Author Topic: LENGTH OF PULL????  (Read 406 times)

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
LENGTH OF PULL????
« on: May 22, 2008, 02:25:07 AM »
I am adding a recoil pad to a pardner...The length of pull now is approximately 14".  It seems a little short to me as most guns do. I am 6'2" tall.  Do you think a 15" LOP will be too long for me. I just really don't want to cut the stock down.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: LENGTH OF PULL????
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:55:20 AM »
Best way to tell is to give it a try. If you have to chop the stock a little and you mess it up you can always find another in the classifieds here. Or you could order what ever LOP you want from our fine sponsor Gunstocks inc.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: LENGTH OF PULL????
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:29:24 AM »
A good rule of thumb for LOP is to place the butt inside your elbow and see if you can comfortably reach the trigger.  You can remove the stock, hold the action with your finger on the trigger, place a yard stick inside your elbow running inside the action.  Read the rule where it reaches the end of the action.  That is not LOP but the length your stock should be.  Add that to the length from the rear of the action to the trigger should give you LOP.