Author Topic: Ruger P97 in .45 Cal  (Read 577 times)

Offline Original Ken

• Trade Count: (0)
Ruger P97 in .45 Cal
« on: July 21, 2003, 08:53:28 AM »
Does anyone have one of the Ruger P97's in either double action or otherwise in the decocker models??  I saw an ad for them in Shooting Times and also saw them in a local shop.  I had a P95 in 9 mm that I stupidly sold  ( A man should never sell or trade any gun he owns and I need to hang that sign over my loading bench!!) and didn't replace it.  The 45 looks like a nice piece.  I know that there are a lot of different 45's out there with a wide range of prices.  I have had good luck with Ruger's in the past and their service in AZ has been exceptional.  I just wondered what anyone's experience with the P97 has been.  Thanks for any info you can provide.

:grin:
This Be The Original Ken
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Shooters: We have lost an old friend, and I am saddened by his passing. Ken Stufft, who we knew as The Original Ken, passed away unexpectedly on March 22, 2004.

Offline Duffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Ruger P97 in .45 Cal
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 07:12:07 PM »
I really like mine, I have a P90 and the 97 and like the feel of the 97 better. Both are decockers and both shoot about the same. The 97 has a slimmer grip and the trigger is curved more to shorten the pull. Only thing I would do is get one of the rubber slip on grip sleeves because the plastic can get a little slippery.
Ryan