Author Topic: May 14th, A Day That Will Live in Infamy  (Read 588 times)

Offline muskeg13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
May 14th, A Day That Will Live in Infamy
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:10:22 PM »
 Today, May 14th, 2008—is a date which will live in infamy.  The honest, hard working, citizens of the United States of America were deceitfully and deliberately, attacked by the insidious forces of the environmentalists, willfully aided by double-dealing Democrats and all too willing and delicate Republican elected and appointed officials. 

Today, without a vote of the people, we gave up American liberty and independence. The perception that our economy is faltering is destined to become reality, and it will not recover.  Fuel prices will rage ever upward unabated.  The American standard of living will rival that of Mexico, if we are lucky, but for very different reasons.  There will be famine, job loss and cold homes for many winters to come. 

Today, out of political expediency and weakness of heart, our Government (and I'm reluctant to capitalize the G), caved in to those who hate this nation and has declared the polar bear to be a threatened species due to so-called man-made global warming. 

Imagine that?   The U.S. polar bear, whose numbers have risen significantly since 1970, is now the reason why all oil and gas exploration will be stopped just when energy prices are at their historical highs.  Our neighbor Canada does not see these bears as being either endangered or threatened. Why is our logic different? 

Modern civilization itself has now become threatened to possibly save a few bears who some so-called environmentalists say may possibly be threatened in 50 years or so by the loss of sea ice that may or may not be caused by human action.  That's a lot of sacrifice forced on the U.S. people by accepting questionable conjectures as fact. 

But always will our whole nation remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated plot, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe that I interpret the will of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.

With confidence in our resourceful and independent will—with the unbounding determination of our people—we will gain the inevitable triumph—so help us God.

Offline oldandslow

Re: May 14th, A Day That Will Live in Infamy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:17:29 AM »
Typical. You never heard a word about in the news but the BLM just declared a moratorium on oil and gas exploration over a huge area of S.E. NM because of the decline in numbers of prairie chickens. The chickens were doing fine with the oil field until drought set in a number of years ago. It still isn't raining but it is all the fault of oil and gas activity.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:34:50 AM »
Yet no one mentions that the congress overwhelming refused to let Bush continue to add to our emergency stocks of oil even tho it was admitted that making this show boat move will do nothing to alter the price of gas.
I thought the moratorium on P bears was world wide??  Estimates are that the lose of sea ice due to global warming will lead to the lose of half of the P bears by middle century.  If not, anyone rich enough to hunt P bears can just go to another country and shoot one. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 08:48:25 AM »
Makes ya just want to shoot all of them !
so they will not cut off the oil !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
The congressmen or the bears?

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »
 ;D
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 02:46:07 PM »
what did the bears do ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !