Author Topic: Hey guys the swimming pool is officially open!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 545 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Hey guys the swimming pool is officially open!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 01, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
Hey guys the swimming pool is officially open!!!!!!!!!! I would have opened it a couple weeks earlier but the pool heater quit on me the last month of the season last year. The funny thing is I hooked everything up this year ( Including the heater ) and it all works. I can't figure out why it quit last year. Unless it may have had a loose wire and carrying out of the basement jarred it just right. So hey guys come on over and have a dip. We can grill out and drink some beers and have a good old time. I live for this time of year. I am about to start the grill here in just a few minutes and my mouth is watering. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hey guys the swimming pool is officially open!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 04:15:56 PM »
I know what you mean Dale. I don't have a pool but my parents got one for the grandkids (my kids) last year. They had it ready to go last Saturday. Man was it fun too cause it is hot down here. I also went yesterday and today. I just love it. ;D ;D ;D

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
A pool is good. It has been 95 here for a couple of weeks. We took the grandchildren too San Antonio for a Sea world outing and it was 95---Summer is here.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 02:23:42 AM »
Watch that wiring Dale. Your heater may have just had a stuck contact on the switch. You were probably safe from a loose connection because the heater would be dbl insulated anyway.
It may still be worth putting an Ohm meter on it to check the total resistance to prevent heating up the wiring or fire.
A lot of the folk around here that have a dedicated outlet at the pool will go as far as to sink another ground rod for that outlet if it is very far from the meter box. GFCI outlets also go without saying as they will trip out
@ 1/5 of a milliamp of current going to ground.

Sorry for being a stick in the mud but accidents happen every year and I sure hate to see them.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 02:53:43 AM »
I took the family over to a friends house a week ago, He just opened his pool. We let the kids swim, people with common sense stayed out as the water was 66 degrees, He has a real nice place in a wooded area and the sun does not get to the pool most of the time.
 There is another lesson I have learned, not to let the wife talk me into a pool, especially in a wooded area, he is always cleaning or adding chemicals. Maybe he just does that when I am around.
 He works his but off... Supervisor in a factory as well as a home repair guy while his wife loafs! He never seems to enjoy the pool himself.
Darn... I am getting cranky as I get older

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »
Watch that wiring Dale. Your heater may have just had a stuck contact on the switch. You were probably safe from a loose connection because the heater would be dbl insulated anyway.
It may still be worth putting an Ohm meter on it to check the total resistance to prevent heating up the wiring or fire.
A lot of the folk around here that have a dedicated outlet at the pool will go as far as to sink another ground rod for that outlet if it is very far from the meter box. GFCI outlets also go without saying as they will trip out
@ 1/5 of a milliamp of current going to ground.

Sorry for being a stick in the mud but accidents happen every year and I sure hate to see them.
I do have a dedicated circuit for my pool and I do have it on circuit. I made sure of that when I installed it. The thought of my family and myself being electrocuted is a bad thought for sure. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!