Author Topic: Ruger 380 LCP  (Read 2012 times)

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Ruger 380 LCP
« on: June 01, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »
What do you guys think of the Ruger 380 LCP? At 9.4 oz, and $300+, it seems it would make the perfect pocket gun.

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Ruger 380 LCP
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:54:51 PM »
It does. So far, mine has been flawless.

Offline kfarm

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »
FYI
I have have an LCP for quite a while now, it was the second the dealer got in.  It has worked fine and has digested every thing I have run Thru it, White box Winchester and Gold Dot and Federal, however when I tried Corbon and racked one into the chamber I noticed the slide did not fully close.  When I tried to eject the bullet, only the case ejected and had spilled powder in the action.  The bullet was lodged in the barrel, I had to push it out with a rod.  Did this twice, It looks like the bullets profile is getting into the rifling. Gave it a good cleaning and made sure that the chamber was clean.  I have not done any thing else as yet but I am going to call Ruger and talk to them when I get a chance.
Carroll

Offline kfarm

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »
Finally spoke with a tech at Ruger, well as it turns out they know about the chambering problem.  He said the the LCP will not chamber CORBON nor REMINGITON Golden Saber (mine will), but the chamber was cut to SAMMI specs, YEA right like why does my Colt 380 feed CORBON as well as all other 380's.  He said that they are working with CORBON to fix the problem (for Corbon to change the orgive of their bullet to fit Rugers bad chamber - what a deal Ruger get someome else to fix your problem).  I asked what recourse I had and the tech once again said the LCP was to spec. and I would have to live with it or sell the pistol.  What great customer service.   Even thhough I'm PO'ed with their excust it is a might fine pistol with Speer Gold Dots.  Please let me know if any of Y'all got the same problem.
Carroll

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:28:09 AM »
kfarm, I bought a LCP last week and took it out Saturday and ran 80 rds. of assorted ammo throught it. I shot Rem. FMJ, Rem. 88 gr. HP, Corbon 90 gr. HP, Federal Hydra-Shok 90 gr. , and PMC 90 gr. HP. All bullets fed good except the PMC, which would not feed at all. We also did a little informal expansion testing. We shot the Corbon and Hydra-Shok into 2 1/2 gal jugs filled with water. The Corbon went into the second jug and expanded nicely (the second one we shot expanded good, but shed its jacket in the second jug. The Hydra-Shok put an indention in the back of the second jug and had almost as much expansion as the Corbon. We shot the jugs at 7 yards. I will do the chrongraph session later this week and post the results.

Offline kfarm

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 02:04:28 AM »
John R,  It is the Remington green box and Corbon 90gr. that is the problem per Ruger. I have tried Golden Saber and Corbon DPX they work just fine.  I have a friend here at work got one yesterday and had the same cambering problem as I have.  I still love the little pistol but a little disappointed that Ruger is not wanting to look at their design but rather blame the ammo.  I also have a Kel Tec P32 which was replaced as a pocket pistol by the LCP.  This is more or less just a warnning to floks with the LCP to try different ammo and don't just load it up and hope it works.
Carroll

Offline Horsefeathers

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »
I got an LCP last week.  It jamed 5 mags out of six with PMC,PriiPartizan, and Win. USA. the rounds nosed dived into the feed ramp. Its on its way back to Ruger. We will see what happens next.   Horsefeathers...

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »
  everyone says its just like keltec ..must be some difference..my keltec feeds most anything .. of course its broken in now... i suspect thats the biggest problem with the ruger..OH  dont do like i did and lubricate too much..its probably made to run several
mags thru dry before it starts to get to hot..these little guns are in my opinion not made for gunfights .. just takin care of a bad guy or two while you fly like a butterfly ,,sting like a bee.. ;D

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »
the Ruger 380 LCP?

PArdon my ignorance but I'm a generation or two behind.  Is this the 6 shot dbl. action only .380 auto?
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
 yep ..but mines 7 shots of pure chewim up an spitim out firepower ;D

Offline mas19

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
$300+.......Where the hell do you buy your guns at?

We carry them for $279

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »
Most of the place around here want 320, I think because they are hard to find.  I got one at bass pro and the guy said they just put it out a couple hours before and had never had a gun with that short of a barrel on there shelves.  The other places I checked had a waiting list and said they had only gotten a couple in so far.  I got lucky, I stopped in there because I had some time but never expected them to have the gun I had been all over town looking for.