Author Topic: handgun toughness  (Read 700 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
handgun toughness
« on: May 12, 2008, 02:08:42 PM »
i saw a handgun made out of something called Zytel. Have you hear of a gun made out of this and how tough is it over metal?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Glanceblamm

Re: handgun toughness
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:02:08 AM »
I am well below speed here but would be interested in hearing reply's on this subject. I knew that Smith had introduced a line of Titanium? handguns a few years back.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »
zytel is a glass filled resin, a polymer.  S&Ws new material is 'scandium' an alloy of titanium and aluminum
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
zytel is a glass filled resin, a polymer.  S&Ws new material is 'scandium' an alloy of titanium and aluminum

i do know about  scandium and  titanium guns. there more carry then shoot guns. there so light that firring they is very painful(i asked someone who sell them). still i don't know anything about zytel. you say it's a polymer like the glock handguns and S&W M&P and ruger MKIII4 handguns i think( i know the M&P 9mm  and i think the ruger mkII is one to.)
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends