed to me in about a month. I live in Mississippi and we have to submit to a FBI background check, but do not have to go to any classes. That was a good idea going to the class in NC, it sure won't hurt if you ever got into a shooting there. :)