Author Topic: quick release device to replace allen screw on dxt bolt  (Read 1047 times)

Offline deerjackie

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
quick release device to replace allen screw on dxt bolt
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:05:10 AM »
 can i install the quick release device or will knight have to do this? ok i will go into detail here. i hear there is a device to replace the allen screw that holds the bolt in on a knight disc extreme? is that correct? if so, i want one. anyone replaced one yot? it is on left side of bolt that keeps bolt from sliding out . thanks for looking. dj
WHATS THAT SMELL?                                                                                                  USS FORRESTAL CV-59  1983-1987 r div ht2

Offline coltchris

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: quick release device to replace allen screw on dxt bolt
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »
I just e-mailed Knight Customer Service today on this subject; will post info. when I get answer.  I've read on another forum that you can order from Knight & install; we will see!
Talk is cheap; except when Congress does it.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »
I am not sure myself. You should have a email back from them sometime next week.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline deerjackie

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:03:18 PM »
 thanks 30-06. i talked to them. 35 bucks and send the barrel to be drilled and tapped for this. very helpful customer service!!!!
WHATS THAT SMELL?                                                                                                  USS FORRESTAL CV-59  1983-1987 r div ht2

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 06:14:00 AM »
Sounds good. Thanks
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 03:01:55 AM »
 I had to get a new barrel for a fire damaged Knight. The new barrel came with the 'quick release'. It seems to be a bigger hole than the threads the retention screw is in. I think it would have to be re-threaded. I do like the quick release but I guess I'll stick with the allen screw on my other Knight if it takes shipping & $35. I do agree Knight CS is great.
NRA, Veteran

Offline deerjackie

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 06:40:41 AM »
 i think i will find a knurled screw that dia and length and use that.