Author Topic: PF-9  (Read 1631 times)

Offline A Burr

• Trade Count: (0)
PF-9
« on: May 31, 2008, 02:30:21 AM »
I have put 200rds through mine since I bought it a month ago. Feels great in my hand, the recoil is not unpleasant, and the gun looks good to me. There have been no malfuctions. At 7 yds the groups are coffee cup saucer size. At 10yds dinner plate. At 25yds its 4ft by 4ft. Even from a rest. Now I thought maybe I was flinching so I had my son load or not load behind my back and then I would shoot. On the empty chambers I did not move a hair. My Ruger p345 shoots 2.5"-3" at 25yds. I like the PF-9. But I have a hard time keeping firearms that don't group well. I can't accept "well look at its intended purpose; to shoot someone at very close range". There has to be small concealables that shoot better than this. Maybe a Kahr ? Or is there something else I need to do ?

Offline nodlenor

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: PF-9
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »
I have trouble hitting anything with mine too. I've been taking a lot of ribbing for the lack of accuracy while using my PF-9. I think the hard trigger pull has a lot to do with it. Compared to mine it sounds like you are getting great groups. I haven't fired as many rounds through mine as you have so maybe I'll get better with some practice.
Self government without self discipline will not work; Paul Harvey

Offline bscman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »
It's the size of the pistol vs. the trigger pull that is causing it, more than anything else.
Bring the trigger right up to where it nearly brakes, pause/concentrate/align sights, and break.

Practice practice practice and you should be able to get "minute of man" at 25yds--it sounds bad, I know...but it's a defense pistol, face it. The PF9 itself is much more that 4ft accurate at 25yds.

Offline Horsefeathers

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 03:14:18 AM »
How is the recoil on the PF-9?    I have arthritis in my fingers. The PF9 is easy to rack the slide and the trigger pull is light enough but how might the recoil be ? I have aColt Pony PocketLight that i cant pull the trigger all the way back. Its very accurate and the rcoil is mild. I fired aRuger LCP-9 and the trigger and guard batters my finger.     Horsefeathers.

Offline nodlenor

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 03:52:16 AM »
I guess I'm a wimp but I found the recoil to be more than I wanted. I also didn't like the trigger pull so I sold mine. I just plain didn't like it. I think it is just too small. Of course that's just my opinion.
Self government without self discipline will not work; Paul Harvey

Offline A Burr

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 04:16:05 AM »
Sold the PF9 bought a Springfield EMP. What a huge difference.

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:57:22 AM »
Sold the PF9 bought a Springfield EMP. What a huge difference.
I agree with that!  Not only did you get a larger pistol, you got one that weighs and costs three times as much. The PF9 is capable of more than acceptable accuracy, but it is not easy to shoot well due to all the things that make it such a great carry gun, (Small/Light/thin/Long Trigger/Small Sights). If one takes the time to learn to shoot the PF9 well, it will improve your marksmanship skills with larger guns immensely. It is not a range gun! If you want to punch paper from the bench at 25yds, this is not the gun for you. Employment of basic marksmanship principals at realistic ranges from real field positions will bring out the potential of this little pistol. I shot my PF9 on our standard duty gun back up course and shot a 447/500 with it. I bought mine for all of the above virtues that make it a great, easily concealable pistol. In that role it works well.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,